Anime/Manga

Kisuke

6 hours ago, katara said:

Yeah the whole "conflict" is dumb af. The plot sucks a*s. At least it's serving great fights, beautiful fights. A Demon Slayer tea.

Tea. I feel like season 1 was progressively more interesting and this season is just like, fights in the city. Maybe it’s diminished by just how hyped it is everywhere but like, I don’t even feel like the stakes are high watching it…like, they’re gunna fight then move on to the next so…ok I get the point! 

my crunchy roll trial ends on Sunday so I don’t think I’m going to pay for it to see the rest of the season :bibliahh:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• illia

• Chiidish

• Lee!!

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, EndofASadMovie said:

One Piece on the other hand is still going strong ( probably more popular?) and the legacy also remains INTACT. The live action was also really popular. Good for the fans tbh.

I feel like Film Red + Ado collaboration along with the amazing animation during Wano arc that went viral all the time gave second wind to the series. And the live action made it 10x stronger

Edited by Flomik
  • Like 1

Reading yu yu Hakusho  with the live coming. The early volumes I prefer before it goes full battle manga. Also there's no killua level character 

34 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I feel like Film Red + Ado collaboration along with the amazing animation during Wano arc that went viral all the time gave second wind to the series. And the live action made it 10x stronger

Yes, it's really amazing how it gained lots of new fans, newfound attention and acclaim while still keeping old fans. I haven't been paying attention ( tho I know ado is really popular )  but I totally could feel the shift in perception and popularity. I was like  where and when did the sudden hype for one piece come from? I agree that they also made the most out of the goodwill with that live action movie which I actually checked out because the actors were really good at promoting. 

Edited by EndofASadMovie

8 hours ago, Rence said:

I don’t want to judge the Shibuya Incident arc until it has ended (I already know what happens to my favorite characters) but so far I can say that it’s serving great animation, beautiful animation.

Especially the last ep :skull:

It was literally a ....... showcase 

The animation was amazing, but sadly I got bored mid episode :skull:

• Like 1

I’m following the dub so no spoilers :lakitu:

I finally caught up on Bleach and it was so good. Also super excited for One Piece to move on after Wano. Excited to see whats next

I have to be honest and as much as I like JJK (it's my fave anime), I just can't fully enjoy this watered animation style or whatever is called. The animation from season one was so clean in comparison. I guess it takes more time and effort, and maybe there are too many things this time around in comparison with the battles from S1 which were simpler and easier to do. Idk

• ATRL Administrator

Really happy to see that this will get an even bigger audience now!! I loved every minute of it!

11 hours ago, EndofASadMovie said:

Hi, everyone. I found this thread being active a few days ago so I'm here. :party:

I haven't watched anime in forever and omg I can't believe haikyuu season 3 was in 2016 and the manga  ended in 2020. My heart aches is bad. I remember waiting to read the new chapters every week  during the peak of haikyuu hype. I was so dedicated  back then and now I'm feeling empty because of this information :noparty: time isn't real.

Long live Haikyuu. I kinda miss my fellow haikyuu stans here too @Rhisiart

I really miss haikyuu tho. I haven't seen season 4 yet and the pre Covid nostalgia is gonna kill me now that I'm an adult :sad: sorry for the long text everyone.

LONG LIVE HAIKYUU!!

10 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Are we hyped for Netflix's Devil May Cry  :lakitu:

It looks good!

On 11/11/2023 at 2:56 PM, Dylangaga said:

The new Spy X Family episode!:jonny:

This show is such a ride I love it

SPY x FAMILY finally having some continued plot and storyline with the ship arc :clap3:

Mother Yor!

I'm the opposite, S1 made me think JJK was overrated filler (with HOT characters) but S2 made me stan :jonny5: too bad everything goes downhill after Shibuya :shutup:

The animation for the last EP was great, but obviously FAR from finished due to MAPPA ******* over the animators.

• Like 1

HUNTER X HUNTER FANS GET TF UP!!!!!!!

There's also a translation of the "dropped" ending floating around but it has no Japanese source and lots of ppl are saying it's fake so I didn't put it here. But if you want to read it you can find it on Twitter

Edited by Flomik

I watched Suzume the other night and I enjoyed it! It was a lot better than Weathering With You:giraffe:

Nothing comes close to Your Name tho:jonny2:

19 hours ago, Flomik said:

HUNTER X HUNTER FANS GET TF UP!!!!!!!

There's also a translation of the "dropped" ending floating around but it has no Japanese source and lots of ppl are saying it's fake so I didn't put it here. But if you want to read it you can find it on Twitter

oh. it's kinda blah. hopefully he's able to finish it properly.

While the JJK lashings are deserved and I would usually agree…I dont think those comments apply to the last episode. The fight wasn’t the important part, the important part was the Shikigami reveal and the sheer torture of Yuuji. That boy’s character arc is really sad and under appreciated. I think he would have chosen to be executed if he knew what would happen. 

Dandadan being produced by Science Saru (Devilman Crybaby, Scott Piligrim and Tokyo Sinks 2020)

Edited by Flomik

2 hours ago, Flomik said:

Dandadan being produced by Science Saru (Devilman Crybaby, Scott Piligrim and Tokyo Sinks 2020)

I started reading Dandadan. Not sure I like it all too much but I totally see this being successful as its pretty but on trend with JJK, Chainsaw man, Demon Slayer etc.

It'll be nice to see a show of the genre with a female MC.

3 hours ago, fauxtography said:

I started reading Dandadan. Not sure I like it all too much but I totally see this being successful as its pretty but on trend with JJK, Chainsaw man, Demon Slayer etc.

It'll be nice to see a show of the genre with a female MC.

apparently the writer worked as an assistant on chainsaw man, which at least made me feel alternately saddened and amused when the story wanted me to. while the other two didn't evoke any emotions really outside of the visuals.

NANA-DADDY!:cries::cries::cries:

I have a bad feeling something horrible is gonna happen next episode...I HATE IT HERE!

The Jujutsu Sorcerers need to just PACK IT UP and call it a day because...:jonny2:

• Haha 1

Friendly reminder that the latest and next episodes of JJK are filler flashbacks and everything is just a DREAM. The series ended last episode. Y’all need to avoid watching these :jonnycat:

• Haha 3

Personally I enjoy the suffering. Suffering makes for better MCs and boy is that boy suffering. I don’t care if he get relegated to side character in later arcs, it doesn’t change the impact for me. I’m a character development girlie and **** like this is what can make someone become a favorite character for me. I know a lot of people like Toji and Gojo, and Sakuna…but honestly I’ve never had a super fave. Nobara and Yuji probably the closest. I think by the end of JJK Yuji will be my favorite, but calling it now before it becomes cool to be a Yuuji stan. 

59 minutes ago, Rence said:

Friendly reminder that the latest and next episodes of JJK are filler flashbacks and everything is just a DREAM. The series ended last episode. Y’all need to avoid watching these :jonnycat:

I actually like the fillers that are going to be next

I especially loved when Yuji said "This was truly our Jujutsu Kaisen" and Jujutsu'd all over the Kaisen! Please make sure to watch it :heart2:

Spoiler

:ryan3:

Edited by Flomik
  • Haha 2

Throwback to when season 1 of JJK was still airing and two characters became my faves

Spoiler

Nanami and Nobara

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.