House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Final Trailer Out | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

2 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Also was Alicent aware of the fact that larys was j.o to her? :biblionny:

Whats j.o

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Cole‘s character is so trite and over, he hasn‘t developed or has gained new motivation for like 4 episodes now and it‘s been several year and time jumps. Ridiculous he still has such clear rage and disgust against Rhaenyra motivating his behavior :rip:

Dreading the season finale for many reasons but this has to be on top of my list:

Arrax is so small wtf this is just unfair :dancehall3:

That tweet seems a little spoilery 

I didn't like the last 5 minutes, Rhaenys' guard told her not to go the Dragonpit because it's dangerous yet she went at the end and somehow she took her dragon, it was a very flashy scene

38 minutes ago, McNulty said:

I didn't like the last 5 minutes, Rhaenys' guard told her not to go the Dragonpit because it's dangerous yet she went at the end and somehow she took her dragon, it was a very flashy scene

Well, she had no choice but to go, since the guards were cattling the mobs into the dragon pit.

some of yall take it too serious. this was an AMAZING episode, fan service included.

i agree with the user who said Tom Glynn-Carney is doing an incredible job in portraying Aegon. I REALLY liked him this episode. And I am team black. Olivia Cooke was stunning too. 

AND THE MUSIC. This episode had the best music I swear. But I’m hoping the finale will be even better.

3 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

They said **** the poor :deadbanana4:

Honestly? Fair. Stomp em out for all it's worth diva.

1 hour ago, McNulty said:

I enjoyed the episode but I agree the final sequence of events was shot and directed a little strangely; I think they wanted the surprise of the scene to be effective (even though it was clear what was going to happen based on her little smile when they were lead to the dragon pit and her quietly disappearing). I think what they meant to convey was that all the guards were either busy with the sword theatre for Aegon or had come up for the ceremony. Plus it looked like she took a niche passage and once she is inside she can always command her dragon to kill any remaining guards. But yes overall it did feel a bit strange. Another scene of her in the pit could've helped.

Edited by Lucas32

1 hour ago, McNulty said:

why would she leave without her dragon? it was going to be a secure death for Meleys. Also, she needed to get to Dragonstone ASAP before Otto's killers.

she escaped avoiding getting murdered or her dragon getting killed by the greens. 

1 hour ago, Drowned8World said:

why would she leave without her dragon? it was going to be a secure death for Meleys. Also, she needed to get to Dragonstone ASAP before Otto's killers.

she escaped avoiding getting murdered or her dragon getting killed by the greens. 

she was going to leave it tho right before she got split up from her guard. Also why did she make this great entrance and killing hundreds of the civilian if she was going to spare her enemies???

10 minutes ago, McNulty said:

she was going to leave it tho right before she got split up from her guard. Also why did she make this great entrance and killing hundreds of the civilian if she was going to spare her enemies???

that wasn't a secure escape, and as i said in the other comment, she needed to get to Dragonstone as soon as possible. Leaving in a boat doesn't seem like a safe and fast choice. 

Imagine... escaping in a boat. By the moment she arrives to Dragonstone (if she does), Rhaenyra is dead and who knows when she was going to get her dragon back. If so. Dragons are weapons here and Alicent made that clear earlier when they were talking. She was untouchable with Meleys.

Another episode ruined because of the messy ending :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Episode 1x8 is going to be the best one of the whole series, right? :clownny:

They literally said: 'Hey! It's the ninth episode, so we have to make something impressive!'. Then, they f***ed it :deadbanana4: Serving Seasons 7 & 8, ugh.

I didn't think the #GirlBoss moment was that bad. Like this is the age of the dragons. You're telling me the Targs weren't using them to their advantage? If there was ever a time for sacrificing innocent civilians for your own gain...it's probably gonna be when you know for a fact they are going to kill your dragon, you, and your entire family if you don't bust out the damn floor...people questioning this choice are not thinking critically.

The panning of this episode for pages :lmao:

Allicent murdering all the little spiders could’ve been made into a much bigger event. She is supposed to be evil but I very much still find her likable. That couldve fixed it! Also we can argue that it wasn’t necessarily in her best interest to kill them all and only be left with her foot creep.

2 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

The panning of this episode for pages :lmao:

Allicent murdering all the little spiders could’ve been made into a much bigger event. She is supposed to be evil but I very much still find her likable. That couldve fixed it! Also we can argue that it wasn’t necessarily in her best interest to kill them all and only be left with her foot creep.

Agreed!!

The end was clunky but, at the end of the day, I'm ghey... so I lived :rip:

1 hour ago, Drowned8World said:

that wasn't a secure escape, and as i said in the other comment, she needed to get to Dragonstone as soon as possible. Leaving in a boat doesn't seem like a safe and fast choice. 

Imagine... escaping in a boat. By the moment she arrives to Dragonstone (if she does), Rhaenyra is dead and who knows when she was going to get her dragon back. If so. Dragons are weapons here and Alicent made that clear earlier when they were talking. She was untouchable with Meleys.

37 minutes ago, AndresVanDeKamp said:

I didn't think the #GirlBoss moment was that bad. Like this is the age of the dragons. You're telling me the Targs weren't using them to their advantage? If there was ever a time for sacrificing innocent civilians for your own gain...it's probably gonna be when you know for a fact they are going to kill your dragon, you, and your entire family if you don't bust out the damn floor...people questioning this choice are not thinking critically.

I absolutely agree with you both. And, as stated before, even more noble members of the royal family were not concerned of smallfolk's wellbeing, so this is not only the most logical thing to do in Rhaenys' situation, but also not out of character.

Ugh, it was going so well until the final 5 minutes where they of course had to insert some last minute "shock moment" just because it's episode 9  :gaycat6:

Although even some earlier parts were kinda meh (the way-too-long Where's Wally/Waldo? sequences, Mysaria's… entire existence), they at least were kind acceptable, but the ending was just pure and cheap fan-service.

I can actually understand the intent of having Rhaenys kill dozens of smallfolk during her escape because of what'll happen regarding these small folk people later in the show, but she should've then straight up escaped, instead of having some faux-dramatic stand-off with the Greens :gaycat6:

The last scene is iconic, everyone is prasing it, y'all can keep fuming 

prev. dixonscarol — Princess RHAENYS TARGARYEN and Lord CORLYS...

Yes, if this were Westeros during GOT i'd be agreeing. But it's not. So shut up!

Edited by AndresVanDeKamp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.