The Apple Thread: iPhone 15 Available Now!

Sergi91

how bad is the battery drainage on ios 16 beta?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

So Europe has officially announced that by fall 2024 all smartphones, tablets and cameras have to come with USB-C for charging (source). According to some rumors, chances are that we'll get an iPhone with that port in 2023, a year before the deadline.

I'm very very happy about that :party:

they aren’t **** for that introductionary price for the new Air

but I want it real bad 

5 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

So Europe has officially announced that by fall 2024 all smartphones, tablets and cameras have to come with USB-C for charging (source). According to some rumors, chances are that we'll get an iPhone with that port in 2023, a year before the deadline.

I'm very very happy about that :party:

:clap3:

finally. hate to bring an extra wire just for the lightning :biblio:

5 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

they aren’t **** for that introductionary price for the new Air

but I want it real bad 

it will be priced down just like before 

Apple always introduced much higher prices for a redesign

I regret getting a pro a while back. I love it, I do, (my first macbook!) but I feel like I didn't need it. I should have just gotten an Air! I bought my mom the air and it's so light. I don't even do anything crazy on my macbook so idk why I wanted to pro :deadbanana: 

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

I regret getting a pro a while back. I love it, I do, (my first macbook!) but I feel like I didn't need it. I should have just gotten an Air! I bought my mom the air and it's so light. I don't even do anything crazy on my macbook so idk why I wanted to pro :deadbanana: 

m1 air is already pro-level tho

you can still sell your pro and get the latest air 

3 hours ago, supertiffany said:

Wdym it’s pro level??

I think I am :weeps: I like my pro but I really don’t need a laptop with all these features

3 hours ago, supertiffany said:

Wdym it’s pro level??

I think I am :weeps: I like my pro but I really don’t need a laptop with all these features

5 hours ago, Cheers said:

Wdym it’s pro level??

the processor is already as fast as the professional windows laptops out there lol

• ATRL Moderator
19 hours ago, Cheers said:

Wdym it’s pro level??

The MacBook Air is overkill for the vast majority of people in terms of power. The (non-13 inch) MacBook Pros should not be purchased by anyone unless you know you need it. I only got the M1 Max because I need 64 GB of RAM. If you're a casual user, you basically have no reason to get the 14" and 16" MacBook unless you just want the screen.

15 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The MacBook Air is overkill for the vast majority of people in terms of power. The (non-13 inch) MacBook Pros should not be purchased by anyone unless you know you need it. I only got the M1 Max because I need 64 GB of RAM. If you're a casual user, you basically have no reason to get the 14" and 16" MacBook unless you just want the screen.

Why you need that much power? Do you video edit or something? 

I really want to upgrade but I will have to wait for this fall for the iPhone 15

Do we have any word on the new iPhone, any leaks? The design will be the make-or-break to keep my iPhone 12 mini or upgrade.

Is it worth buying iphone 13 now? Will it support ios16? Sorry i know little about apple universe. Should i wait for the new iphone?

13 hours ago, supertiffany said:

the processor is already as fast as the professional windows laptops out there lol

No it's not, the base M1 is a mid-range chip.  Sure, it's faster than it's Intel and AMD entry level to mid-range competition, but when you go into pro territory, Intel's latest top-tier CPU is actually faster than the M1 Max (but requires a significant increase in power to do so).

8 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Do we have any word on the new iPhone, any leaks? The design will be the make-or-break to keep my iPhone 12 mini or upgrade.

Yes, same design as the 13 and 13 Pro, but the Pro models will get a 48 MP camera and the notch is removed and replaced with a pill and circle shaped cut-out.  Only the Pro models will get the A16 processor, while the regular 14 models will get a slightly faster version of the existing A15.  Apparently the entire range will have ProMotion instead of just the Pro models.

3 minutes ago, GreatCoolBright said:

Is it worth buying iphone 13 now? Will it support ios16? Sorry i know little about apple universe. Should i wait for the new iphone?

If you desperately need a new phone now, then get it.  However, the 14 will be better.  Regardless, the 13 is getting iOS 16 and will probably get 4+ years of major software updates.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Queen. said:

Why you need that much power? Do you video edit or something? 

I’m a computer scientist, PhD and I do research with deep learning and work with a lot of big data. The models I work with are very RAM-heavy. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, GreatCoolBright said:

iPhones reliably get 5+ years of support. Yeah the iPhone 13 will be supported for a good while so if you get one you’ll be fine. 

my phone keeps asking me to get applecare+. should I? is it worth it?

I got my new Apple Watch S7 44mm from Costco :flower:

I got the new 14" MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and tbh it was too much power for me (I only watch lecture videos and do use MS Office lol) but I know I will be using the laptop for at least five years. My previous MacBook Pro was the 13" released in 2016 and still works perfectly fine (I sold it to my sister and she LOVES it - she uses it everyday lol).

I think the thing with getting the best specs possible is that at least its performance will not depreciate that much over time, just like my old MBP. Plus, it will support future MacOS versions in the future just fine.

I’ve had my 2018 MacBook Pro for 3 years and the battery is insane. It’s literally as good as it was the day I got it. Honestly the best laptop I’ve ever owned and I have an MSI gaming laptop that I gave £2500 for and it’s nowhere near as reliable and the battery lasts for like 2 hours. 

On 6/13/2022 at 11:18 AM, BtDecember said:

I got the new 14" MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and tbh it was too much power for me (I only watch lecture videos and do use MS Office lol) but I know I will be using the laptop for at least five years. My previous MacBook Pro was the 13" released in 2016 and still works perfectly fine (I sold it to my sister and she LOVES it - she uses it everyday lol).

I think the thing with getting the best specs possible is that at least its performance will not depreciate that much over time, just like my old MBP. Plus, it will support future MacOS versions in the future just fine.

getting the Air will last as long too

same way the 2015/2017 Air still is snappy for your usage of videos and office. 

10 hours ago, supertiffany said:

getting the Air will last as long too

same way the 2015/2017 Air still is snappy for your usage of videos and office. 

Apple did that :clap3:

My Surface Pro 6 is already laggy a year after I got it and now I barely use it. MacBooks could last up to over a decade which is insane while their counterparts are already in the landfill lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.