• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• BGXKB

• Squall

• awesomepossum

6 hours ago, cOe said:

I always understood it as her telling girls that he's gay so that they won't want to date him? Not homophobic by itself, messy tho

Uh she’s equating him calling her “obsessive and crazy” to her calling him “gay”

Sis, your interpretation is :rip: 

I don’t believe in cancelling people over **** they did 10+ years ago but don’t play dumb :skull: 

1 hour ago, BGXKB said:

both of you sound pretty homophobic. :bam:

I’m just saying both songs are homophobic and dumb. :michael:

This is terrible trolling :rip:

2 hours ago, BGXKB said:

Pearl-clutching would be being homophobic? :coffee2:

Anyway, what Taylor wrote as a 12 year old should just confirm what most of us already knew by now which is that for most of us growing up “gay” was the absolute worst thing you could be called. Like “you’re gay” was definitely the ultimate diss when I was 12 this is all proof of homophobia that homophobic bigots can never deny. Art imitates life. She thought gay was the ultimate comeback to being called crazy. I think a lot of us thought the same thing as kids. 

2 hours ago, BGXKB said:

It’s definitely dumb. :coffee2:

Somehow it has entered Gen Z’s vocabulary that stupid and gay are synonymous. 

2 hours ago, BGXKB said:

It’s still dumb. :skull:

Yes and Taylor was just another 12 yo so we don’t need to even go back and look at this other than another example of homophobia. In popular music. :coffee:

1 hour ago, BGXKB said:

both of you sound pretty homophobic. :bam:

I’m just saying both songs are homophobic and dumb. :michael:

1 hour ago, BGXKB said:

I think I am going to have to seek help with the report button for your obsessive negative attitude. How many times have you quoted me now to say that? Is this your way of saying that you’re homophobic? Who are you really talking to?

:celestial5:

1 hour ago, BGXKB said:

Literally anything else would have been a more inoffensive line there is no need to minimize it. Just call it what it is. Implicit homophobia in popular music.

1 hour ago, BGXKB said:

I don’t want to quote and copy this weird deflection but what you are implying is that homosexuality is a mental illness which it was in the United States until 1972. Homophobia is a harsh reality but it is a very real one. Denying it or attacking me for calling it out only perpetuates it.

56 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

You reported me because you are in denial that homosexuality was legally classified as a mental illness in the United States until 1972 and you are perpetuating that kind of homophobic attitude just 50 years later by implying that I need to “get help” because I am calling something homophobic? This is the second time you’ve done this to me, too. :celestial6:

48 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

@Squalldid you not know how many people were Holocausted or committed to insane asylums for being gay? Like what right do you think you have to tell me to get help or report me for saying these things? That is oppression.

47 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Homophobia has found a new word in gen z and it’s “sus” which was always a homophobic dog whistle. Because homophobic dogs are everywhere, they might outnumber sensible people. We just have to pray them away.

Minimizing homophobia is not it! 

43 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

I am 100% serious I have been harassed by dozens of people who played this game and said words from it. Was it just a coincidence ??? Homophobia is everywhere go to any religious gathering. I have gone to several to volunteer and as part of fundraisers and they just can’t keep gays out of their ******* mouths.

14 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

I mean not anymore but when it came out and the song was playing like this yeah it was bad and never felt right before I even understood what gay was. Some users are trying to minimize it or silence us from talking about it, which I think suggests they are offended by the very discourse.

:rip:

7 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

imagine saying she was 12-13 as if it's OK.. 

7 hours ago, Dephira said:

She was 12-13 so it’s okay 

ooop 

1456063714_ezgif.com-gif-maker(4).thumb.

6 minutes ago, Headlock said:

This is terrible trolling :rip:

I’m not trolling so you can stop running with the “OTH” narrative to silence someone from speaking about implicit homophobia just because you don’t want your fav dragged in stan wars. Honestly, why are saying I’m trolling for rightfully calling something that uses the word gay in a negative way homophobic? 

You’re just name calling and trying to minimize and silence my opinion instead of providing anything substantial against it. 

5 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Uh she’s equating him calling her “obsessive and crazy” to her calling him “gay”

Sis, your interpretation is :rip: 

I don’t believe in cancelling people over **** they did 10+ years ago but don’t play dumb :skull: 

That's not a bad interpretation, him telling his friends she's "crazy" is putting her down and make her seem undateable, so she would say he's gay for the same reason. It's still obviously homophobic but not on purpose, this is literally how people talked back then :gaycat6:

Just now, BGXKB said:

You’re just name calling and trying to minimize and silence my opinion instead of providing anything substantial against it. 

I've literally explained why this is a non-starter multiple times :rip:

You're the one suddenly talking about homosexuality being classified as a mental illness before the 70s :rip:

2 minutes ago, dreampop said:

ooop 

1456063714_ezgif.com-gif-maker(4).thumb.

Imagine if she had been older like some others

A304863F-8F2F-49F5-BC68-77826C5EA291.gif

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

I've literally explained why this is a non-starter multiple times :rip:

You're the one suddenly talking about homosexuality being classified as a mental illness before the 70s :rip:

It’s the way you try so hard to make sure people don’t even talk about it that says to me that we really need to keep talking about it. You talk about 2006 as if it was so long ago and everyone’s just changed since then. Maybe people who were 12 like Taylor? Obviously everyone else didn’t just suddenly stop being homophobic so you can stop trying so hard to stop us from talking about it because you don’t want your fav potentially dragged. And I’ve said multiple times before that she was 12, it has nothing to do with her now, yet somehow the narrative that I’m just trying to start something against Taylor keeps being suggested? :biblionny:

Edited by BGXKB

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Imagine if she had been older like some others

A304863F-8F2F-49F5-BC68-77826C5EA291.gif

tea

kissed-katy-perry.gif

2 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

It’s the way you try so hard to make sure people don’t even talk about it that says to me that we really need to keep talking about it. You talk about 2006 as if it was so long ago and everyone’s just changed since then.

Talk about what? :deadbanana4: That the word "gay" was used pejoratively much more in the early 2000s, ***** we been done knew, this has already been talked about ad nauseam, which is literally my point :rip:

4 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Maybe people who were 12?

Like maybe... Taylor? :toofunny2:

It is very possible that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry were indeed homophobic growing up. They come from conservative christian families that believe an old ass white man from above the clouds created all life. That being said it is silly to drag Taylor and Katy for this two decades later. People grow and change over time. I really dont think either of these women are homophobic and if you think they are then you're just deluding yourself and using this as ammo for petty stan wars. I dont like Taylor Swift but come on do you really think she feels the same way as she did when she was a teenager? I know pop stars pander A LOT but I'd like to believe most of their support towards the lgbt community is genuine for the most part. 

We see everything in "woke" lenses now and (most of us) know better, but the 00's was still a pretty homophobic decade :rip: it's not just Taylor and these lyrics (that aren't even thaaaat offensive). At least she changed it soon after release.

She never really liked gays, she was forced so her team could leech from them and keep a positive image.

Edited by ExHuman

2 minutes ago, dreampop said:

tea

kissed-katy-perry.gif

Yes, that was certainly the song I was referring to :rip:

ur-so.gif

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Talk about what? :deadbanana4: That the word "gay" was used pejoratively much more in the early 2000s, ***** we been done knew, this has already been talked about ad nauseam, which is literally my point :rip:

Like maybe... Taylor? :toofunny2:

Why did you quote that out like I didn’t say Taylor was 12? Why are you trying so hard to bring an OTH angle to this? What I’m saying has nothing to do with Taylor she was just implicit in it because, well, this song? 

1 minute ago, 4Real said:

We see everything in "woke" lenses now and (most of us) know better, but the 00's was still a pretty homophobic decade :rip: it's not just Taylor and these lyrics (that aren't even thaaaat offensive). At least she changed it soon after release.

They all know this, they're playing dumb for the sake of stan wars, which is beyond pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Yes, that was certainly the song I was referring to :rip:

ur-so.gif

I wouldn't waste my time arguing with these people who stan girls who have way more problematic pasts than Taylor tbh

Just now, BGXKB said:

Why did you quote that out like I didn’t say Taylor was 12? Why are you trying so hard to bring an OTH angle to this? What I’m saying has nothing to do with Taylor she was just implicit in it because, well, this song? 

The amount of strawmen you've tried to use in this thread is astounding. Who the **** is talking about OTHs? :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

They all know this, they're playing dumb for the sake of stan wars, which is beyond pathetic.

Exactly

7 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Didn’t Britney call gays “somewhat girls” when she was like 35?

And your posts on this site have consistently proven her statement to be correct 

8944200c9fa46b70ab47c258c691aa93--ezra-m

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

The amount of strawmen you've tried to use in this thread is astounding. Who the **** is talking about OTHs? :deadbanana4:

Are you not trying to suggest that I’m only concerned about this because I want Taylor dragged? 

2 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Are you not trying to suggest that I’m only concerned about this because I want Taylor dragged? 

I'm suggesting you using a dumb lyrics from 15 years ago to begin the discussion of the classification of homosexuality as a mental illness is insane :rip:

Just now, Headlock said:

I'm suggesting you using a dumb lyrics from 15 years ago to begin the discussion of the classification of homosexuality as a mental illness is insane :rip:

I called something homophobic and someone told me to get help. That’s offensive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.