• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

17 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

This would end up at #2 AT LEAST without Covid ruining its run in China and no Russia release + Ukraine. 

The first Avatar :

Russia: $116M

Ukraine: 8.1M

China had projections close to $600M before the recent Covid outbreak. It will surpass $200M in the end...

That's at least around $530M on the table that the movie isn't doing from these 3 territories :rip:

This is honestly insane...and the funniest part is, this movie is coming out after over a decade before the previous one and has a Cinemascore of A and the next sequels will take much less to be released since the 3rd one is filmed and part of the 4th one as well :deadbanana2:

This could potentially be the least grossing Avatar movie of them all, lmao. Next time China won't be dealing with the same stuff it is right now, let's not forget that.

The way all the "forgotten!" "Pocahontas!" "no cultural impact!" people are completely MUTE now :) 

3rd watch and the end made me cry

Didn't happen with the first or second time I watched it. Lol

2 minutes ago, Madonno said:

3rd watch and the end made me cry

Didn't happen with the first or second time I watched it. Lol

Watch it 2 more times for healing 

2billion before January ends? :dancehall:

I knew this would smash lol. The people saying the world forgot about Avatar are the same people who said the world forgot about Adele before she released Hello.

I'm finally seeing it this week

probably subjective but is Dolby Cinema 3D the best way the watch this movie? or IMAX? and in 3D or non-3D?

6 hours ago, Reb'l Rêveur said:

2billion before January ends? :dancehall:

Yes definitely. I think it is pacing for 2b around 20 - 25th. 

The third movie will be pure profit only :toofunny3:

13 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Hope it beats that gun movie in the us

Top Gun remains superior. 

9 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

This would end up at #2 AT LEAST without Covid ruining its run in China and no Russia release + Ukraine

The first Avatar :

Russia: $116M

Ukraine: 8.1M

China had projections close to $600M before the recent Covid outbreak. It will surpass $200M in the end...

That's at least around $530M on the table that the movie isn't doing from these 3 territories :rip:

This is honestly insane...and the funniest part is, this movie is coming out after over a decade before the previous one and has a Cinemascore of A and the next sequels will take much less to be released since the 3rd one is filmed and part of the 4th one as well :deadbanana2:

This could potentially be the least grossing Avatar movie of them all, lmao. Next time China won't be dealing with the same stuff it is right now, let's not forget that.

The movie is widely available in Ukraine. 

Highest grossing films of the decade:

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home - 1.916b
2. Avatar: The Way of Water - 1.708b 
3. Top Gun: Maverick - 1.488b
4. Jurassic World: Dominion - 1.003b 
5. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 956m 
6. Minions: The Rise of Gru - 938m
7. The Battle at Lake Changjin - 911m
8. Hi, Mom - 841m 
9. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 827m 
10. No Time to Die - 774m 

*green films currently have active theatrical runs

A classic franchise is born.

spacer.png

Some updates to numbers. OS up to $1195M and domestic Sunday up to $13.5M for a $45.8M weekend. $1.712B total, +3M increase 

Holidays are over, so don't be surprised at big drops in markets. But Avatar should still continue to pull in big business. With MLK holiday wknd next week,I'm currently seeing a $33-36M 5th weekend and a $42-45M 4-day weekend. $570-580M domestic by next week Monday. 

OS was massive Fourth weekend thanks to some European holidays and big holds plus South American increases. Holidays done so there will be a drop but I think it will still hold well. Look for another $35-40M weekdays plus a $75-90M 5th weekend for $1.31-1.33B OS by Sunday. 

$1.9B by this coming Sunday/Monday. :jonny5:

Edited by BNF91

1 hour ago, tootight49 said:

$6.5M DOM possible Monday?

Off a $13.5M Sunday, I'd expect a $4-5M Monday. Which would be great. Big Tuesday bumps would mean a potential $6M Tuesday. Right on track for a $33-35M 3-day and $40M+ 4-day 5th weekend. 

NFL games will affect Sunday/Monday number for a couple weeks until the Superbowl. But Avatar will be big enough regardless. Tuesdays and Saturdays will be huge for it every week. 

Edited by BNF91

10 hours ago, shookgrande said:

I'm finally seeing it this week

probably subjective but is Dolby Cinema 3D the best way the watch this movie? or IMAX? and in 3D or non-3D?

Go for IMAX honey. It will be a true experience. 

3 hours ago, Brishka said:

The movie is widely available in Ukraine. 

Ah yes i'm sure 2022 and 2023 Ukraine's box office must be amazing. I can't even find the movie's BO from there...

Okay so I just finished watching this on IMAX. Lemme just say that my theater was PACKED, only the front seats were available.

I like this one better than Avatar 1. Story wise, nothing special but the visuals were so gorgeous especially the underwater scenes, it's such an immersive experience. Kudos to you JC.

4 hours ago, mystery said:

Highest grossing films of the decade:

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home - 1.916b
2. Avatar: The Way of Water - 1.708b 
3. Top Gun: Maverick - 1.488b
4. Jurassic World: Dominion - 1.003b 
5. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 956m 
6. Minions: The Rise of Gru - 938m
7. The Battle at Lake Changjin - 911m
8. Hi, Mom - 841m 
9. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 827m 
10. No Time to Die - 774m 

*green films currently have active theatrical runs

Still cant believe that medicore Spider Man movie gross that much. Tragic. 

Glad that TWOW coming to snatch.

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Ah yes i'm sure 2022 and 2023 Ukraine's box office must be amazing. I can't even find the movie's BO from there...

I simply pointed out your mistake. I literally watched the movie yesterday. The movie is available in virtually every theater (although fewer people show up to the movies due to constant air alerts).    

Edited by Brishka

10 minutes ago, Brishka said:

I simply pointed out your mistake. I literally watched the movie yesterday. The movie is available in virtually every theater (although fewer people show up to the movies due to constant air alerts).    

Oh i didn't know you were from Ukraine, sorry! :heart2:

I saw this yesterday in IMAX 3D and it might of been the best cinema experience I've had in my life!

On 1/8/2023 at 7:13 AM, mystery said:

It appears it is pacing for a 2.05b to 2.2b finish. 

1. Avatar - 1.922b
2. Avengers: Endgame - 2.797b
3. Titanic - 2.187b
4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 2.068b 
5. Avengers: Infinity War - 2.048b

6. Spider-Man: No Way Home - 1.916b 
7. Jurassic World - 1.671b
8. The Lion King - 1.656b
9. (+1) Avatar: The Way of Water - 1.558b 
10. The Avengers - 1.518b

Titanic is such a beast for being the only 20th century film, back when ticket prices were much cheaper, to compete with modern day films. A cultural event!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.