Homophobic Taylor Swift Song viral TikTok

XAMJ

2 hours ago, anklebiterrs said:

I don't even think she was using gay as an insult here? She probably meant that by telling her friend he's gay no one would want to date him? It's still a stupid sentiment but I never really read it as homophobic.

:cm:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• BGXKB

• Squall

• awesomepossum

18 minutes ago, TeemoR said:

Just shows how PR'd her current image is. She is still just a typical, white Republican girl.

okay "Captain Teemo on duty" :oh:

Basically some users are not going to stop bullying other users for giving their honest opinion and instead are going to make this about “stans.” :coffee:

I still don’t think the lyric is a big deal. Some of you are just determined to read everything said in here as an attack on an artist or a person and it is not. Such attacks would go in the Base. :coffee:

3 hours ago, BGXKB said:

I still don’t think the lyric is a big deal. 

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

4 hours ago, TeemoR said:

Just shows how PR'd her current image is. She is still just a typical, white Republican girl.

I've lost count of how many monsters are in this thread :rip:

9 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

She wasn't 13 when she wrote it.

Because her being 15 instead completely changes everything :rip:

Edited by Headlock

Swifties would've been running in the threads to drag if Ariana or Adele had lyrics like this

I'm not going to quote the homophobic apologist but this is simple.

Is this ok? No it's horrible just like it was when everybody else did it. Just because my fav taylor did it doesn't make in ok. I don't think Taylor wants you to defend her on the internet for this and saying it's not that important

The version we need. The version we deserve 

18 hours ago, 1989 said:

Not a nearly 10 page thread about this old ass song. :skull: Is the line offensive? Well yes, by nature it is, but Taylor was 13 when she wrote it. Obviously by the time the album was released she learned and grew as a person (you know, like most people should) because the original version of the album with this line was sold for less than a year. By 2007 it wasn’t available anywhere. 

Meanwhile, it’s 2022 and there’s still actual, dangerous homophobia existing in the world. I get this is a pop forum, but a line written by a pop star when she was 13 and later changed by the time she was 16/17 is not hurting us. 

I agree with you but can apply this to the things you drag Ariana, Camila, & Justin for and it's the same thing :cm:  people are just pointing out the hypocrisy 

On 4/25/2022 at 3:56 PM, Mystic Boy said:

Why is anyone surprised?  She's the epitome of American mediocrity and a blatant redneck. Have you seen her parents ? :skull:

Did people suppose to share same political beliefs with ther parents now? Tell us more, Little Monster. 

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

Don't really know why other Swifties would have to make excuses about it when this is the superior version

Homophobes are allowed to say the g word. 

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

Remember when Katy tried to start her career off on the same foot with a song literally called "Ur So Gay"? :skull: These girls are more similar than they ever knew.

On 4/25/2022 at 4:18 PM, XAMJ said:

@Reverse Warholianexplain now. 

@WalkAway

Hi sweetie 

4g45.gif

Lemme gather you real quick.

1. I don't stan Taylor although I have a soft spot for folkbore and about 2/3 of reputa 

2. You tagged the wrong @Walk_Away21 :rip:

people are just now learning about this song? :deadbanana:

14 hours ago, Headlock said:

Because her being 15 instead completely changes everything :rip:

If it makes no difference, why lie?

21 minutes ago, awesomepossum said:

If it makes no difference, why lie?

Did I write the comment? Awesome, now that we move got that straight, care to refute my point? :cm:

14 hours ago, Digitalism said:

I'm not going to quote the homophobic apologist but this is simple.

Is this ok? No it's horrible just like it was when everybody else did it. Just because my fav taylor did it doesn't make in ok. I don't think Taylor wants you to defend her on the internet for this and saying it's not that important

Because creating a totally not inflammatory rhetorical story of a suicidal kid is the correct way to frame the “true” impact of one line of a song that got changed less than a year later over 15 years ago :rip:

Edited by Headlock

8 hours ago, Cheers said:

I agree with you but can apply this to the things you drag Ariana, Camila, & Justin for and it's the same thing :cm:  people are just pointing out the hypocrisy 

The way you had to slip in Justin fully saying the n-word with his whole chest as if that is remotely similar to calling someone “gay” :rip: Miss Swift didn’t call someone a bundle of sticks :rip:

being a gay and a Taylor fan has always been kind of a hard experience, like I love her but YNTCM was such a shallow song and its MV was even worse. 

I still love Taylor, but I'm not exactly looking for self-empowerment when I'm listening to her. 

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

Did I write the comment? Awesome, now that we move got that straight, care to refute my point? :cm:

I already did. It does make a difference which is why the person lied about it.

Social media re-discovering this every few months will always be a kii :toofunny3:

Is it homophobic? Yes, absolutely. But you have to take into account that she was a teenager when she wrote that song, and she's a rich white woman from the south. Obviously she was educated as to why it was wrong, because less than a year after it was released Taylor re-released the entire album and changed that lyric. On top of that, I think it's important to take note of how far she's come in her career. There was a time when she wouldn't dare speak on politics, and now she's supporting left leaning politicians and policies. That's what is important: she educated herself and took the time to grow as a person.

Besides, around the time this was released Katy put out Ur So Gay, which is literally about shaming her boyfriend for being too feminine :deadbanana2: But I don't see people trying to drag Katy for that.

why do people always act like they've just discovered this for the first time and get upset. she was young and ignorant where she made that in 2006, but that was a long time to grow and she's had a long time to grow and learn. just move on, seriously. 

49 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Obviously she was educated as to why it was wrong, because less than a year after it was released Taylor re-released the entire album and changed that lyric. On top of that, I think it's important to take note of how far she's come in her career. There was a time when she wouldn't dare speak on politics, and now she's supporting left leaning politicians and policies.

i don't agree with this though. It probably only got re-released because her team would've told her the backlash it would receive. And she only started speaking on politics once it was convenient and beneficial for her career. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.