• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

The way Spider gets tossed and mushed around by the Avatars :mandown:

Just watched it today. So cool, beautiful, and emotional. James Cameron knows how to do his sh+t. 

Edited by Blade Runner

what happened to the daily box office updates? Is this flopping already?  :sad:

40 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

what happened to the daily box office updates? Is this flopping already?  :sad:

The updates have been very late the last few days so by that time everyone is already inactive. We also haven't received any international numbers for Wednesday and Thursday so there is nothing really to comment on.

Avatar 2 was pretty good! Glad its doing well

No OS updates for the past two days. Very bizarre. Gonna guess like a $12.5M Wednesday and $13M Thursday OS. Still extremely strong and heading towards $80-95M 5th weekend. Domestic still feeling that post-holiday decline. Nothing alarming, Avatar 2 levelled off so incredibly that a bit of falloff this week doesn't affect the final trajectory ($650-700M). $2.97M 4th Thursday, 1.4x bigger than NWH's Thursday. Clearing No Way Home everyday still. 

Very early Fri domestic looking like $7M. Likely to increase and should be good for a $30M+ 5th weekend, the 2nd biggest ever (behind the good sis Avatar). Saturday will see big jumps (+80-100% or more) and Sunday will drop lightly (-15 to 25%) thanks to the holiday Monday. I'm still optimistic for a $32M+ 3-day and $40M 4-day weekend.

$1.89-1.91B still expected by Sunday. 

Edited by BNF91

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

No OS updates for the past two days. Very bizarre. Gonna guess like a $12.5M Wednesday and $13M Thursday OS. Still extremely strong and heading towards $80-95M 5th weekend. Domestic still feeling that post-holiday decline. Nothing alarming, Avatar 2 levelled off so incredibly that a bit of falloff this week doesn't affect the final trajectory ($650-700M). $2.97M 4th Thursday, 1.4x bigger than NWH's Thursday. Clearing No Way Home everyday still. 

Very early Fri domestic looking like $7M. Likely to increase and should be good for a $30M+ 5th weekend, the 2nd biggest ever (behind the good sis Avatar). Saturday will see big jumps (+80-100% or more) and Sunday will drop lightly (-15 to 25%) thanks to the holiday Monday. I'm still optimistic for a $32M+ 3-day and $40M 4-day weekend.

$1.89-1.91B still expected by Sunday. 

Users on other forums dedicated to box office are panicking about the US weekday updates but I don't really get why, it is still doing better than No Way Home and The Force Awakens and like you said very much on track for 650 - 700m, as long as it continues clearing No Way Home it can definitely hit 700m. Though surpassing Top Gun domestically will be a big ask. 

I agree with your projections, we haven't gotten full international numbers but there has been some reporting from individual markets and it seems like it is holding very strong. I have a good feeling about its numbers this weekend internationally. It is probably already over 1.8b.

10 hours ago, mystery said:

Users on other forums dedicated to box office are panicking about the US weekday updates but I don't really get why, it is still doing better than No Way Home and The Force Awakens and like you said very much on track for 650 - 700m, as long as it continues clearing No Way Home it can definitely hit 700m. Though surpassing Top Gun domestically will be a big ask. 

I agree with your projections, we haven't gotten full international numbers but there has been some reporting from individual markets and it seems like it is holding very strong. I have a good feeling about its numbers this weekend internationally. It is probably already over 1.8b.

Yeah I saw some of those forums and they really are too reactionary. It makes me wonder if they are knowledgeable of the different seasonal patterns. Canada was boosting last week's numbers (we were all still off, schools didn't go back until this Monday) and this is the same pattern as January 2017 when Rogue One was in theatres. There were still hefty week to week drops in the 2nd week of January. Besides that Avatar's Fri jump is much better than the usual jump on this same weekend in 2017. It's gonna be a weekend film from now on. Many people can't take 4+ hrs out of their weekday to go see a movie. 

Really crazy how we still haven't got OS update. Guess it'll come tomorrow as the end of weekend update. Makes tracking and guessing much harder though without those daily updates. 

Edited by BNF91

Soooo….

Spoiler

What are your thoughts on the rumor? confirmation? that Avatar 5 will visit planet Earth to open the eyes of characters like Neytiri? I trust JC, but it sounds a bit like a jump the shark moment. 

31 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Soooo….

Hide contents

What are your thoughts on the rumor? confirmation? that Avatar 5 will visit planet Earth to open the eyes of characters like Neytiri? I trust JC, but it sounds a bit like a jump the shark moment. 

Well it would be interesting to see that experience of earth seeing giant blue people 

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Soooo….

Hide contents

If that’s true then, collapse :wanda:

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Soooo….

Hide contents

Aren't the next movies supposed to be about Jake and Neytiri's entire family? Like, they're gonna be dead by 5 and it'll tell stories about future generations. 

Early domestic Saturday numbers coming in hot...

A big +96% increase to $13.75M.. with hints of perhaps even $14M+ :clap3:

This locks $30M and likely the 2nd biggest 5th weekend of all time, as Sunday will drop less than normal thanks to the holiday Monday. 

I'm seeing this for the weekend 

$7.3M Fri/$13.9M Sat/$11.1M Sun/$8.8M Mon- $32.3M 3-day (-29%) and $41.1M 4-day (-11%). $570-574M domestic by Monday. 

Edited by BNF91

47 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Hide contents

Aren't the next movies supposed to be about Jake and Neytiri's entire family? Like, they're gonna be dead by 5 and it'll tell stories about future generations. 

Spoiler

I don’t think we are going to go that far into the future. The kids are still going to be the same age for 3 and the start of 4 since that’s all been filmed, then I’m guessing there will be a time jump, but I’m not sure if it’ll be decades. 

12 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think we are going to go that far into the future. The kids are still going to be the same age for 3 and the start of 4 since that’s all been filmed, then I’m guessing there will be a time jump, but I’m not sure if it’ll be decades. 

"James Cameron refers to his Avatar series as one, long family drama." https://screenrant.com/james-cameron-avatar-family-saga/ 

I truly think he's going to tell the entire story of Jake and Neytiri's children and grandchildren. They'll probably be gone by Avatar 4. It could be an interesting idea, but eh, I guess we'll have to wait. 

4 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Hide contents

"James Cameron refers to his Avatar series as one, long family drama." https://screenrant.com/james-cameron-avatar-family-saga/ 

I truly think he's going to tell the entire story of Jake and Neytiri's children and grandchildren. They'll probably be gone by Avatar 4. It could be an interesting idea, but eh, I guess we'll have to wait. 

He also said that Jake Sully will be present in all 5 movies so…

This movie felt like a picture book instead of a story. All style, very little substance. The character development was so lazy. The visuals were incredible but I guess these films were made to be digested for a general audience, hence a simple/recycled plot. 

Is this already at 3 billion ? :giraffe:

4 hours ago, dussymob said:

He also said that Jake Sully will be present in all 5 movies so…

Present doesn't mean alive. 

spacer.png

Edited by Arcadius

$31.5M Domestic(#2 biggest 5th weekend ever)/$88M Overseas 

Global total at $1.894B after Sunday. So so close to passing $1.9B. No Way Home to be surpassed on Tuesday. $2B+ by end of next weekend!

Edited by BNF91

5 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

$31.5M Domestic/$88M Overseas 

Global total at $1.894B after Sunday. So so close to passing $1.9B. No Way Home to be surpassed on Tuesday. $2B+ by end of next weekend!

How long did it take No Way Home to hit $1.9B?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.