Homophobic Taylor Swift Song viral TikTok

XAMJ

8 hours ago, Headlock said:

Because creating a totally not inflammatory rhetorical story of a suicidal kid is the correct way to frame the “true” impact of one line of a song that got changed less than a year later over 15 years ago :rip:

Do you sleep at night knowing that are people dying from homophobia and here you are defending homophobic culture? Taylor doesn't care about whatever you're trying to do

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• BGXKB

• Squall

• awesomepossum

7 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

I already did. It does make a difference which is why the person lied about it.

How does it make a difference, quickly :toofunny2:

Just now, Digitalism said:

Do you sleep at night knowing that are people dying from homophobia and here you are defending homophobic culture? Taylor doesn't care about whatever you're trying to do

Tell me where I defended homophobic culture. I want actual quotes.

The entire point which some of you keep not getting (either on purpose on not) is that Taylor writing this line in 2005 is representative of what casual homophobia in society was like back then, it was pervasive. As someone who was alive back then, everyone my age spoke like this, including me, a flaming homosexual. Nobody knew better, until we did, including Taylor, which is why less than a year later the line was changed and can now only be found in bargain bins at Goodwill like the CD from the OP.

The point is that a throwaway line from a 16 year old song, which got changed less than a year after release, does not have any impact on today's world, and exists more as a time capsule than anything else. Saying that is not a) defending the line, which I have repeatedly agreed is homophobic, or b) defending homophobic culture. It is explaining what homophobic culture was in 2005, specifically casual homophobia. Look at any movie, tv show, chat show, anything, this **** was everywhere.

There are actual real examples of current day homophobia that you can pay attention to that will actually impact people's lives today that have already been discussed in this thread, and this is not one of them. Talk about "Don't Say Gay", talk about anti-trans youth bills, talk about anti-trans violence, talk about the rise in hate crimes against gay people. And that's just in the US, you could expand this further internationally. That is productive conversation, not wasting time sifting through mostly stan-fueled pearl-clutching over a random line from a song that peaked at #28 on the Hot 100 over a decade ago :rip:

And frankly, you invoking dead gay people for the second time is pure hyperbole and inflammatory, and is just gross. That's how politicians speak, that is not an honest argument whatsoever.

Taylor can’t be homophobic because she is lesbian/bisexual :chick1:

On 4/25/2022 at 2:59 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Didn’t Britney call gays “somewhat girls” when she was like 35?

If Britney says I'm somewhat a girl then I'm somewhat a girl

1d1bf7a9fb65276885413f065b54ac24.gif

Wasnt this common knowledge that this was the original lyric in picture to burn?? I heard the original all the time when i was 16-17 via my mom in the car :rip:

On 4/27/2022 at 7:25 AM, Headlock said:

How does it make a difference, quickly :toofunny2:

Because the younger a person is the less personal responsibilty they have. That's why the person lied about it. :toofunny2:

2 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

Because the younger a person is the less personal responsibilty they have. That's why the person lied about it. :toofunny2:

I want quantifiable data about the moral difference between a 13 year old and a 15 year old :rip:

4 hours ago, Headlock said:

I want quantifiable data about the moral difference between a 13 year old and a 15 year old :rip:

omg stop being so ******* dense :deadbanana4: everybody knows the difference, 13 is end of middle school while 15 is high school, the dynamics completely change. + puberty completely hits around 14 and changes the thought process of teens

Stream You Need To Calm Down and seven, the LGBTQ+-supporting songs from newly LGBTQ+ ally, Taylor Swift instead

1 hour ago, Rith said:

omg stop being so ******* dense :deadbanana4: everybody knows the difference, 13 is end of middle school while 15 is high school, the dynamics completely change. + puberty completely hits around 14 and changes the thought process of teens

I'm not seeing any quantifiable data nor any discussion of differences in morality.

That user tried to pull a gotcha over someone getting an age wrong, when the entire point is that it doesn't matter. She was a young teenager :rip:

Edited by Headlock

On 4/25/2022 at 12:47 AM, JorgeM said:

As a gay man I’m legitimize to say that I prefer this version and she should re-recoding 

Yes I love this version, she really meant those words in her soul and delivered so strong :rip:. I'm sure regardless she wouldn't be able to deliver it with the exact same fire. I hope she rewrites the line again for TV and it's scathing, Idk what it would be tho

On 4/25/2022 at 9:43 AM, Dephira said:

She was 12-13 so it’s okay 

as a teacher, well, I have to disagree... bullying is never OK... not at 12 or 22 or 62.

Guess she only hopped on the LGBT bandwagon once it was safe to do so...

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.