Taylor Swift

Achilles.

53 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I could be wrong, but I feel like 1989 is the only remaining TV that will be a major "event." Tbh, that album is so iconic and loved that if she treats it like a new album and gives it a proper campaign it could become the first album to sell one million first week with two different recordings. 

That being said, I don't think most people care that much about reputation TV or self-titled compared to the other four albums.  I think next year should be all about 1989, give it some room to breathe, and then in 2024 she should drop reputation and self-titled within six months of each other to wrap it up because yeah, I don't think the hype over re-recorded material is going to last forever and those albums are arguably her least beloved of the first 6. That's my ideal scenario anyway. 

Reputation will be an event. I think it’ll end up being the biggest first week if she includes a bigger vault 

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

According to swiftie experts releasing a new album in the middle of re-recordings was a terrible decision but we saw what happened, releasing 3 more recordings on a row now will kill all hype 

But there's a reason why the concept of Midnights is about looking down on her life/career up until now. Midnights thematically make sense as an album in the middle of the re-recordings. 

I'd add that the whole point of The Eras Tour is to celebrate her catalogue. This is the PERFECT opportunity to finish the re-recording process. 

A new album in the middle of this, despite how much I would love it, doesn't make sense cause she couldn't promote it, and doesn't have the time to include it in the setlist. At least the tour is self-promotion for new TVs. 

Edited by Klein

2 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

and releasing the last re-recoding in 2026 won’t kill all hype either? :rip: 

Nobody cares about debut, in 2026 she has a narrative to sell it. The album will debut at #1 and then will recurrently chart not like the old ones. Wasting her biggest moment in re recordings and more re recordings in the silly thing that someone like Taylor would not do. The hype has to be for NEW albums, not re-recordings, today you have the best example with Speak now fall, huge hype, huge debut and huge fall in second day because songs are 13 years old and people are never going to streams like new ones 

Already tired of seeing "SNTV flopping on it's second day".

It has more streams on day 2 than some on day 1.

Taylor just wants these songs back. I think she cares little at this point on massive success of these recordings. They are going to successful just because it's her and her great marketing. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

Nobody cares about debut, in 2026 she has a narrative to sell it. The album will debut at #1 and then will recurrently chart not like the old ones. Wasting her biggest moment in re recordings and more re recordings in the silly thing that someone like Taylor would not do. The hype has to be for NEW albums, not re-recordings, today you have the best example with Speak now fall, huge hype, huge debut and huge fall in second day because songs are 13 years old and people are never going to streams like new ones 

but the Eras Tour is happening right now, and will seemingly end next year.

from a marketing point of view it makes no sense, there’s a reason why she’s on a career-celebrating tour right now while releasing the Taylor Versions in parallel. 

like @Klein said, Midnights also makes sense as a new album amidst this cycle because of all the callbacks and even samples connecting the material to her entire catalogue. 

yeah obviously no one knows what will happen as she’s on an insane creative streak right now, but delaying the rest of the TVs for a new album is not a good idea imo

6 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

but the Eras Tour is happening right now, and will seemingly end next year.

from a marketing point of view it makes no sense, there’s a reason why she’s on a career-celebrating tour right now while releasing the Taylor Versions in parallel. 

like @Klein said, Midnights also makes sense as a new album amidst this cycle because of all the callbacks and even samples connecting the material to her entire catalogue. 

yeah obviously no one knows what will happen as she’s on an insane creative streak right now, but delaying the rest of the TVs for a new album is not a good idea imo

She's not going to release a new album on tour so we will likely get 1-2 tvs while she is on tour to give each time to breathe. But I think she will release TS 11 before debut.

She isn't going to turn herself into a legacy artist by prioritizing the tvs over new studio albums. From how much she is going to Electric Lady studio, it's clear she is recording TS 11 and it makes the most sense for her to release it in Q4 2024.

debut doesn't even have a segment on the tour so it doesn't make to sense to release it when she's on tour. Depending on how much space she wants to give each release ,she could release 1989 TV in October/ November and Rep in March/April and then have TS 11 in October/November of 2024. Releasing debut would shorten the time between releases too much, especially since each release needs an announcement at least 2 months in advance for vinyl preorders.

• Like 4

Friendly reminder that REPUTATION (first 11 tracks only) is the epitome of PERFECTION. Jack last four tracks dragged the album too much and remain unlistenable in 2023 and no wonder why those tracks receive atrocious recurrent streams.

2/3 of Taylor's top songs (apart SN TV) are Max Martin productions but this base told us that THEE ANTONOFF is way better than Max Martin but it looks like many members here lied. It's so ******* embarrassing how 2014 songs are outstreaming songs which have massive radio + playlist exposure and were apparently massive smashes. And let's not speak how Lavender Gayz is already ERASED. Jack will NEVER produce a classic song.:bird:

• Thumbs Down 2

so what do people think her next single will be after cruel summer? or nothing till her next album?

It's obvious Taylor won't release any new studio album until the Eras Tour is finished. That would require a setlist change and would invalidate the tour poster, banners, merchandise and everything linked to the Eras Tour. The only question is if she will release all the re-recordings during the Tour or she will leave 1 or 2 for later.

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

so what do people think her next single will be after cruel summer? or nothing till her next album?

Nothing until the next re-recording, 1989 TV.

All these tragic reactions for speak now when It's gonna just be the biggest debut of the year at least She doesn't release something else :chick1:

Ken stans smash nights

10 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

She's not going to release a new album on tour so we will likely get 1-2 tvs while she is on tour to give each time to breathe. But I think she will release TS 11 before debut.

She isn't going to turn herself into a legacy artist by prioritizing the tvs over new studio albums. From how much she is going to Electric Lady studio, it's clear she is recording TS 11 and it makes the most sense for her to release it in Q4 2024.

debut doesn't even have a segment on the tour so it doesn't make to sense to release it when she's on tour. Depending on how much space she wants to give each release ,she could release 1989 TV in October/ November and Rep in March/April and then have TS 11 in October/November of 2024. Releasing debut would shorten the time between releases too much, especially since each release needs an announcement at least 2 months in advance for vinyl preorders.

Thank you for the common sense 

31 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

I get what you mean, but she wouldn't become a legacy artist just by churning out the remaining TVs during the tour. Release the last one at the end of the tour and then take a moment to rest before starting the TS11 rollout in 2025. The entire narrative of the future album would be already given, something in the line "These last few years, between the TVs and Midnights I did a LOT of looking back. I've learned about myself, healed past traumas, and relieved my early career moments. Now, I feel ready and excited to look forward, and this next album reflect this".

is that an actual narrative though? "look forward"?

that's worse than "i wrote these songs at midnight"

17 minutes ago, Klein said:

I get what you mean, but she wouldn't become a legacy artist just by churning out the remaining TVs during the tour. Release the last one at the end of the tour and then take a moment to rest before starting the TS11 rollout in 2025. The entire narrative of the future album would be already given, something in the line "These last few years, between the TVs and Midnights I did a LOT of looking back. I've learned about myself, healed past traumas, and relieved my early career moments. Now, I feel ready and excited to look forward, and this next album reflect this".

Eh.  Midnights is already the album  that reflect the themes of the next album, she won't rehash that again. 

I think it's clear that she has a lot of thoughts about the Joe breakup . That and maybe a new relationship (not Matty) will likely be the main themes of the next album.

7 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

is that an actual narrative though? "look forward"?

that's worse than "i wrote these songs at midnight"

You're strong with metaphors uh? 

It's pretty clear that the theme of Midnights is not literally about having written these songs at midnight, but more writing songs about the feelings/memories that come back on a sleepless night. Like remembering your mistakes, feeling guilt over some things, feeling nostalgic, etc. 

You could easily imagine TS11 being her venturing in a new genre that she hasn't tried before. Or a new approach to songwriting. Or pretty much anything that would be new for her. Hence the "looking forward". She is ready to try new things. 

2 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Eh.  Midnights is already the album  that reflect the themes of the next album, she won't rehash that again. 

I think it's clear that she has a lot of thoughts about the Joe breakup . That and maybe a new relationship (not Matty) will likely be the main themes of the next album.

? Maybe I don't understand what you meant or I expressed myself poorly

Midnights is about looking back. In what I wrote, I imagine TS11 being about looking forward, trying new things. 

yes i am strong with metaphors, that's why I was at the top ranked English department in the US. idk how that's relevant though. :gaygacat7:

anyway here for her doing different sounds that she's hinted at in recent albums but hasn't wholly embraced as of yet. 

29 minutes ago, Klein said:

Girl, that's literally Midnights 

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Girl, that's literally Midnights 

But what did I miss? :laugh: 

How is Midnights about looking forward? The whole record talks about her past. 

Y’all know she’s releasing a new album next year. The re-recording will end in 2025

Edited by YR.

Give one of the best non fake reactors your views. 

She's reacting to 2 of icons best sings.

She recaps her Midnights reaction @ the beginning, & talks about what grew on her + the Eras tour.

2 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

She recaps her Midnights reaction @ the beginning, & talks about what grew on her + the Eras tour.

My fave reactor ever :heart2: 

In my mind the following happens:

1. At her last show in LA, she announces 1989 TV, dropping late October 2023.

2. For her birthday, she announces reputation TV, dropping late April 2024.

3. She surprise-drops Debut TV on August 2024, after her last concert for the Eras Tour.

4. TS11, January 2025

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Oh wow i love her lyrical analysis of HD, and then her comparison of YLM to a Hospital :jonny5: Now i wish YLM ended with a flatline sound. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.