RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | The National Drag Convention Roast

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

kylie isn't as offensive of a winner as she was when she originally won, but i still think it was rajah's crown + she'd get washed on an AW season. tho it'd be cute if they had an alliance together! :chick2:

• Like 1

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonique is the worst US winner, Yvie & Willow regular

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheseThingsHappen said:

Don't forget drag excellence Envy Peru. :jonny5:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

The way I can't stand those stoned wigs on anyone EXCEPT Envy :jonny5:

Literally nobody else has the range to pull them off. 

Edited by Both Sides Now
  • Like 2

In retrospect, it's kinda crazy that Latrice wasn't the very first option for We're Here :skull: She has such a great ability to connect with people. 

I might actually watch it despite Peronka's annoying presence. 

• Like 2

Kylie should have been bottom for the one challenge she did win. That's how underwhelming she is. Not to mention borrowing Willam's closet for the runway.

Otherwise winners are OK. For regular seasons Willow is the most underwhelming but she did show some talent and Camden played herself repeating the same gag for the lipsync. 

49 minutes ago, Edge Of Glory said:

kylie isn't as offensive of a winner as she was when she originally won, but i still think it was rajah's crown + she'd get washed on an AW season. tho it'd be cute if they had an alliance together! :chick2:

Kylie is the weakest AS winner for me, sure, but I still can't believe people think Rajah has winner energy :skull: I barely ever remember she won CvTW (and personally barely think these vTW seasons should count as real winners — I mean come on, Blu Hydrangea?) 

Rajah got her redemption after being very unlikable in S11, and that was enough for me. 

When you bring up an AW season, I see it totally differently. Kylie may not have the fullest skill set, but to me she would feel much more at home with the other winners just as a personality. There's a sense of chill confidence or gravitas to her that Rajah doesn't have. 

• Like 1

I truly cannot imagine a world where Blu Hydrangea or Rajah should ever compete in an AW season alongside queens like Bob, Alaska, or Jimbo whew lord :deadbanana2:

At the end of the day, I really think that the LSA format hurt the viewer's perception of the winners. Let's be real, the only winner that no one really contested was Jimbo. A lot of people thought Juju was going to win AS5 and hell, didn't Cracker have more wins than Shea? Had it been a consistent top 2 I feel like the results would have been more easy to accept from fans. I'm not mad at Shea or Kylie winning although I did think Rajah was winning AS6.

The vsTW series are just… after the first UK season with the eliminations being the way that they were… idk. The seasons are too short to really call it the same competition as a regular season or an All Stars season. It's hard to appreciate the queens growth and idk that the big hitters are going to come back for a lower cash prize

1 hour ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

why is Latrice there 

wait I just missed she was on the cast for some reason :rip:

Well, I see even though "off-season" is a far off myth you guys still find ways to make it feel like the good ol' days

nicki.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Kylie may not have the fullest skill set, but to me she would feel much more at home with the other winners just as a personality. There's a sense of chill confidence or gravitas to her that Rajah doesn't have. 

WHAT :deadbanana:

Ra'jah is fully confident and part of that made the twinks turn on her in S11. Kylie has a forced confidence that is awkward to watch at times... her trying to serve "sassy" rehearsed phrases with the quietest voice ever doesn't really scream "chill" confident winner to me :skull:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bimbo said:

WHAT :deadbanana:

Ra'jah is fully confident and part of that made the twinks turn on her in S11. Kylie has a forced confidence that is awkward to watch at times... her trying to serve "sassy" rehearsed phrases with the quietest voice ever doesn't really scream "chill" confident winner to me :skull:

Ra'jah was not confident in S11 lol. Fans didn't like her because she stirred **** for no reason, including calling Yvie smelly. Her behavior on S11 is sort of textbook "feeling out of my league and lashing out at other people in response but calling it confident" :skull: 

She improved a ton by AS6, both as a queen and a personality, but there is something about her that is very… canned? to me. Like "rehearsed phrases" also describes her very well since she relies on singing "oh mYYY GoDDDD" as a reaction so much. 

There's sort of a forced iconic, forced brand, force catchphrase etc. thing about her (to me, at least) that is super prevalent in the S10 and S11 casts as a whole. 

Look, I'm no Kylie stan, but I also have no problems with her. I only see everyone complain about her on ATRL in particular. My impression of her is that she vibes very well with all of the super established RuGirls, so I think she'd be a more natural fit (though likely come in dead last) along other winners. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Kylie is the worst winner period.

Not people still arguing about Kylie's win in 2024 :deadbanana4: yall boring af

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vespertine said:

She improved a ton by AS6, both as a queen and a personality, but there is something about her that is very… canned? to me. Like "rehearsed phrases" also describes her very well since she relies on singing "oh mYYY GoDDDD" as a reaction so much. 

There's sort of a forced iconic, forced brand, force catchphrase etc. thing about her (to me, at least) that is super prevalent in the S10 and S11 casts as a whole. 

None of this makes sense. 

I don't understand how you're analysing someone's personality and saying that it's "canned, forced" etc. 

Also, what on earth is a "rehearsed phrase"?

She's a b*tch from the south to be exact and her personality is very much indicative of where she's from, where she grew up etc. 

:toofunny3:

Also @Bimbo is correct. She definitely had her insecurities but she brought drama and a delusional, individual, comedy to S11 that made it stand out with quotes from her that are still referenced (ironically) today. The YT twink portion of the fandom hated her at the time because she didn't keep her mouth shut. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vespertine said:

Ra'jah was not confident in S11 lol. Fans didn't like her because she stirred **** for no reason, including calling Yvie smelly. Her behavior on S11 is sort of textbook "feeling out of my league and lashing out at other people in response but calling it confident" :skull: 

Look, I'm no Kylie stan, but I also have no problems with her. I only see everyone complain about her on ATRL in particular. My impression of her is that she vibes very well with all of the super established RuGirls, so I think she'd be a more natural fit (though likely come in dead last) along other winners. 

Ra'jah does feel more contained now but her natural self (S11) was fully genuine, dramatic and confident. The "oh my go0oOod" phrase feels more like her knowing you HAVE to repeat a couple corny catchphrases in All Stars if you wanna sell merch, along with being passive if you wanna stop receiving hate from the white fanbase. Her organic reactions are still meme'd and popular gifs (I'm not gagging... / ***** do you bathe, etc.)

I understand thinking she was lashing out of insecurity and fear but for example, her biggest outburst was when she was confident that her pants and overall design look were good and not worthy of the critiques she got, while other people were skating by and Plastique getting a very obvious Emmy bait "I'm your mommy now" moment. She was fully right, her pants were GREAT and the audience was gaslighted into thinking she was a mess :rip:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Then you had Yvie being the most obnoxious ***** in the room and coming for people every day while not even slaying the challenges :rip: I would've thrown hands ngl

:clack:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

rihannafan

Rajah's personality on S11 > her kumbaya stuff on AS6

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

this is so cool

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2024 at 5:15 AM, KFC said:

The seasons over let it go

:deadbanana:at you wanting Dawn disemboweled throughout the season and then this a few days after the finale. 

On 4/25/2024 at 5:03 PM, Lightbringer007 said:

She's so iconic omfg

And they will pay her dust and give her zero wins on AS9 just because she doesn't have 10mil followers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good lord, it's only been a week of off-season and we've already circled back to the worst winner debates

• Haha 1

Sasha and Jaida are SUCH excellent winners. It's such a shame Peronka is in the show she's unbearable but I wish them the best

21 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

uncrowning Bob for Kim Chi has to be one of the most incorrect, deluded and outright tasteless opinions someone has ever has said in this thread. and that says a lot :bibliahh:

Like at least crown a girl who deserves it, like Marina, we dont need Tia with a crown or title.

Not many girls are this impressive, including Pangina. :coffee2:

marina-summers(2)_2024_03_09_13_07_48.jp

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Like at least crown a girl who deserves it, like Marina, we dont need Tia with a crown or title.

Not many girls are this impressive, including Pangina. :coffee2:

marina-summers(2)_2024_03_09_13_07_48.jp

Please, stop. It's too soon, it still hurts, I am in pain, let's not address this again PLEASE :weeps: I'm constantly awoken shaking and crying in the middle of the night this is our reality

Tia Kofi on X: "Here's my real crown and sceptre! Thought I'd share a fake  one first so all the mean people can say it's gross and get their feels out  before

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

Sasha and Jaida are SUCH excellent winners. It's such a shame Peronka is in the show she's unbearable but I wish them the best

I think they wanted her for the young audience, she is very Adore-ish. She did give me cringe in some of the interviews being crude and thats when I realized shes the only one who wasnt judged by Ru. ALL the girls here had to compete and complete the daytime TV and/or political challenge and YES it does prepare you for the real world and tv interviews to national audiences. They are now representing drag and drag queens to everyone in small towns around the US who see it all as sexual. Jaida, Sasha, and Latrice were incredibly well spoken in these interviews, Ive been watching them all, I'm especially proud of Jaida because I can tell she has worked hard at becoming a better speaker. She let us in during AS7 about her lack of formal education and I bet being around Sasha Velour, who is a scholar really influenced her too. Pri is fun, young, and will keep the entertainment high when the serious needs to be slowed down. Latrice is the mother, the fans will almost always see her as the fave, look at the audience reactions.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.