Kendrick Lamar - 'Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers'

Devin

Faves: "Rich Spirit", "Count Me Out", "Crown", "Savior", "Mother I Sober", "Auntie Diaries" & "Mirror"

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Speezy

• Martyr Of Fame

• Thinking Of You

Im skipping Auntie diaries, to me thats like Once heard it track and ok? good for you or sorry it happened

Ya'll making so much fuss over a well-intentioned song. Did you even listen the rest of the song? It's pretty nice. 

This album is great. United in Grief, N95, We Cry Together, Savior, Auntie Diaries are my favs

Edited by BNF91

2 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Ya'll making so much fuss over a well-intentioned song. Did you even listen the rest of the song?

This is atrl. Of course not.

I just finished and I feel overwhelmed :jonny: 

I don’t even know what to think. It’s not what I was expecting. There are immediate stand out, for sure, but it’s gonna take me a while to process all of this. 

“Sorry, I didn't save the world my friend

I was too busy building mine again”seems to be the thesis of this album. It also describes the album’s strengths and weaknesses. 

Mother I Sober :weeps::jonnycat:

There are quite a few immaculate songs on this album. Kendrick is kind of on his own level tbh. 

OMG!! this is really good & Im not a big fan of this type of rap, but deaf it had some big highlights, Kendrick interpretation is :flame:

I’m only on We Cry Together oh my god this album:clap3:

"My auntie is a man now. I watch him as his girl hold their hands down." :jamming:

Also i’m ready for all the lashes.

I was expecting the media/industry to

turn on him with DAMN., but this is clearly the album. I’m gonna ride through it. 

run-explosions.gif

7 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Ya'll making so much fuss over a well-intentioned song. Did you even listen the rest of the song? It's pretty nice. 

This album is great. United in Grief, N95, We Cry Together, Savior, Auntie Diaries are my favs

Gworl this site is open minded when. It wants to. They are typing paragraphs to Joe Biden as we speak 

I think that overall this album was pretty good, although he really could’ve kept some of the features 

:devil:

6 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Mother I Sober :weeps::jonnycat:

There are quite a few immaculate songs on this album. Kendrick is kind of on his own level tbh. 

It’s been a long time since a song brought me to tears on first listen like that:jonny: 

I never expected Somebody (leak) to be reworked into something like that. It happened a couple times this album and seeing the process feels like magic :jonny: 

And it finishes incredibly strong with Mirror. I think I got my summer album. My most instant Kendrick album tbh. 

8.8/10

Edited by BNF91

1 minute ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

It’s been a long time since a song brought me to tears on first listen like that:jonny: 

I never expected Somebody (leak) to be reworked into something like that. It happened a couple times this album and seeing the process feels like magic :jonny: 

I think Mother I Sober might have the best lyrics on the album. That s**t HIT

An intensely mixed bag, but not awful. The album really lulls in the middle, but it recovers towards the end. Some of these tracks are just so generic and forgettable. "We Cry Together" is cumbersome to sit through and I'm not sure what I think of "Auntie Diaries" yet. 6/10 overall.

Favorites: "United in Grief", "Mirror", "Silent Hill" (that HUU is infectiously funny), "Mr. Morale", "Savior"

very short take- total gemini album lol, trust me the album represents how the sign is i can confirmed. flows changing on every songs, not chore and very fun to follow storylines. thus, kodak is not necessary at all. in brief, its not his best but great progression from DAMN.

my fav are United In Grief, Mother I Sober, We Cry Together, and the controversial one Auntie Diaries (insane bars but yeah).

Send Die Hard to Pop radio yesterday.

The new LOVE, aka crossover hit :jonny5: 

Great album :clap3:  Going to be another crime when he loses AOTY to 30

As expected, the album is phenomenal. It's so interesting sonically, the way he switches flows and uses various instruments and samples, the way he comes up with such original productions (like... United In Grief slapped the **** out of me tf). I like how he can sound all over the place at times and yet, there is coherence in the controlled chaos. You can tell you've been told a story by the time Mirror ends.

There are so many standouts in there I can't even--

I need to listen to it again to make sure I process everything but clearly, no one does it like him. :jonny2:

So happy he didn't censor himself on this album, this is rap y'all get with it or get the **** out!

Not everything is catered to you!

atrl-sebs123.gif

He slayed!

2 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

The faux outbursts about him using the *** as if he isn’t telling a story. Yet, you see the N-word in a whole bunch of books written by white people that clearly tells a story :skull:

THIS TEA.

I’m playing it back and it’s starting to hit just right:jonny: 

The Big Steppers is so good. 

Why everyone pissed with that f*g line

It is part of storyline?

Or did I miss anything?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.