RuPaul's Drag Race | Meet the Queens of All Stars 9! | Premieres 17 May

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

The way the cast, and numerous other established drag queens, love Sapphira needs to be studied.

I had no idea she had such impact. Katya was correct.

MOTHER.

:loki:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
  • Like 3

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

26 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Sapphira is one of the most talented and fiercest yet gracious and humble queens to grace drag race, hence why a number of established drag queens have nothing but positive words to say about her and are in awe of her. 

She flew through the competition which is only a testament to her commitment and love for the art. 

If YOU don't like her drag, personally, then say that and cut whatever other dumb f*ckery you're trying to run with because it doesn't compute. Honestly. 

:rip:

Also Nymohia is going to lose since she cannot move her feet and I cannot wait so I can LAUGH in their faces when Saph collets her $200k + the THOUSANDS she already won, she will be the #1 highest grossing franchise winner in history so far based on prize money. More than Symone and even Jinx on AW.

• Confused 5

26 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Also Nymohia is going to lose since she cannot move her feet and I cannot wait so I can LAUGH in their faces when Saph collets her $200k + the THOUSANDS she already won, she will be the #1 highest grossing franchise winner in history so far based on prize money. More than Symone and even Jinx on AW.

Her talent show number was literally a traditional dance mixed in with appropriate cvnty drag moves like she can move her feet be fr

• Like 6

nymphia can dance but cannot lipsync. her mouth and facial expressions are super stiff and not convincing. sapphira and plane can move their faces. :sorry:

This is so cool!:jonny5: Nymph got a Washington Post article

How a 'RuPaul's Drag Race' finalist became an unlikely ambassador for Taiwan

ICLRQD5KRYIF3UNHDM7A6JH6GU.JPG&w=1440&im

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/04/18/rupaul-drag-race-nymphia-wind-taiwan/

""Yellow represents the color of my skin," she said in an interview ahead of the finale of "RuPaul's Drag Race" on Friday, preferring to let her outfits rather than her words remind viewers that she's the only Asian contestant in the season. "By wearing yellow, I hope to raise more Asian awareness and appreciation."

""Even politicians who work hard abroad may not gain this kind of exposure for Taiwan," said Lawrence Jheng, 32, part of a cheerful crowd gathered at a Taipei club for the airing of the episode in which Nymphia Wind would declare she was "very proud to call myself Taiwanese."

"It never occurred to me that drag could have such power to break through Taiwan's diplomatic struggle," Jheng said."

CJQEZA5K3QY2IDS3RHPNWYGULE.JPG&w=1440&im

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

11 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

This article :jonny: the international implications that Nymphia has.. this really reads like a WINNER article idc 

1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Sapphira is one of the most talented and fiercest yet gracious and humble queens to grace drag race, hence why a number of established drag queens have nothing but positive words to say about her and are in awe of her. 

She flew through the competition which is only a testament to her commitment and love for the art. 

If YOU don't like her drag, personally, then say that and cut whatever other dumb f*ckery you're trying to run with because it doesn't compute. Honestly. 

:rip:

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

It's really hard to find a queen that matches that description, and definitely Sapphira needs to be rewarded for that.

I'm still #TeamNymphia because I find her really exciting, and barely anything Sapphira has done has caught my attention. I don't know why, because she's really talented, and I tend to love seasoned queens (I had a deep crush on Sasha last season, and I rewatch her performances non-stop), but yeah, she doesn't move me, which is my own personal perception of course. Still, even if I want Nymphia to win, Sapphira would be the fairest option. We'll see what happens.

Edited by LewisK
  • Like 1

You can react all you want sweetie, it wont make a Nymphia win any more evident, she is losing. :ahh:

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

44 minutes ago, 40000000000000 said:

nymphia can dance but cannot lipsync. her mouth and facial expressions are super stiff and not convincing. sapphira and plane can move their faces. :sorry:

Now pick a lie

She can't dance 

Or 

She can't lipsync 

:khalyan:

43 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

:jonny5:

My WINNER 

I do like Sapphira, but the way a Nymphia win would make heads explode in here :jonny5: We need it! #VoteYellow

• Haha 8

But while China stifles its LGBTQ community, Taiwan has a vibrant drag scene and promotes queer rights — the island's government became the first in Asia to legalize same-sex marriage. And Nymphia Wind is becoming a cultural ambassador for that openness: She will represent Taiwan as a performer at cultural events during the Paris Olympics this summer.

:clap3:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I really don't see Nymphia losing this and I've maintained this since episode 1. I think I'd prefer Sapphira but the fan support is just too large for the network to not crown Nymphia. The disparity is enormous. 

1 hour ago, Subomie said:

I do like Sapphira, but the way a Nymphia win would make heads explode in here :jonny5: We need it! #VoteYellow

I already have my meltdown typed and ready to post should that crown go anywhere near Nymphia's head 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The RPDR Live Untucked show is kinda fun

• Like 1

Sapphira Cristal being honoured by Philadelphia City Councilahead of the Drag Race finale. 

A CBS interview too. 

:loki:

This really is the season of STARS. 

:heart2:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Sapphira Cristal being honoured by Philadelphia City Council today ahead of the Drag Race finale. 

A CBS interview too. 

This really is the season of STARS

Right! So many great opportunities already, + Mirage having a big spotify hit and Q is no doubt going to work with some big names etc

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Whis said:

The RPDR Live Untucked show is kinda fun

I loved it tbh 

What's with the narrative in this thread that Nymphia will/would flop a lipsync? Are y'all assuming she won't know the words or something? :rip: cus she's showed multiple times on the show that she's a performer 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sapphira will be a great winner if she takes it but I've found myself rooting for the less "obvious" winner in recent years unless it's someone I stan (Sasha last year hihi)

AS9 cats reveal May 9th (?)

I wonder if it's an actual reveal or they're just gonna go there to promote

• Like 2

Need Nymphia to take it :jonny:

• ATRL Moderator

Y'all know if Nymphia wins, production will 100% rig a future All Stars for Sapphira :redface: I'd rather just have her win now instead, even if I personally prefer the other finalists.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've seen nymphia perform idk what y'all are talking about she's amazing and can dance and can lip-sync. Check out her performance for Sasha Velours show 

• Like 4

So I'm thinking top 2 for the LSFTC will be Sapphira vs. Nymphia. Plane is great but performance-wise I don't know that she's on the same level as Sapphira and Nymphia if they get full creative control over their performances (if they do the original songs -> lipsync format).

Edited by Ponzi
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.