Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

I fear my miserable mood is about to ruin this season as I’ve been going through my season 1 rewatch and feeling absolutely nothing :gaycat7: Praying for some emotional gut punches like the first time I watched the show

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

the official playlist is out and the biggest gag is that apparently seven by Taylor Swift and Run Away With Me by Carly Rae Jepsen will be featured on the show amongst many other great songs + more Wolf Alice, beabadobee, Orla Gartland and more season 1 artists :heart2:

i thought this was coming out next week :jonny:

guess i’ll watch recap videos for the next hour

Can't wait to watch this in a few hours :WAP:

Edited by VeniceBeach

E1 is perfect, ugh I missed this show so much :jonny:

Trying to pace myself so I don't binge it all today already 

Queen Carly

king Alfie 

:jonny5:

i hope I can find a nice day to binge watch it

• ATRL Moderator

AHH!!! It's finally here :wanda:

I'm legitimately so nervous to watch, not because I'm worried it won't be amazing, I know it will be but there's a certain kind of sadness that hits me whenever I think of this show. I'm immensely happy that content like this exists, just makes me very emotional (probably more so than any other series that I can think of lately) 

2 episodes down and it’s still so good!

I can’t properly word the emotion this show makes me feel… It’s such a weird mix of nostalgia and sadness, but kinda hopeful too?

I'll see it all the same day on Saturday:campfire:

Edited by Nebur

Okay i could not help myself, i have binged it all. I absolutely loved episode 8. It gave me the same feels i had when i watched the last episode of season 1.

i do wish there were more intimate moments between Charlie and Nick in S2 though. I felt like i was bawling after every scene between them in S1, but i only got teary eyed this time.

Also Kit is so much more chiseled this season. I was shook multiple times when he was in a scene

I've watched 6 episodes and it's AMAZING

I binged the whole season as well and wow, what an incredible show - S2 definitely did not disappoint! :heart2:

More general thoughts, without any actual spoilers:

Spoiler

I think S2 is actually quite different from S1, but it still maintains the classic Heartstopper vibe. I think this season is much more action-packed and heavier in some ways, while S1 kind of had a more nostalgic, simple, slow, and very cute vibe. I think they're both incredible in their own ways. I think S2 is more exciting, more detailed, and just kind of a better show, while S1 just has that magic to it that is very special and unique. I think they complement one another well and serve something different, for different moods, and with different stories. 

I loved how much more we got to know about all the other characters - it kinda even made me want there to be even more. And all the locations, sets, plus all the important topics and nuances they got to tackle. Truly marvelous - 10/10, they did it again, and I hope the show continues to be successful! 

Thoughts with some spoilers:

Spoiler

Ugh, there were still so many incredibly powerful and emotional moments. All the stuff about Charlie's eating disorder, Darcy's home life, the other teacher talking about missing out on special gay experiences because he realized he was gay in his late 20s (:weeps:), the stuff with Nick's brother and dad, even Imogen's arc... Wow, they REALLY know how to do it. So many relatable, complex, and not often discussed topics! This show is truly groundbreaking! 

Well, guess I'm gonna be in my feelings again for the next week, but whatever, it was worth it - this show is truly INCOMPARABLE :heart2: 

Hope everyone enjoys S2 and of course, if anyone needs to talk about anything, show or not, my DMs are open :hug: I was kinda going through it after watching S1, but I got amazing help from people in this thread, so I hope everyone knows that they're not alone in how the show might make them feel!

• Like 1

Tao is such a visual with short hair wow. He looks straight out of a Thai BL.

I just found out that my grandad has died, so I'm binging this today to help distract. I've cried like 4 times already and I'm on episode 6. :weeps: Mr Farouk's line by the vending machine had me BAWLING wtf. This show is such a beautiful balance of emotions. I love it so much.

• Like 5

I haven’t seen S2 yet but I’m just SO grateful and happy that content like this exists now on such a big mainstream level

As someone growing up queer in the 2000s I can’t imagine what it would’ve done for me or what growing up with stuff like this is doing for queer youth now, onwards and upwards :heart2:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lovett said:

I just found out that my grandad has died, so I'm binging this today to help distract. I've cried like 4 times already and I'm on episode 6. :weeps: Mr Farouk's line by the vending machine had me BAWLING wtf. This show is such a beautiful balance of emotions. I love it so much.

Aww. My condolences to you! But great if the show is helping you a bit. London must be buzzing about this new season. It's just beautiful to have something LGBTQ+ related being mainstream.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.