Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

I adored S2. Binged it today and really wish there was more to watch. This show deserves to be longer than a few episodes per season that are only 30-40 minutes. I would kill for a deeper dive into every character, every storyline, etc. :chick3:

I need Mr. Farouk SO BAD. :WAP:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

Just finished watching this and now I'm feeling empty again
atrl.gif

so is season 3 out next week or...?

atrl.gif

Kit is so amazing on this role :clap3: 

Honestly season 1 didn't too too much for me but I skipped through this season and enjoyed it a lot. Not strange to see that Joe Locke was picked up quick by marvel, he's a really great actor. 

i have two episodes left and this season is definitely just as good, if not even better, than the first. Alice is SUCH a talented writer, the way they manage to translate the comic book to a screenplay is amazing. the actors are all top form, the directing, set and costume design is just as stunning as the first season and the character development and story arcs are really beautiful. the way this show deals with very complex emotional themes through a teenage angsty lens is so well done. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

can yall use spoilers???

As far as I know, once a season is out, you can post spoilers but k. 

3 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

As far as I know, once a season is out, you can post spoilers but k. 

No you cant:

Netflix: one month after the season has been released.

This season was missing a little bit of the magic that made s1 cute but it was still good. My opinion could be skewed because I watched with my boyfriend and he was not into it. Some of the secondary characters are a bit unwatchable

I'm curious as to what people think 

Spoiler

About the chemistry between Charlie + Ben
and Nick + Ben

It's great that Charlie seems to have gained self esteem over night but it seemed so unrealistic like the tension and on screen chemistry between the above pairings were so palpable and at times the chemistry between Nick + Charlie felt flat in comparison.

Edited by emile20

I’m gonna watch this during the weekend :WAP: 

anddd can someone answer if this season cover books 3 and 4 completely? :fish:

• ATRL Moderator

I watched the first episode of season 2 yesterday and immediately had to fight every desire to keep going. Watching this show is such a dichotomous experience. It's both comforting/healing and devastating (but in the best way.) So much love for the whole cast, crew, and Alice for bringing something so beautiful to life. 

• Like 2

I watched 5 episodes last night and this was incredible. Definitely on par with S1 so far. I love everything about it. 

Mr Farouk though :cupid:

Edited by State of Grace.

6 hours ago, emile20 said:

I'm curious as to what people think 

Hide contents

About the chemistry between Charlie + Ben
and Nick + Ben

It's great that Charlie seems to have gained self esteem over night but it seemed so unrealistic like the tension and on screen chemistry between the above pairings were so palpable and at times the chemistry between Nick + Charlie felt flat in comparison.

Well...Joe and Sebastian (Charlie and Ben) are really good friends (:lakitu:) so it impacts the chemistry on screen between them. 

Edited by Nicholai

Nick is an amazing character tbh, too good to be true.:dancehall2:

Edited by clee95

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Mr Farouk though :cupid:

WHEW :jonny4:

Not really sharing the love for the second season. Season 1 worked extremely well as a bordering on fantasy tale of young queer love, but the extra time with these characters has just made me realise how flimsy they are. The biggest problem is the dialogue which is just not open to much more than teenage awkwardness. It says a lot about how good an actress Olivia Coleman is when she is given so little yet is one of the  most believable persons there.

The characters seem to me almost a checklist where each one represents something rather than they are a person. The worst offender of this is Isaac, but they all suffer from it. I think it becomes extra clear here because they're actually delving into uncomfortable topics that hit home for a lot of us, yet what is shown is so unsatisfactory. Also, I know this is about teenagers, but they're all so sexless and it's just so odd to me given the hormones and feelings at that age. It does not need to happen or be shown, but at the same time the utopia heartstopper represents seems weirdly passionless. 

Idk, I was wondering why this season left me so cold and it's probably that of all the characters, i was actually connecting most with Ben. He seemed like a lived person with an actual worthwile development.

Anyway, forgive my jaded heart! I love that a show like this exists, but maybe it's no longer for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Haze said:

Not really sharing the love for the second season. Season 1 worked extremely well as a bordering on fantasy tale of young queer love, but the extra time with these characters has just made me realise how flimsy they are. The biggest problem is the dialogue which is just not open to much more than teenage awkwardness. It says a lot about how good an actress Olivia Coleman is when she is given so little yet is one of the  most believable persons there.

Hide contents

The characters seem to me almost a checklist where each one represents something rather than they are a person. The worst offender of this is Isaac, but they all suffer from it. I think it becomes extra clear here because they're actually delving into uncomfortable topics that hit home for a lot of us, yet what is shown is so unsatisfactory. Also, I know this is about teenagers, but they're all so sexless and it's just so odd to me given the hormones and feelings at that age. It does not need to happen or be shown, but at the same time the utopia heartstopper represents seems weirdly passionless. 

Idk, I was wondering why this season left me so cold and it's probably that of all the characters, i was actually connecting most with Ben. He seemed like a lived person with an actual worthwile development.

Anyway, forgive my jaded heart! I love that a show like this exists, but maybe it's no longer for me.

This is part of the reason why Heartstopper is so beloved though.

Spoiler

It's not all about sex like most queer content is. It's about young love and now we're seeing that love weathering personal troubles. Also, we saw Nick and Charlie kissing a lot this season. Plus a moment when they were on the verge of going further. The first season was far more 'sexless' than season two has been.

literally wtf is wrong with not seeing 15 year olds having sex... y'all are WEIRD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I really really REALLY wanted to enjoy this season. I loved Season One so much!

Unfortunately I felt that they lost a bit of the focus and plot this time around. The web comic format for the source material might be more fitting for something like this. I thought the first season was a lot more subtle and everything was handled a lot more delicately, here it is quite wobbly. Season One felt like a movie split into several episodes, this one feels more like a soap opera.

A lot of the new characters have cardboard levels of depth.I also felt that they overdid the Isaac bookworm thing, there is literally not a single scene where he is not seen holding a book. It is a bit too much. It seemed like they wanted to take everything that worked and kick it up a notch but I think they went too far, the animations were a bit much as well. I found myself struggling to watch each new episode.

Regardless I am so happy that a lot of people seem to be enjoying this! Really wonder how they will adapt Season Three!

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

As I explicitely said in my comment, I had no desire to see anything, it is just symptomatic of how these characters don't feel /real/. And I agree the first season didn't have any of that either, and I adored it! But it worked because it was a fantasy of first feelings, a sort of queer utopia of first love, this season is very conscious of showing cracks in that utopia, and as a result the less than realistic parts stick out. What teenagers have you met that jump on beds?

I shared some honest thoughts of why the characters didn't work for me this season: to boil it down to 'there's no sex' is just bad reading comprehension on your part. But yes, i stand by the fact that it's very passionless which does not need to be expressed in sex acts ffs.

(Also, besides the point, but the actors are all of age -- there's just nothing weird about it for people who do miss that aspect)

And as I said before, i'm happy a show like this exists. Just expressing myself why this season left me a bit cold overall.

• Like 1

I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but I will say that even when the script lets them down a bit...Kit and Joe always make it work. They have insane chemistry, legitimately some of the best I've seen between two actors (and I watch a metric s***ton of tv). Casting absolutely knocked it out of the park with those two.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lille said:

I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but I will say that even when the script lets them down a bit...Kit and Joe always make it work. They have insane chemistry, legitimately some of the best I've seen between two actors (and I watch a metric s***ton of tv). Casting absolutely knocked it out of the park with those two.

not just that (and yes, both of them are able to lift up the most cheesiest of lines) but especially this season it hit me just HOW much they look like their comic counterparts. it’s like Alice drew them with them in mind. the casting in this show is perfection. 

i loved that Tori had more scenes this season, she is so compelling as someone who has a defensive older sister lmao. 

• ATRL Moderator

Binged this season last night. Loved it all. I think it’s less complete than season 1. But it was made knowing that there’s going to be a season 3 and I think they did a good job keeping the positive, wholesome feel of the show while going into more troubled waters. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.