K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

1 minute ago, Century said:

Not PINK VENOM being the most streamed female song of the decade when dua lipa has multiple songs with 2 billion streams on Spotify alone:bibliahh:

NOT a YG group stan talking about criminal activity :bibliahh:

NOT you continuing to set up BP like this, you're starting to look like more of an anti than me. :bibliahh:

Who said it was Pink Venom? BP have multiple global smashes sis. :ahh: You continue to embarrass yourself, I see why you stan miss Bom.

dance-park-bom.gif

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

YG and Teddy have both stated that part of the strategy with black pink is to drive sales up with long hiatuses, they wouldn't sell this much per release or even close with a Twice release schedule don't delude yourself. (you love deluding yourself though so)

My signature says CL(who's still releasing great music and touring the world), not 2NE1. The output is still good so I stan, I don't need management to buy media puff pieces falsely claiming to be #1 in order to stan, I have different standards to a blink. :bird:

so basically youre deluding yourself about things that "could" be? :ahh: the fact is, BP is already the 2nd best selling girlgroup of all time in Korea with only 2 full albums and have the best selling GG album 

youre just a bitter blackjack, be honest :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

BP have multiple global smashes sis.

If they're #1 why aren't they outstreaming dua lipa? There's always a Blink excuse as to why the real #1 doesn't count(because they aren't #1 in anything except most annoying fanbase), I want to hear what you come up with for this scenario. :bird:

1 minute ago, getinthezone said:

BP is already the 2nd best selling girlgroup of all time in Korea

This is not true, you're going to have to post numbers and not a bought press article from the United States if you're making claims like that. :kiss:

I mean if the intro I read is true

BTW - 1M first week, 330k from discount = 30%

Born Pink - first HDD projection: 55k sales, after discounts: 75k sales. So around 20k sales came after the discount, equivalent to around 30% of total sales

A fair comparison tbh :coffee2:

9 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

BP currently have the best selling kpop female album ever, the most streamed female song of the decade, the most streamed female album by a girl group ever, you’re just delusional.

And a Gaga stan trying to talk about criminals? I’ll have to stop here.

Maybe with Youtube stream farms but thats about it. They don't even have a single above Always Remember Us This Way (a song from a movie released almost a decade after her "peak") on Spotify despite being so much bigger than Gaga. If we compare those streams to songs like Levitating and Don't Start Now its even more embarrassing :ahh:
I'm not gonna harp on them too much though because thats genuinely unfair to BP to compare them to US artists like that. They are #1 in streaming for Kpop girl groups, so they have that crown. 

3 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

so basically youre deluding yourself about things that "could" be? :ahh:

Also I'm not the one hung up on what could be when Twice and SNSD both have more career sales than Black Pink. You're the one saying we should count their sales extra or whatever because YG can't release the same 3 songs Black Pink always release more than once every few years. :ducky:

Just now, Century said:

This is not true, you're going to have to post numbers and not a bought press article from the United States if you're making claims like that. :kiss:

tL7gayz.png

@ korean_sales on twitter, tell them to recount :ahh:

5 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

?

?

Are we going to ignore that Asians and Latin Americans are still using YT?

FaBPAtGVUAEhsDw?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by k4rmabutterfly

2 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

tL7gayz.png

@ korean_sales on twitter, tell them to recount :ahh:

NOT A KOREAN SALES LIST WITHOUT IU OR BIGBANG AS YOUR PROOF:bibliahh:

IMAGINE FLEXING BEING SMALLER THAN ENHYPHEN AS PROOF OF BEING GLOBAL OR WHATEVER :bibliahh:

You guys need to start proofreading these posts bc you're setting up your favs for more Ls than yg is at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Sept said:

Born Pink - first HDD projection: 55k sales, after discounts: 75k sales. So around 20k sales came after the discount, equivalent to around 30% of total sales

Update, I got it wrong. It was actually 440k from the deal and 1.108 million albums sold (in the US) first week. However, this deal was ONLY available on Amazon and not available on every single digital music store, like Blackpinks :alexz:

IMAGINE FLEXING BEING SMALLER THAN ENHYPHEN AS PROOF OF BEING GLOBAL OR WHATEVER :bibliahh:

You guys need to start proofreading these posts bc you're setting up your favs for more Ls than yg is at this point. 

The meltdown :ahh: Nurse, he’s out again.

3 minutes ago, Century said:

You also missed Twice above Black Pink at #8 :bibliahh:

the meltdown...

sis you're being desperate its time to close ATRL for today

ezgif-7-6ab1964d90.thumb.gif.f7ac4b1947f

22 hours ago, Pepper said:

It's JENNIE. :giraffe: Big screen debut in Shang Chi 2.

Yeah after seeing various actors from the film follow her

it has to be her, she's really BOOKED

21 hours ago, Jenlisa said:

We have Raya now. Personally I did not like Raya and the last dragon, and yeah they’d prolly seek Rosé for that kinda role. Or Jennie too, who covered tangled 

I forgot about Raya, but is she considered a princess or a character 

when I think of Disney princesses, Belle, Ariel, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, etc come to mind

This argument is so stupid, but not someone blaming the pinks of bots farming and then saying how they are behind Payula Playlistipa...:ahh:

1 hour ago, lgaga1fan said:

Plainly untrue but good attempt! It was only digital albums and 330k were from that discount (which wasn't sold at a loss for interscope bc amazon bought the album at wholesale prices). Billboard changed the rules to $3.99 for the lowest price for a digital album to count toward the chart. Interscope often will discount their albums to this price mid tracking week (if the sales are underwhelming) and it usually helps to push lots of sales and up chart positions.

Regardless, the attempt for Born Pink was much more shameless by selling digital albums w alternate covers that were "signed". Interscope lost profit by discounting the digital album heavily in order to get the #1 AND it sold less than The Album. People conveniently forget that the pure sales metric on the chart includes wholesale digital albums. I highly doubt a lot of that pure sales figure was from the $50 physical. Congrats to them though, they made history by selling on par w/ Twice and doing all of those discounts, buying twitter mentions, etc. The "worlds biggest girl group" did that :bloo:

17 minutes ago, Sept said:

:rip: 

Born Pink also debuts at No. 1 on the Top Album Sales chart with the seventh-largest sales week of any album in 2022 — 75,500 copies sold. Of that sum, 85% were CD sales (64,000), while 15% were digital album sales (11,500). The set was not available in any other configuration (such as vinyl LP or cassette).

That's 11% of total units and of course not all 11,500 copies were bought at discount 

ezgif-7-6ab1964d90.thumb.gif.f7ac4b1947f

Born This Way sold almost 700k copies first week WITHOUT the discount, y'all need to stop :rip: 

I don't even know who's a Blink anymore because some people's statements are that outrageous, I'm suspecting them to be OBPHs instead. Like that one member who, in a genuine way, claimed two days ago that Born Pink is gonna become the best-selling album of all time. Across all categories, over Thriller. :rip: 

Edited by Arthoe