Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

6 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Aww. My condolences to you! But great if the show is helping you a bit. London must be buzzing about this new season. It's just beautiful to have something LGBTQ+ related being mainstream.

Thank you. :heart2: I really hope this season is as big as the first! I'm enjoying it just as much and I'm loving seeing the 'side' characters get more screen time and watch their stories develop. It's beautiful.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

18 minutes ago, Cain said:

I haven’t seen S2 yet but I’m just SO grateful and happy that content like this exists now on such a big mainstream level

As someone growing up queer in the 2000s I can’t imagine what it would’ve done for me or what growing up with stuff like this is doing for queer youth now, onwards and upwards :heart2:

This, so much! I can only imagine what it's like to be 18 now experiencing this. But in a way it's beautiful that we have seen how much things have changed over the past 10 years or so. And I like that it's mostly about the romance and emotions, rather than something instantly sexual like many other gay representations have been in the past.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

This, so much! I can only imagine what it's like to be 18 now experiencing this. But in a way it's beautiful that we have seen how much things have changed over the past 10 years or so. And I like that it's mostly about the romance and emotions, rather than something instantly sexual like many other gay representations have been in the past.

:clap3:

Getting on this ASAP. Isn't it out worldwide now?

Starting S2 now. On one hand, I wanna take my time with it but I also wanna binge it to avoid spoilers :jonny5:

36 minutes ago, Lovett said:

I just found out that my grandad has died, so I'm binging this today to help distract. I've cried like 4 times already and I'm on episode 6. :weeps: Mr Farouk's line by the vending machine had me BAWLING wtf. This show is such a beautiful balance of emotions. I love it so much.

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and the family :hug:

1 minute ago, Avariko said:

:clap3:

Getting on this ASAP. Isn't it out worldwide now?

Oh yeah!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and the family :hug:

Thank you so much. :hug:

59 minutes ago, Lovett said:

I just found out that my grandad has died, so I'm binging this today to help distract. I've cried like 4 times already and I'm on episode 6. :weeps: Mr Farouk's line by the vending machine had me BAWLING wtf. This show is such a beautiful balance of emotions. I love it so much.

So sorry for your loss.

1 minute ago, mystery said:

So sorry for your loss.

Thanks, sis. :hug: It's been a mental day. So glad I have this show helping me through and the kindness of you all.

I have one question for the people that have watched already!

Spoiler

Does this season deal with Charlie’s eating disorder, like in the comic? I’m assuming it will but the trailer didn’t give anything away about it so I’m wondering. Thanks! 

48 minutes ago, fountain said:

I have one question for the people that have watched already!

Reveal hidden contents

Does this season deal with Charlie’s eating disorder, like in the comic? I’m assuming it will but the trailer didn’t give anything away about it so I’m wondering. Thanks! 

Spoiler

yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyride said:

MY BOY ALFIE IS ON THE SOUNDTRACK

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT TIMES LIKE THESE

iktrrr, one of his best songs too

2 hours ago, Lovett said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, condolences. Sending you love! :cries::heart2:

10 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, condolences. Sending you love! :cries::heart2:

Thank you! :hug:

That was amazing :WAP:

Seven coming in like that whew my emotions :weeps:

This show is supposed to be light and cute but this season wrecked me again. :redface: Like, I can’t deal with the emptiness that comes with finishing a season. :rip: I need this in my life continuously.

I liked this season, although it was way sadder than the first one, especially on the last 3 episodes :jonnycat:

I wish I was a teen again and live a teen love like that one, it's so pure and magical :heart2:

4 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Well hello, let's celebrate that 

@original_lifeline @lillavend3r

Maybe i should watch after all :duck:

Just finished it... my god I think I liked it even more that season 1. What a show.

Think I’m going to try and do 1 episode a day, not sure if I will stick to it but I really really don’t want to binge it this time…after going through my rewatch and watching episode one I have to say it; this might get me dragged but It’s so interesting to me how the show that is supposedly too “clean and innocent” manages to sell physical intimacy better then 95% of the gay couples in both teen AND adult queer media :clap3:

EP 1 stuff ( it’s a lot of thoughts so feel free to ignore :dies:)

Spoiler

Well looks like we are staying on theme with Taos angsty personality because the way he reacted to Nick was :skull: The way Imogen’s actress delivers lines genuinely has me creasing like it’s so unintentionally funny I love her. Sort of mad that to keep her around this season she has to be connected to Ben in some way :biblio: Really not happy with them keeping Ben around tbh like one episode in and I already feel like he’s overstayed his welcome on the show, genuinely feels like a case of Alice having to come up with a drama plot to keep him around because the cast grew too attached to him and wanted him to still be involved :michael: Was not expecting Charlie’s parents to react like that omg the way they made it weird instantly… also omg Jenny Walser said yes you are going to see me for 5 seconds at a time but I’m going to absolutely sell it because the emotion in Tori’s eyes when she was looking at Charlie at the end of the episode :cries: Fearing for my life that the spoiler I posted in the other page is going to end up being true because Charlie’s monologue at the end of the episode was definitely giving “I’m getting the supportive boyfriend arc this season”. Nick already felt like the standout role as you progressed through season 1 so I hope they don’t do that again and shift the focus more back on Charlie instead.

Just finished it. And just like last season, I'm now a totally different person and more obsessed than ever with eveything this show has been building. 

Like others have been saying, being inside the world of Heartstopper feels bittersweet, sad, and nostalgic. But obviously that's just one of the many sides of the series. Clearly you always end up feeling hopeful and full of a precious, lovely energy. 

I'm gonna be honest and say that I don't like when Heartstopper is extra preachy and too PSA'd. I get it's part of its charm and it's intented for its teen audience, but it doesn't feel "real" because sometimes those characters talk and think like they're 35 years old with an entire life of experiences behind them. Having said that, I like how that sort of "emotionally perfect" world is crashing down more and more. Sounds harsh to say that, but from a narrative perspective, I think it's smart how Alice Oseman (the creator) is telling us that this perfect, sweet world is just a teenage fantasy (for the most part, at least) and we need to enjoy it while it lasts. 

I've read the comics and I know this series gets darker and darker, so even though I'm not into that preachy stuff that much, I feel happy because it exists. 

Every storyline was so beautifully crafted and so, so monumental. From Isaac to Elle to Imogen (yassquenokurr) to Tao to Tara and Darcy, there's a sense of care that you don't get anywhere else. 

And of course our precious boys broke our hearts once again. Kit and Joe just knocked it out of the park and that last scene was worthy of so many awards. 

What a great piece of television. :heart:

Edited by Blade Runner

The Paris trip and that budget, honey. You could feel and breathe that freaking city, mygawd. :jonny5:

Spoiler

I wanna know what you guys think about the rest of background characters. It feels intentional to portray the other side of the school like "normal", dumb teenagers who are more like the ones we see everyday instead of these emotionally mature Heartstopper type of people. Like that forest party in episode 3 felt so "out of place" because it's something more Euphoria or Skins or whatever than this, lol. It was nice to see that. 

Oh, and Ben. So many things to say about him, but I'll wait lol

PS. One of the best parts of this show is the production value. Like I can't imagine the amount of endless thought behind EVERY scene. You can literally see how the clothes, the lights (!!!), the makeup and even the walls always match perfectly. Outstanding. 

F2lvf2rXAAAfAcz?format=png&name=small

Like look at that composition. Eveything is blue and it's so freaking beautiful. 

Edited by Blade Runner

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.