RuPaul's Drag Race | Stream Episodes 1 & 2 of All Stars 9 Now

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

They need to STOP doing the 1st episode Lipsynch for the win, it's unfair to powerful girls and allows the audience to see them lipsync when that is supposed to be reserved to save you. It also works against strong competitors when they have to KEEP doing it because they're good? The past few seasons have made us think decent lippers are boring because they had to do it, that of course gives girls who never lip an edge and it's unfair.

Sasha Velour and Nymphia both won because they coasted and were allowed to not lipsynch until the end of the show. NOT FAIR!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

• Replies 41.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

8 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Sasha Velour and Nymphia both won because

of these two jaw dropping moments:

Sasha Velour Rose GIF - Sasha Velour Rose Petals GIFs

Nymphia Nymphia Wind GIF - Nymphia Nymphia Wind Balloons GIFs

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

They need to STOP doing the 1st episode Lipsynch for the win, it's unfair to powerful girls and allows the audience to see them lipsync when that is supposed to be reserved to save you. It also works against strong competitors when they have to KEEP doing it because they're good? The past few seasons have made us think decent lippers are boring because they had to do it, that of course gives girls who never lip an edge and it's unfair.

Sasha Velour and Nymphia both won because they coasted and were allowed to not lipsynch until the end of the show. NOT FAIR!

Nymphia is the only winner from S11 onward to not lip sync prior to the finale. 

Season 16's finale was also prerecorded, so production wouldn't really have been able to factor in how the fans would compare Sapphira's 4th lip sync to Nymphia's 1st. 

25 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

See, I agree with this and I've strongly believed it since Sasha won. The way I see it they should either make everyone lip sync at least once before the finale if they keep lip syncs for the crown, or ditch lip syncs for the crown altogether (very unlikely, but one can dream).

It's a huge advantage to get to the finale without having shown your lip syncing skills in an actual lip sync performance, the surprise factor (not even talking about the stunts here) is inherently going to tilt the scale of the judging.

This is especially apparent in Sapphira's case because 2/3 times she had to lip sync (excluding the finale) was to get a win, which is something that very few contestants had to do once in the entire run of the show, let alone twice in the same season. It's simply too much of a disadvantage.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ponzi said:

You're missing Kandy Muse a.k.a. the worst runner-up ever.

I mentioned that it wasn't just cats that had extra lives. :cm: 

• Haha 3

This is probably a contraversial opinion but here it goes: I donr think Nymphia's reveal was jaw-dropping. I mean, it was obvious that she had a reveal and I was like mmmm okay, there was ballooons.

It cannot be compared to Sasha's and tbh, Yvie's reveal was the second best after Sasha's.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I mentioned that it wasn't just cats that had extra lives. :cm: 

Lmao thanks for the clarification, sis.

• Like 1

• Like 2

4 hours ago, l3disko said:

Nina gives pedo vibes ngl.

wouldnt be surprised if something came up about her one day.

I'm all for dragging Nina but this is too far :rip: Baseless accusations like this hurt the whole community, not just Nina.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

Nymphia is the only winner from S11 onward to not lip sync prior to the finale. 

Season 16's finale was also prerecorded, so production wouldn't really have been able to factor in how the fans would compare Sapphira's 4th lip sync to Nymphia's 1st. 

Sasha Colby erasure

3 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Sasha Colby erasure

5 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

I ALWAYS laugh when people think Jorgeous or Anetra are top tier lippers, like WHAT are they gonna do with a song like this?

oh this eatery 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

I guess they mean not lip syncing for your life from the bottom has sasha done it

Not Bob lurking in here and dropping this to remind us all how lighthearted and funny he can still be

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jorgeous' new mug is so weird... out of all the beat mexican queens she had to borrow from Georgiana? :skull:

what-do-we-think-about-the-jorgeous-2024-mug-v0-jy05nz63idxc1.png?width=1100&format=png&auto=webp&s=70b63b5c8909620b258e146835d61e460c88b5cc

what-do-we-think-about-the-jorgeous-2024-mug-v0-gyr7jzjijdxc1.png?width=1100&format=png&auto=webp&s=78902a3b601edfeff94ac4731f2de9e7634d2390

n6EHS3G.jpeg

Edited by Bimbo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Jorgeous' new mug is so weird... out of all the beat mexican queens she had to borrow from Georgiana? :skull:

what-do-we-think-about-the-jorgeous-2024-mug-v0-jy05nz63idxc1.png?width=1100&format=png&auto=webp&s=70b63b5c8909620b258e146835d61e460c88b5cc

what-do-we-think-about-the-jorgeous-2024-mug-v0-gyr7jzjijdxc1.png?width=1100&format=png&auto=webp&s=78902a3b601edfeff94ac4731f2de9e7634d2390

n6EHS3G.jpeg

oh gasp-

speaking of las mas dragas ... C-Pher is taking it im sorry thats the winner

exactly!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

n6EHS3G.jpeg

When we find out they're the same queen then what? The drag names are giving ATRL dupes down

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

oh gasp-

speaking of las mas dragas ... C-Pher is taking it im sorry thats the winner

PERIODDDDDD drag excellence

2 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

When we find out they're the same queen then what? The drag names are giving ATRL dupes down

Wait.... :skull:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

exactly!

I watched the episode last night and cried. The three of them have amazing chemistry and you can tell they really care about making a change for everyone.

Sasha Velour really is a DRAG SCHOLAR, so intelligent, probs my all time fave queen tbh. I was just mesmerized from day one, I even copied some of her snake tattoos. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

Sasha Colby erasure

Sasha lip synced in the Lalaparuza 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Nymphia performed several times during the show. It's not her fault that Sapp choked during the final lipsync. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ToMmY said:

I agree. As a Monét stan it pains me so much that I have to listen to Bob if I want to listen to Monét's podcast. :chick3: I wish she had one with someone else... Like Trinity or something.

Tx4rL1t.gif

Drag Heaven heard me and threw me a bone. :loki:

• Like 1

Oh were fed with all this drag race related content

Edited by Lightbringer007
  • Like 2

:jonny2:

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.