Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

It's giving DLC

https://cdn.atrl.net/monthly_2019_07/M8BPm9F.thumb.gif.ab89cdf6280a8a90f8ddbbe8f19bb01c.gif

edit: ok, there are some cute new mechanics

https://cdn.atrl.net/monthly_2019_07/M8BPm9F.thumb.gif.ab89cdf6280a8a90f8ddbbe8f19bb01c.gif

Edited by NicoleAMatty

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Rewind, Fuse, Ultrahand, and Ascend are definitely this game’s Stasis, Magnesis, Cryonis, and Bombs which might be accessible at the tutorial area.

They didn’t spend 6 years just to add sky islands and these new gameplay mechanics. There’s still a lot from the artbook that they haven’t shown. :WAP:

Everyone servin 'stupid hoe' as usual in this thread

I'm glad they showed nothing but some new gameplay mechanics, just as they said when they announced it. Now I lowkey don't want them to do another trailer next month. Now just stay silent until release and let us be surprised by everything :duca:

That Fuse mechanic is kinda immersion breaking :rip: that Rock changed size like 3 times in the minute it was shown :rip:

16 hours ago, dabunique said:

:heart: Just watched it and it was so good.

The ascend ability for the lazies and speed runners- I literally didn’t care about the stamina complaints.. if anything it gave me a sense of accomplishment and kept me immersed in the world. :rip:

The fuse mechanic seems OP for the braindead AI? Like all of that for a game that’s like easy mode by default. They’re gonna die regardless to a tree branch. :ghostface:

Ugh

Looks great even though it does seem like overpriced DLC. And I fully don’t expect dungeons and make the game will be full of other new content and secrets. 

But really? The music and sound effects and UI being almost identical. I hate that. Yes it’s a sequel but it shouldn’t be that similar Imo. It makes it lack its own identity. 

• ATRL Moderator
19 minutes ago, Doogle said:

But really? The music and sound effects and UI being almost identical. I hate that. Yes it’s a sequel but it shouldn’t be that similar Imo. It makes it lack its own identity. 

Seriously. When the video started and we saw Link in the BotW Hyrule, with the BotW UI, and the BotW sounds in the back, I felt nervous :redface:

I'm just really glad I played BotW at launch so that at least the surface won't feel *too* familiar for me :deadbanana:

Not looking at any gameplay. I just want the TOTK CE back in stock.

• ATRL Moderator
28 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

People calling this DLC but then saying their fave games are OoT and MM. Make it make sense. :redface:

:confused: MM is in a new setting, with a new antagonist, with two MAJOR new gameplay elements that define the entire gameplay loop (transforming Link via masks; racing against time as the moon crashes), etc. etc.

Having the same engine doesn't mean the games are that similar, but it's already very clear that BotW has more in common with TotK than OoT had in common with MM.

47 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

:confused: MM is in a new setting, with a new antagonist, with two MAJOR new gameplay elements that define the entire gameplay loop (transforming Link via masks; racing against time as the moon crashes), etc. etc.

Having the same engine doesn't mean the games are that similar, but it's already very clear that BotW has more in common with TotK than OoT had in common with MM.

Except we don't have the game yet, so we have no idea how much of the setting has changed and what all of the new gameplay elements are. The fusing alone makes for infinite possibilities. 

Right now, people are judging based off of the aesthetic similarities between BOTW and TOTK. And if we judge OOT and MM similarly, we come to the same braindead DLC conclusion.

All I'm saying is we should hold out until the game is actually released. I have a feeling there are major things they haven't shown us yet.

Looks just as boring as BOTW, hope it flops

im waiting until i play the game to see everything so I'm not watching the direct

but the responses have me worried :redface:

then again yall are kinda hard to please :sistrens:

Edited by Katamari

That video was lackluster and feels like they only posted it to sell the limited Switch. :skull:

I'm still howling at the ascend thing. So the solution to mountain climbing... is going inside a cave to glitch through walls like a Pokemon Sword bug. :bibliahh:

I didn't know people had such an issue with climbing to implement something so lazy. :deadbanana4:

My overall wish for the game is just a different tone if they're going to reuse assets. Different weather, color scheme, etc.

Edited by Starshine

3 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

People calling this DLC but then saying their fave games are OoT and MM. Make it make sense. :redface:

Because what they pulled off with MM was an absolute marvel. And I didn’t play them as a kid so this isn’t nostalgia speaking. 

In a short time with mostly reused assets we got an incredible story and vastly different tone. Sure, we don’t know the story here yet. But instantly MM provides you with a very different experience. It feels like a sequel with the same assets on the same engine but everything is used differently and has its own music etc. My issue from this sneak peak (which granted didn’t show much) is how everything feels a bit too similar. I’ll wait and see otherwise because the world will be a bit different but they have to really justify this being new, 6 years wait and expensive. 

Just preordered the ToTK OLED Switch :jonny:

Looks like I'm finally upgrading but keeping my OG Switch! :duca:

the way i saw the beginning before gym and was ready to pan hard cuz there was no weapon durability info display and then returned to watch the godly weapon fuse system 

Spoiler

GOTY

2r3wH3n.jpg

17 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Because what they pulled off with MM was an absolute marvel. And I didn’t play them as a kid so this isn’t nostalgia speaking. 

In a short time with mostly reused assets we got an incredible story and vastly different tone. Sure, we don’t know the story here yet. But instantly MM provides you with a very different experience. It feels like a sequel with the same assets on the same engine but everything is used differently and has its own music etc. My issue from this sneak peak (which granted didn’t show much) is how everything feels a bit too similar. I’ll wait and see otherwise because the world will be a bit different but they have to really justify this being new, 6 years wait and expensive. 

The gameplay is innovative and Ninty is pretty much unmatched in that aspect by none other than Valve, other IPs are chasing graphics and storytelling while serving the opposite. Tho I feel like Zelda is starting losing its identity and becoming too Garry's Mod for my liking. :rip: Build this, Minecraft this, mod that. They saw how people were creative with BOTW and decided to expand on that, the "84 things you didn't know you could do in ToTK" and viral videos are basically free marketing for them. Personally I was fine with how simple the mechanics were in BOTW. Not sure if things will be more overwhelming and I already hate crafting :skull: .. they really needed to work on the barebones atmosphere of the game, the story, the graphics, the lack of characters that's been in need of improvement (and still doesn't look like they were addressed). Also turn the difficulty up a notch because all of that weapon fusing.. like is it worth all that for Bakoblins with no XP. :priceless:

Idk what's with the marketing, secrecy.. less than 2 months left and they're still giving BOTW payola on Twitter like I know they're trying to avoid spoilers and prob let the GP, rave reviews, viral creative videos do it for them. But from the surface level as a consumer who's iffy about spending $70, it does look like the same game. :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.