RuPaul's Drag Race | Stream Episodes 1 & 2 of All Stars 9 Now

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

Oh were fed with all this drag race related content

omg not me being fed like this :jonny5:

and Nymphia on Hey Qween! :jonny5:

Edited by unino
  • Like 1

• Replies 41.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

i totally disagree with queens should not lipsync for the win before the finale. like good lipsyncer most likely will win anyway, though it's also depend on the song.

Moreover, Symone proved it with S13 by lipsynced 4 times (1 for first ep, 1 for the win, 2 for her life) before the finale, then continue to win 2 more lipsyncs.

Sasha Colby would still beat every queen on her season if she have to lipsync a couple more time. 

Sapphira is just not that good as lipsyncing.

and let's be real, if S16 final lipsync was close then the crown would have been hers. just like how she lost to Morphine but get to stay in the competition. 

Sapphira lost fair and square to Nymphia, and Nymphia's lipsync wasn't that great either. 

Edited by unino

I think it's funny that now Nymphia won bc we had never seen her lipsync before when before the finale aired we had posters in here claiming she couldn't perform or lipsync well :toofunny3: which was based on… nothing? Lol 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rigalo said:

I think it's funny that now Nymphia won bc we had never seen her lipsync before when before the finale aired we had posters in here claiming she couldn't perform or lipsync well :toofunny3: which was based on… nothing? Lol 

This. The fanbase completely underestimated Nymph's performance skills by claiming that she was worse than Plane during the political challenge, only to eat crows later. :fan:

Sapphira sings opera LIVE, she doesnt NEED to be a lipsyncher at all. That was for the show, to be CLEAR!

48 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Sapphira sings opera LIVE, she doesnt NEED to be a lipsyncher at all. That was for the show, to be CLEAR!

Those are 2 different skills, diva... and only one of them is relevant to Drag Race :eli:

1 hour ago, KFC said:

Morphine beat Sapphira twice and the second time was a slaughter

sorry but sapphira mopped the floor with morphine on that made you look lip sync

• Like 3

Nymphia also can sing like Sapphira so what's now? :skull:

Both queens win anyway 

• Thumbs Down 1

honestly? Nymphia has the best runway package of any queen on a regular season, wasn't in the bottom a single time and actually brought something new to the winner's circle. She also has a top 3 finale lip sync moment (together with Sasha and Yvie). Lowkey the only thing she flopped at was snatch game, and that wasn't even Sapphira's win, it was Plane's :skull:

kind of shocked people were so convinced Sapphira was taking home the crown all things considered

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, kataraqueen said:

honestly? Nymphia has the best runway package of any queen on a regular season, wasn't in the bottom a single time and actually brought something new to the winner's circle. She also has a top 3 finale lip sync moment (together with Sasha and Yvie). Lowkey the only thing she flopped at was snatch game, and that wasn't even Sapphira's win, it was Plane's :skull:

kind of shocked people were so convinced Sapphira was taking home the crown all things considered

sapphira was hella consistent this season lets not discredit her success now-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

DO SOMETHING CHARLIE!

• Haha 2

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 9 cast teases show's congenial era: 'First season of RuPaul's Best Friends Race'

"This one was really happy and chill. It was just different," Gottmik recalls of the dynamic of the season, which includes no eliminations, similar to the All Stars 7 edition that featured a cast of all prior winners. "Literally we'd be in Untucked and [we'd] get heated up, and they'd be like, 'Time for a game!' And I'd be like, 'Can I say one mean thing?"

https://ew.com/rupaul-drag-race-all-stars-9-cast-interviews-preview-twist-8638879

michael chakraverty on X: "#bbuk https://t.co/WOksIAJewu" / X

Edited by KasioKas

Just now, KasioKas said:

Just saw this… yawn. 

19 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Why did this need to be a whole All-Stars season? They should have filmed it as a one off episode, thrown it on Paramount Plus and called it a day :skull:

1 hour ago, Lightbringer007 said:

sapphira was hella consistent this season lets not discredit her success now-

im not discrediting her, just saying that the race was never as decided as people were pretending it was towards the latter half of the season

tbh it lowkey gave asia vs aquaria

• Thumbs Down 2

38 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Lame cast creates a lame season... shocker

:clack:

12 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

im not discrediting her, just saying that the race was never as decided as people were pretending it was towards the latter half of the season

tbh it lowkey gave asia vs aquaria

Sapphira vs Nymphia did not give Asia vs Aquaria, especially when the former two performed better in the competition overall and were blatant standouts. Your quest to continually diminish Sapphira to this minuscule queen is f*cking hilarious. 

:toofunny2:

Anyway…

RuPaul/WOW CLEARLY wanted to crown Sapphira initially given her winners edit the entire season and her 4 challenge wins, not to mention she had the most consecutive high placements of any queen on any season since Jinkx on S5. 

In the end, as great as Nymphia was, I believe it was the fan support that put her over the edge, which simply couldn't be ignored by any of them, as well as the fact that Nymphia performed better in the very last lip-sync (and it was time for another Asian winner). 

The support that Sapphira had from fellow, established drag queens was also enormous and was higher than most of the other queens on S16 which lead a lot of people to believe she'd be crowned.

Ultimately…

The case surrounding "track record vs final lip syncs" has clearly differed depending on the season and productions input. The most recent example of this is Jinkx vs Monet on AW's; Monet was miles better than Jinkx in the final lip-sync and had the 2nd best track record of the season behind Jinkx too however Ru crowned Jinkx on the basis of how she performed the entire season as a whole (somewhat ignoring the lipsync).

Then we have S9 where Shea had the best track record of the season however Sasha was crowned following having the greater final lipsync. In S12, Gigi had the greater track record and Jaida had the greater final lipsync. S14 had a similar case with Willow/Angeria/Lady C.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
  • Like 2

My Asia O'Hara google alert went off and I came running. Legend, icon, queen. When is she coming back on our screens? I beg!

tumblr_pac6n4KOAX1rnvzjvo9_r1_400.gif

6 minutes ago, Subomie said:

My Asia O'Hara google alert went off and I came running. Legend, icon, queen. When is she coming back on our screens? I beg!

tumblr_pac6n4KOAX1rnvzjvo9_r1_400.gif

She is not coming back anytime soon if there's elimination. So let's hope this AS does well lol. 

Edited by Rep2000

I still ride hard for Asia. Her only fault was being a black queen seen coming for a white fan fave don't @ me about butterflies,  but so what?

All she said was that Cracker wasn't a star. Newsflash - the sky is blue. Birds can fly. Raven lost twice. :michael:

:smitten::smitten::smitten:

• Like 1

IM CRYING-

also apparently screenshots of the as9 trailer are being shown now

Plastique vs Roxxy vs Mik on the runway might serve another Nymph vs Q vs Saph in terms of high quality runways :duca:

Edited by KasioKas
  • Like 1

Just now, KasioKas said:

Plastique vs Roxxy vs Mik on the runway might serve another Nymph vs Q vs Saph in terms of high quality runways :duca:

The way Roxxxy is going to win this battle with outfits she made from tinfoil and pipe cleaners while the other two spend thousands on rented fashion :WAP:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.