Argentina WIN | 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar ??

LookinAssHittas

Well... just as I thought.... TRASH!

USA better win Iran while Wales must lose or draw Iran

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Bloodflowers.

• Cloudy

• Spice

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Well... just as I thought.... TRASH!

USA better win Iran while Wales must lose or draw Iran

we need to run up da score on Iran just like England did to have any chance

that was a fair result, both teams were kind of mid :rip:

I guess England will easily win this group and second place will go to whoever loses to England the least badly/has the best result against Iran (unless Iran turns it around).

Let's predict how much will Argentina snatch up goals against Saudi Arabia tomorrow, will they beat England vs Iran in that regard? :fan:

i am kinda sorta rooting for Australia, they are gonna lose for sure but I luv a good underdog story

Mexico vs Poland shall be a great game!

Wales :party: 

Daddy Bale always wins. :party:

I’m rooting for Saudi Arabia, México, France and Tunisia :party:

13 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Let's predict how much will Argentina snatch up goals against Saudi Arabia tomorrow, will they beat England vs Iran in that regard? :fan:

i am kinda sorta rooting for Australia, they are gonna lose for sure but I luv a good underdog story

Mexico vs Poland shall be a great game!

Hmmm I'm going with Argentina 3 Saudi Arabia 0 but if Saudi Arabia completely fall apart the way Iran and Qatar did, the result could be even worse because Argentina have been so good recently.

France and Australia will be interesting because France are clearly better but they also have lost half of their team to injury so maybe Australia have a chance after all

And cheering for Mexico and Tunisia :turkey:

6 hours ago, kandicha said:

huh? i was just making a throwaway comparison between the England team who was being threatened with a yellow card and the Iran team who is being threatened with jail time. :rip: 

but as someone who keeps up with football, i saw how few current English players (other than Marcus Rashford off the top of my head but there might be a few others I'm forgetting) have been supportive or stated they would support a gay teammate when the topic of homophobia in football has come up previously. a few others on other national teams as well, but not many. and there was no one threatening them to not speak up back then when they were still in Europe. i never expected them to do anything in Qatar, but I will not be praising anyone except for Rashford and anyone else who has consistently spoken up.

anyway i don't really want to get in a back and forth about this, I am bi from a Muslim family and grew up in an Arab country myself and i personally don't think these actions are even helping, in fact there have been incidents in which Western countries bringing rainbow flags to my country immediately led to a government crackdown not on the Westerners who brought the rainbow flags but on random gay people from my country, but this isn't the right forum to discuss this.

OT: netherlands pulled through. poor senegal :(

this happening makes sense unfortunately. do you have a source for any of these occurrences by chance? I'd like to read more about this perspective.

6 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

this happening makes sense unfortunately. do you have a source for any of these occurrences by chance? I'd like to read more about this perspective.

Sure. I’m originally from Indonesia (I’ve lived in the Middle East too though so I know a bit about the situation there as well) and I was thinking specifically of this past summer when a famous podcast decided to interview a gay couple, leading to backlash, and then the British embassy decided to raise a rainbow flag, leading to even more backlash, and then the government started to push even more laws against the LGBT community. From a personal perspective, I had friends who at least kept quiet about their homophobic beliefs before the controversy and left gay people alone, but who suddenly started being more open about those views. A lot of LGBT activists in Indonesia thought that that podcast/the British embassy’s intentions were good but that by bringing more attention to the matter they inadvertently made things worse for the community.

https://amp.dw.com/en/indonesia-lgbtq-fears-crackdown-under-legal-reforms/a-62010297

Indonesia in my opinion though still tends to be more open-minded than most of Arab countries like Qatar where the situation is even worse. To that end, I was also thinking of an incident in which an Egyptian activist waving a rainbow flag at a concert there that led to a huge police crackdown on the LGBT community and many arrests.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/5050/two-years-after-egypts-rainbow-flag-arrests-lgbtiq-people-face-an-ongoing-security-crackdown/

I think the people who want to bring rainbow flags to Qatar are well-meaning but I just worry it will lead to a government crackdown on the Qatari LGBT community. Because what always happens is the rainbow flags anger the homophobes in the country (so the majority of the population) and the government has to look like they’re “doing something” so they crack down on their own citizens. It’s a tough situation for sure, especially in Muslim countries they’re less likely to want to do something if the West is pushing it so the change has to come from within.

Wow, my hopes of seeing Messi winning the Cup are kinda over after seeing this  :noparty:

Saudi Arabia winning: 1-2 :deadbanana2:

And the way they eliminated that Lautaro goal for offside by an arm in the first half  :rip:

Saudi Arabia celebrating as if the won the Cup when the ones celebrating more are probably Mexico and Poland :skull: Poland or Mexico could end first of the group  :omg:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.