• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk about you guys but I have a feeling selena at some point if she wishes when she older she can pull off a “talk show”. 
Selena always came off as very likable by the gp and sweet plus having this massive success with Selena and chef and now getting recongntion from the older demographic I think has set up selena to one day have her own talk show like Kelly clarkson and Drew berrymore. 

9 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

I know and its cool if she does it from time to time but we don’t know if she is already does that privately. There’s many events that are secret that we don’t even know about and I’m sure she’s met with executives and suits privately too. And I’ll repeat myself again that she has done the parties and events thing for years and nothing  substantial really came out of that so its not really that essential at the end of the day

She has a second wind of her acting (tv) career with Only Murders. She better not waste it.

Not everybody can have two successful and acclaimed tv shows in their careers. 

8 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

I hope the trailer drops tomorrow :alexz:

I have a feeling the trailer might be released on October 10, which is Mental Health Day. She officially announced it on September 8, exactly a month before so it makes sense. Only thing is that it is a Monday which I’m not sure is a common day to release stuff 

Ok so instead of Oct 10 for the doc maybe the trailer on that day. Would make sense. 

Opening the festival is great and it will be a red carpet premiere too at the iconic TCL Chinese Theater. I really want it to be so good it gets award nominations but also not because none will go to her since she is not listed as a producer (which again, is weird for her at this stage in her career)

Maybe the documentary is going to be released along with the lead single or something, she loves October releases

i would love a 2nd compilation album titled

GRATEFUL

track list

Grateful

Flawless

I Feel Pretty

It Ain't Me 

Bad Liar 

Fetish

Wolves

Back To You

Taki Taki

I Can't Get Enough

People You Know 2.0

Souvenir feat. Taylor Swift

(hypothetically) Let Me Love You

Calm Down (Remix)

this would be IMO a very successful 2nd greatest hits project

then, i would release the next full length album of completely new material in 2023 a la revival. 

Edited by selena_lavigne

Increased in minutes watched! I believe it will increase a lot next week since it will count the finale of S2. 

4 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

i would love a 2nd compilation album titled

GRATEFUL

track list

Grateful

Flawless

I Feel Pretty

It Ain't Me 

Bad Liar 

Fetish

Wolves

Back To You

Taki Taki

I Can't Get Enough

People You Know 2.0

Souvenir feat. Taylor Swift

(hypothetically) Let Me Love You

Calm Down (Remix)

this would be IMO a very successful 2nd greatest hits project

then, i would release the next full length album of completely new material in 2023 a la revival. 

I know Interscope is pretty much the biggest UMG division and the biggest over all label but I kinda want Selena to be in Sony or Warner next

I’m back with more awards speculation and delusions so sorry if I annoy anyone, truly

So, I hope they submit the Calm Down remix instead of the original at the Grammys to the Global Music performance category. Not sure if they will nominate it since Selena is in it and they may just want to award non-Americans. 
I also hope Coldplay submits ONLY LSG to Best Music Video. The video for My Universe is a mess. And LSG was produced by the same company that did Black is King, Humble and Formation among others. So it would be nice; they are also at the beginning of the ballot and since they are previous nominees and there is not a committee anymore, I’m sure they will receive a bunch of votes. I lost hope for any nom for the song itself since its only chance is Pop Duo/Group performance and im 99% confident they will only submit and be nominated for My Universe. ROTY and SOTY are a no obvi.
AOTY is possible, very likely actually. So if they get the nom, so will she. 

About OMITB, it is said that Ted Lasso won’t make the deadline for the winter awards and maybe even for the 2023 Emmys. That’s great news, maybe that will clear the way for a Lead Actress nom at the Golden Globes and SAG (maybe). I’m still not sure about one at the Emmys since Hacks is still a thing and Abbott came in hard. Some shows returning like Dead to Me and Wednesday could also steal her spot so we shall see. As long as she gets something so she can attend the SAG again (and Golden Globes) is ok by me lol

And finally, the documentary. I read the rules for the Oscars and unless it wins some sort of competitive award at a festival or is shown in theaters for a week it cannot be eligible (if I understood correctly). 
The bad thing is that even if it does all that and even gets nominated (doubt it), she wouldn’t get the nomination since only the director and up to two/three producers get that. She is not listed as producer but even if she was, she has to have some sort of accreditation by the PGA showing that she was involved and actually did the job of a legit producer and didn’t just put her name there. It is sad but whatever, I think I will be happy if the doc makes the Oscars shortlist like Billie’s did. It would be eligible for the Emmys and Grammys too (maybe not the latter). 

Excited to see how the next few months turn out!

There's no way Ted Lasso doesn't make it to next year's Emmy's, the deadline is till the end of spring. Selena doesn't really stand a chance for an actress award tbh. Without Ted Lasso, she can win awards as a producer for Best Comedy Series in the winter awards and I don't see why Martin Short can't win some actor awards as well. 

4 hours ago, asweetestfetish said:

There's no way Ted Lasso doesn't make it to next year's Emmy's, the deadline is till the end of spring. Selena doesn't really stand a chance for an actress award tbh. Without Ted Lasso, she can win awards as a producer for Best Comedy Series in the winter awards and I don't see why Martin Short can't win some actor awards as well. 

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/09/sudeikis-behind-the-scenes-drama-ted-lasso-season-3-delays-1234763574/

A bunch of sites are reporting that it probably won’t make it in time. 

And I don’t think people is saying Selena will now win all the awards, at least I didn’t. She does have a better chance at getting the nominations. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

14 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/09/sudeikis-behind-the-scenes-drama-ted-lasso-season-3-delays-1234763574/

A bunch of sites are reporting that it probably won’t make it in time. 

And I don’t think people is saying Selena will now win all the awards, at least I didn’t. She does have a better chance at getting the nominations. 

Interesting read. I think all the date speculation is just an estimation, because the other day I read that Ted Lasso will be released in Q1-Q2 of 2023. 

Anyway, the streets are saying Selena still plans to release the lead single this year and the album next year. Take it with a grain of salt. The source also said we'll be getting another teaser for the doc before the trailer so we will see their credibility. 

1 hour ago, asweetestfetish said:

Interesting read. I think all the date speculation is just an estimation, because the other day I read that Ted Lasso will be released in Q1-Q2 of 2023. 

Anyway, the streets are saying Selena still plans to release the lead single this year and the album next year. Take it with a grain of salt. The source also said we'll be getting another teaser for the doc before the trailer so we will see their credibility. 

Yeah, I think only the cast, crew and Apple now what’s up. I’ll be happy if they miss the winter awards, not sure it would help OMITB since Abbott Elementary seems to be really liked but you never know. A GG nomination would be enough for me lol

That’s interesting cause if true it seems like she’s approaching the Rare schedule again, which was nice but I didn’t really like it, mainly because January is such a slow month for music. I guess maybe that is why she does it, since it could be easy to get the #1 album. I wouldn’t mind an October lead single release and November album release tbh, if the single does well it could help the album. 

1 hour ago, MALAMENTE said:

That’s interesting cause if true it seems like she’s approaching the Rare schedule again, which was nice but I didn’t really like it, mainly because January is such a slow month for music. I guess maybe that is why she does it, since it could be easy to get the #1 album. I wouldn’t mind an October lead single release and November album release tbh, if the single does well it could help the album. 

I actually hope she releases the album after she's done filming OMITB S3 so she can actually promote it 

On 9/16/2022 at 5:26 PM, MALAMENTE said:

Increased in minutes watched! I believe it will increase a lot next week since it will count the finale of S2. 

this is so good! 

1 hour ago, asweetestfetish said:

I actually hope she releases the album after she's done filming OMITB S3 so she can actually promote it 

Right but I think that she wants to release something before she starts filming or while she is shooting so the first half of the year is not very dry for her fans, cause apparently they start filming in January this time so they would wrap up in like May or even June. That way we at least have a new album to keep us hooked a few months lol + maybe the second half of 2023 she films the Silvia biopic 

Selena is in fact more popular globally than locally+ the UK

13 hours ago, Selegend said:

top 10 on Billboard Excl. US Worlwide Chart!! it's A HIT! 

And #12 on the Global 200. Hope it makes the top 10 too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.