2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

He can’t really be this unaware can he? Was he asleep for all of the murders of black people that occurred at the hands of police officers and vigilantes like Zimmerman and the McMichaels? Many of them occurring while he was Vice President? Many more occurring while he was President after his whole FUND the police schtick???

Bye Joe

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch this storyline -- fascinating to try to read the tea leaves on this. A lot I could say but I'm gonna mostly wait until the fall.

There’s zero chance Kamala won’t be his running-mate. Liz is delusional if she thinks she still has any hope :ahh: 

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

There’s zero chance Kamala won’t be his running-mate. Liz is delusional if she thinks she still has any hope :ahh: 

Yeah, I'm thinking about this affects grudges and inter/intra-party fights later on. 

This isn't like a Ted Cruz forgiving a JFK assassination accusation. It's different calculations. 

I wouldn't put it past Liz to have heard something from the Biden or Kamala camp or her former staffers that trashed her to Politico and this is her way of leaking it. 

14 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Yeah, I'm thinking about this affects grudges and inter/intra-party fights later on. 

This isn't like a Ted Cruz forgiving a JFK assassination accusation. It's different calculations. 

I wouldn't put it past Liz to have heard something from the Biden or Kamala camp or her former staffers that trashed her to Politico and this is her way of leaking it. 

Biden simply can’t afford to piss off black women by openly throwing her under the segregated bus. Especially not for a race faker who overstated her background to get hired by Harvard. Like… it’s not realistic. :toofunny3:

Even if she had heard rumors, the fallout from booting out Kamala would be a catastrophe. Pissing off black women in such a way would guarantee he loses Georgia and Virginia. Which… granted, he has a possibility of losing there anyway, given how unpopular he is and how popular those states’ Republican governors are.

44 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Biden simply can’t afford to piss off black women by openly throwing her under the segregated bus. Especially not for a race faker who overstated her background to get hired by Harvard. Like… it’s not realistic. :toofunny3:

Even if she had heard rumors, the fallout from booting out Kamala would be a catastrophe. Pissing off black women in such a way would guarantee he loses Georgia and Virginia. Which… granted, he has a possibility of losing there anyway, given how unpopular he is and how popular those states’ Republican governors are.

If trump is the nominee, I don’t see Biden losing either states. He’s burned too many bridges in GA, and NOVA will make sure Biden wins VA by at least 9, just due to trumps toxicity in the suburbs. 

But I agree, sticking Kamala to the top of the ticket has left Dems in a pickle that they’ll somehow have to address come 2028. I don’t see her ever having the pull to win a General. Ever. 

21 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

If trump is the nominee, I don’t see Biden losing either states. He’s burned too many bridges in GA, and NOVA will make sure Biden wins VA by at least 9, just due to trumps toxicity in the suburbs. 

But I agree, sticking Kamala to the top of the ticket has left Dems in a pickle that they’ll somehow have to address come 2028. I don’t see her ever having the pull to win a General. Ever. 

Biden’s document scandal is making him look incompetent. I don’t believe Trump running makes that much of a difference. People voted in 2022 in reaction to Dobbs, not Trumpism, but Liberals have to cope with their own success and are wishcasting the situation celebrating the death of Trump’s political career when he is easily more in-touch with the median voter than your average Republican, which was his strength going up against the Goldman-Sachs speech giver in 2016.

What you guys don’t get is that yes Trump is unpopular and toxic. So is Biden. A Mega-Trumpy candidate not named Herschel Walker would have cleaned Warnock’s clock in Georgia. Honestly Marjorie Taylor Greene would have won here. :michael:

36 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Yea, Kamala is not winning a general election. VPs only do well in general elections if they were VPs for popular presidents like Obama and Reagan

Kamala would flop like Mondale and Quayle. Her only hope would be if Trump runs for a 4th time in 2028 :rip: Which at this rate … who knows. 

She should not run and just go down in history as the US’s first female VP without damaging her brand even more by losing a presidential election. If Biden loses in 2024, she may lose the primary in 2028. But if Biden wins, she will be the the defacto nominee 

31 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Biden’s document scandal is making him look incompetent. I don’t believe Trump running makes that much of a difference. People voted in 2022 in reaction to Dobbs, not Trumpism, but Liberals have to cope with their own success and are wishcasting the situation celebrating the death of Trump’s political career when he is easily more in-touch with the median voter than your average Republican, which was his strength going up against the Goldman-Sachs speech giver in 2016.

What you guys don’t get is that yes Trump is unpopular and toxic. So is Biden. A Mega-Trumpy candidate not named Herschel Walker would have cleaned Warnock’s clock in Georgia. Honestly Marjorie Taylor Greene would have won here. :michael:

I know Biden is unpopular. Trump is not popular in areas that essentially decide elections: the suburbs. There’s 3 elections in a row now where he, or people attached to him, flopped in historical fashion in the suburbs. I’m not wishcasting or anything, I’m just saying, I think Biden would probably lose to anyone else but trump, but I don’t think trump can win. At all. 

11 hours ago, Bears01 said:

I know Biden is unpopular. Trump is not popular in areas that essentially decide elections: the suburbs. There’s 3 elections in a row now where he, or people attached to him, flopped in historical fashion in the suburbs. I’m not wishcasting or anything, I’m just saying, I think Biden would probably lose to anyone else but trump, but I don’t think trump can win. At all. 

Suburban voters hate both though? And also, Biden's document scandal was covered up by the administration and the DOJ, so we don't know what effect that'll have on his image of electability and being more responsible than Trump. Voters don't care about the nuance between Trump stonewalling and Biden's compliance. What will matter is that they were both irresponsible with matters of national security.

9 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Suburban voters hate both though? And also, Biden's document scandal was covered up by the administration and the DOJ, so we don't know what effect that'll have on his image of electability and being more responsible than Trump. Voters don't care about the nuance between Trump stonewalling and Biden's compliance. What will matter is that they were both irresponsible with matters of national security.

the document scandal isn’t having the effect you think it is. In fact, most people think he’s handling it fine. 

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

The new Jeb Bush

Jeb would have won the primary if Republicans had done in 2016 what the Democrats did in 2020 when they went all out to stop Bernie. :michael:

As for the general, things obviously could have gone either way, since Jeb and Hillary both represent the same corrupt neoliberal world order and dynasty politics.

Republicans DID go all out to stop Trump. Just because it didn’t work doesn’t mean they didn’t try. :rip: In fact, there was a lot of backtracking done by the Republican establishment once Trump’s candidacy became inevitable. *insert iconic Lindsey Graham tweet*

Democrats did the absolute least against Bernie, even going as far as to accommodate all of his primary requests. The losing moderates consolidating into one lane is probably the most boring way to defeat an extremist candidate, and hardly qualifies as “all out”. If Bernie had more than one leg to stand on, he would have easily toppled Sleepy Joe. But alas, his brand of communism didn’t take. :chick2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.