Anime/Manga

Kisuke

On 11/4/2023 at 6:56 PM, Chiidish said:

Rewatching HxH and on the Chimera Ant Arc again, Komugi and Meruem are such an exceptional transcendent experience. 

I haven't switch on any character like I did on Muruem. From not even wanting this ant to be born to having me cry river 😭

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• illia

• Chiidish

• Lee!!

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Was the AOT anime ending different than the manga ending? I thought Manga ending got dragged 

It’s the same ending, but there’s one scene in the manga that was rightfully dragged because of poor execution. The anime changed the dialogue and made it 10x better 

1 hour ago, Rence said:

It’s the same ending, but there’s one scene in the manga that was rightfully dragged because of poor execution. The anime changed the dialogue and made it 10x better 

It wasn’t even that bad in the manga. Yes the anime made it better but one scene does not break a story.

AOT ending uhhhh my hearrttttt.. such an amazing anime...

2 hours ago, dussymob said:

It wasn’t even that bad in the manga. Yes the anime made it better but one scene does not break a story.

right? people were overhating on the manga too

6 hours ago, dussymob said:

It’s not that bad in hindsight but the problem was it was poorly worded which deserved the criticism. The anime changing the dialogue on that specific scene just reinforces that fact.

13 hours ago, Rence said:

It’s not that bad in hindsight but the problem was it was poorly worded which deserved the criticism. The anime changing the dialogue on that specific scene just reinforces that fact.

Yeah I agree but it’s more so could be a translation issue maybe?

I was finally able to watch the AOT finale without catching any spoilers and I don't understand why the ending is so divisive :rip: I was expecting a disapointment like the anime ending of Deadman Wonderland, but I enjoyed it

AOT is clearly one of the all time great animes. It sucks that it took 3 ******* years to end this season and it kind of killed my hype, but I think I will appreciate it a lot more when I decide to give it a rewatch in a few years.

Also, the comparisons with the Game of Thrones ending are absurd :skull: if we want to compare imdb ratings again, the last episode of GOT has a 4.0 and AOT currently has an 8.6

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rence said:

Was it when Armin said "thank you for killing 80%" ?:rip:

9 hours ago, dussymob said:

Yeah I agree but it’s more so could be a translation issue maybe?

It could be but if the studio didn’t include that line in the anime then you know there’s something wrong with it :rip:

40 minutes ago, katara said:

Was it when Armin said "thank you for killing 80%" ?:rip:

Yeah it’s something like “Thank you for being a mass murderer for our sake” :biblionny: the dialogue in the anime with Armin taking half of the burden from Eren and admitting they’re going to hell together is so much better

36 minutes ago, Rence said:

It could be but if the studio didn’t include that line in the anime then you know there’s something wrong with it :rip:

Yeah it’s something like “Thank you for being a mass murderer for our sake” :biblionny: the dialogue in the anime with Armin taking half of the burden from Eren and admitting they’re going to hell together is so much better

It’s terrible yes but then you have a lot of fans mad about the ending because Eren didn’t murder 100 percent. :rip:

36 minutes ago, dussymob said:

It’s terrible yes but then you have a lot of fans mad about the ending because Eren didn’t murder 100 percent. :rip:

I would have review bombed if he went all the way

:ghostface:

Some fans really like to over react as well as the haters.

Since everyone talked **** about AOT ending, my expectations were the worst when in reality is just a normal ending, nothing impressive or horrible either :toofunny3:

At least for me it didn't ruin anything and AOT remains a classic with the best score/OST.

King Levi survived :cries: :heart2:

• Like 1

Oh my god that JJK episode has got to be my fave one so far.
Animation was great, but the DIRECTION was incredible. I went through so many emotions
:gglife:bury :2monkas

I neg on JJK alot, but lord Shibuya Arc is truly one of the peakest written anime arcs of all time, & MAPPA has only made it better with their stellar animation & directing :catshivers Like i thought JJK was boring after S1, but S2 is hit after hit :catshivers Every time i'm floored by an EP's animation, & i go into the JJK subreddit and see them complaining; i truly realize what a Boruto racoon i am, eating something other than mcdonalds for the first time.

EDIT: oh the director was someone outsourced called Itsuki Tsuchigami (Miso), & apparently he said he's never going to direct for MAPPA again due to how they treated him. 

One Piece new chapter :cries: probably the darkest One Piece chapter ever

The first time I cried since Dressrosa

Edited by Flomik

On 11/7/2023 at 8:40 PM, fauxtography said:

Trying to get back into anime to fill the void AOT has already left with me :rip:

picked up demon slayer from where I left off (entertainment district) 

its prettty, but idk, I feel like nothing has the depth of AOT :monkey:

Finished season 3. “Entertainment district” my ass. I was NOT entertained. Might just drop (unless s4 is better?) 

let’s try JJK season two, I kind of liked the first season :bird:

AOT the masterpiece that you are :weeps: :jonnycat:

I will miss it so much :cries:

Forgot to give my thoughts on AOT

I knew how it ended, but not the details. Were there dumb plot holes? Yes. Did some characters have a ton of plot armor? Yes 

But did I cry like a baby when Armin saw Eren's head, when Levi saw his fallen comrades and when Conny & Jean saw Sasha? Absolutely. Seeing Levi shed a tear and finally getting to grieve over the hundreds of comrades and friends he lost :chick3:

It's a finale that sticks with you for awhile, even if there were some glaring issues

Not trying to be crucified here but the “shinjuku arc” has to be one of the most overhyped things in anime in a long while :rip:

I’m on episode 38 of JJK and it’s like, kinda repetitive…

I don’t want to judge the Shibuya Incident arc until it has ended (I already know what happens to my favorite characters) but so far I can say that it’s serving great animation, beautiful animation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fauxtography said:

Not trying to be crucified here but the “shinjuku arc” has to be one of the most overhyped things in anime in a long while :rip:

I’m on episode 38 of JJK and it’s like, kinda repetitive…

Yeah the whole "conflict" is dumb af. The plot sucks a*s. At least it's serving great fights, beautiful fights. A Demon Slayer tea.

Hi, everyone. I found this thread being active a few days ago so I'm here. :party:

I haven't watched anime in forever and omg I can't believe haikyuu season 3 was in 2016 and the manga  ended in 2020. My heart aches is bad. I remember waiting to read the new chapters every week  during the peak of haikyuu hype. I was so dedicated  back then and now I'm feeling empty because of this information :noparty: time isn't real.

Long live Haikyuu. I kinda miss my fellow haikyuu stans here too @Rhisiart

In unrelated news,

I recently noticed the rise in popularity and visibility of anime which is awesome. From my POV, Naruto's ( the goat ) legacy is dead and buried thanks to boruto. Yes, I saw the boruto new designs which are awful and outdated. God, pls help us and Kishimoto, you will pay for this. This is my 9/11. I hate seeing my GOAT go out this way.

One Piece on the other hand is still going strong ( probably more popular?) and the legacy also remains INTACT. The live action was also really popular. Good for the fans tbh.

MHA? Idk her. AOT, you will be missed. I recently watched a few recaps and I'm abosuletly floored by the development of the characters and the story. My brain can't even keep up with the plot twists and **** ( in a good way )

JJK seems to be the next Naruto in terms of popularity. You can't escape these jjk fans, they are everywhere. I haven't watched a single episode but I know a lot about that show and the characters thanks to their fans. It also helps that the men in jjk are hot. Toji? Oh yes absolutely. 

I don't really follow or seek for anime anymore but I never complain and always check them out whenever they end up on my feed. That's how I know some of these updates and the  development of my fav shows and also new IT shows. Maybe, I will always be a fan and probably will get back to it someday. I'm counting on you Hunter X Hunter :sadviolin:

I really miss haikyuu tho. I haven't seen season 4 yet and the pre Covid nostalgia is gonna kill me now that I'm an adult :sad: sorry for the long text everyone.

Edited by EndofASadMovie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.