Kendrick Lamar - 'Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers'

Devin

Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

And that’s…. Also wrong? :skull: two wrongs don’t make a right. 

WHAT? You literally see white people saying the N-word in films too that revolves around certain time periods. You acting as if these incidents didn’t happen in real life, including Kendrick’s story :rip:

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Speezy

• Martyr Of Fame

• Thinking Of You

is We cry together suppose to be recreation of Kim by Rap God? 

embarrassing

only eminem can do it decently

Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, Slayn said:

Can anyone who isn't black use the n-word when telling a story?? Absolutely not. Anyone straight should NEVER use that word. It's why I don't listen to Eminem.

Don’t we see it all the time in books, films, and TV series, especially time period pieces? Oh ok. 

Just now, Thinking Of You said:

WHAT? You literally see white people saying the N-word in films too that revolves around certain time periods. You acting as if these incidents didn’t happen in real life, including Kendrick’s story :rip:

Please if ANY white person used the N-Word in a song everyone including you would be lashing them. The double standards

Just now, Slayn said:

Can anyone who isn't black use the n-word when telling a story?? Absolutely not. Anyone straight should NEVER use that word. It's why I don't listen to Eminem.

YES do you read books honey ? Screen plays chile... they use both the nword and fword.

please tell me you read books ?

We cry together is AMAZING. The Florence sample, the quick he said/she said call and response, the piano, I’m in awe

Just now, Thinking Of You said:

Don’t we see it all the time in books, films, and TV series, especially time period pieces? Oh ok. 

It shouldn't happen there either?? Just because it happens doesn't make it ok????

Thinking Of You
Just now, Slayn said:

It shouldn't happen there either?? Just because it happens doesn't make it ok????

BAHAHA :bibliahh:

Go sit down somewhere. Seriously.

1 minute ago, Speezy said:

YES do you read books honey ? Screen plays chile... they use both the nword and fword.

please tell me you read books ?

As I said above, just because it happens doesn't it make it ok??? What is this logic?????

Just now, Slayn said:

As I said above, just because it happens doesn't it make it ok??? What is this logic?????

gworl why are you in here, to be offended?

8 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

There’s a difference between being homophobic and doing something homophobic. Using a gay slur is homophobic. 

Gorl what is this? Just because someone use the *** does not mean they’re homophobic. Furthermore, he’s telling a story in that song.

1 minute ago, Thinking Of You said:

BAHAHA :bibliahh:

Go sit down somewhere. Seriously.

Like... ok lmao

OT: Anyway, this album is not as good TPAB or GKMC, but better than Damn methinks, the production here is insane. 

Anyways SILENT HILL is a bawp

1 minute ago, Speezy said:

gworl why are you in here, to be offended?

To listen to and give reaction to one of the biggest releases of the year? Sorry I DID get offended, being a gay man like-- I didn't expect to be??

Silent Hill the tik tok hit

I am Black. If I say the word that starts with the letter C and rhymes with “think”, obviously that would be wrong but that doesn’t necessarily mean I’m racist to Asians? Personally, I don’t think a person using a racial/homophobic slur means they are automatically a racist or homophobe. We need to stop making everything about ourselves. Kendrick was not being homophobic in Aunties Diaries....

Thinking Of You
3 minutes ago, Slayn said:

Not you trying to rewrite and erase history now. “Let’s not show people how white people treated black people and still treat black people. Don’t let the screenwriters write the truth. It’s not OK for anyone to see how white people called black people the N-word.” Typical. 

1 minute ago, LookinAssHittas said:

Gorl what is this? Just because someone use the *** does not mean they’re homophobic. Furthermore, he’s telling a story in that song.

That’s literally what my post said :rip: you’re agreeing with me. I said that using a gay slur is a homophobic thing to thing to do, but that doesn’t make him a homophobic person necessarily, i.e. someone who dislikes gay people. 

I stand by the idea that it’s wrong. If Jack Harlow told a “story” in a song and dropped the N word seven times y’all would all be fuming, as you should be. 

But as I also said, it is what it is. I’m enjoying the album regardless, but I criticized a bad behavior and poor logic exercised in the last line of the song. 

Just now, HeavyMetalAura said:

That’s literally what my post said :rip: you’re agreeing with me. I said that using a gay slur is a homophobic thing to thing to do, but that doesn’t make him a homophobic person necessarily, i.e. someone who dislikes gay people. 

I stand by the idea that it’s wrong. If Jack Harlow told a “story” in a song and dropped the N word seven times y’all would all be fuming, as you should be. 

But as I also said, it is what it is. I’m enjoying the album regardless, but I criticized a bad behavior and poor logic exercised in the last line of the song. 

Oh ok, sorry sis :rip: I was confused by your post at first nnnnn

His worst album! His vocals are frequently quite bad and he repeatedly buries great beats in bad productions. It’s expansive and long and unfocused and has some trend-chasing moments. He has a lot of talent but this doesn’t showcase it well. He has two of the best albums of the decade but this just furthers the decline he started with DAMN. I am not surprised he was too scared to release this for five years!

Also Auntie Diaries is a mess and it goes beyond just making that word a refrain.

1 minute ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

PERIOD! In total agreement

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.