Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

3 minutes ago, Sad Serenade said:

This.

Revelacion barely had the promo (and I'm not even talking about live promo which was 0)

And it was just an EP. A studio album need a proper promotion. 

i don't think it's likely that she's active on social media for nothing. 

a single is coming guys, we may need to be prepared to have promo fully ignored lmao 

maybe the album itself will have promo being released like 1 month and something after olivia, we can hope! 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sad Serenade said:

This.

Revelacion barely had the promo (and I'm not even talking about live promo which was 0)

And it was just an EP. A studio album need a proper promotion. 

Live promo is not even a question anymore hahaha if we will ever get a live promo, it will be on Grammy stage. She won't perform back on minor stages. Maybe AMAs if the 2019 tragedy doesn't traumatized her :gaycat6:

3 minutes ago, Selegend said:

yeah, i'm conflicted. i don't think it's a great idea to split attention, but it seems SO MUCH that selena is coming at least with a new single this month or at least next month. it looks like she's coming this month tbh, her social media activity is suspicious af. 

Yes, i'm also thinking she will release this month or the next (after that Calm Down promo even more), but i wish her team will hold it till the end of august/september. They want Olivia to peak #1 on radio of course, so they will go all the way for it. I don't think it's good for Selena to get this competition on radio. And we can't forget Calm Down is still the most played song on radio in the country (:katie2:), will radio play 2 Selena songs like that? we don't know...

I prefer her to release in a better climate.

11 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Yes, i'm also thinking she will release this month or the next (after that Calm Down promo even more), but i wish her team will hold it till the end of august/september. They want Olivia to peak #1 on radio of course, so they will go all the way for it. I don't think it's good for Selena to get this competition on radio. And we can't forget Calm Down is still the most played song on radio in the country (:katie2:), will radio play 2 Selena songs like that? we don't know...

I prefer her to release in a better climate.

i think a solo SG song will have a whole different promo of comeback approach and radio could play both at the same time... Calm Down is that kinda of GP smash that is basically bigger than both Selena and x5 Rema together at this point. This song will live forever, it will still be top 200 on Spotify in 2 years. 

The best scenario was still April 2023 after that whole tiktok March mobilization, but with the wishful thinking aside, How the new single sounds also matters. If it's a fun pop ***** song, i think risking playing at the same time as Calm Down + Olivia would be worth it. If it's not, then i agree they should wait. 

Edited by Selegend

8 minutes ago, Selegend said:

i think a solo SG song will have a whole different approach and radio could play both at the same time... Calm Down is that kinda of GP smash that is basically bigger than both Selena and Rema x5 together at this point. This song will live forever, it will still be top 200 on Spotify in 2 years. 

The best scenario was still April 2023 after that whole tiktok March mobilization, but with wishful thinking aside, how the song will sound also matters. If it's a fun pop ***** song, i think risking playing at the same time as Calm Down + Olivia would be worth it. If it's not, than i agree they should wait. 

Selena said that new album will be a happy one, so we will probably get a fun pop song. I don't know what to think, but i hope it come at least at august. I want Calm Down to top +60 weeks on Billboard Hot 100.

1 hour ago, corotinho said:

I don't think anything is coming this summer. I mean, isn't summer ending in august? It's like next month.

vampire was released past friday, and Selena and Olivia have mostly the same team. They will be all about Olivia till August/September. New music probably only in September/October, if i could guess it.

I don't what is this obsession with believing a label can only focus on one artist at the time? 

They can do both if they wanted, and they don't have to make someone wait because another is currently on an era. By late July there's nothing stopping Selena from releasing. The summer ends in late September so she has time, and by the looks of it she's probably close to releasing something anyway. 

Calm Down is uber big and nothing will eclipse it, not even Selena's lead. It is also peaking so it can only go down from here. And two songs by the same artist can coexist at the same time, look at Taylor having Karma and Cruel Summer both being promoted on pop and she's gearing up to release Speak Now TV which will probably have another single. Selena had WDTA and KEWK getting airplay at the same time. I Want You To Know and The Heart Wants What It Wants too. They sent Hands to Myself to pop radio while Same Old Love was smashing on radio. 

Let's see what she does, but I just feel it in my Selenator guts that she is getting ready to release something. 

I just listened to her Spanish EP and the production is insane!!!

she needs to work with the same producer on her next English album

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Selena ever recorded a version of Issues?

26 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

I don't what is this obsession with believing a label can only focus on one artist at the time? 

They can do both if they wanted, and they don't have to make someone wait because another is currently on an era. By late July there's nothing stopping Selena from releasing. The summer ends in late September so she has time, and by the looks of it she's probably close to releasing something anyway. 

Calm Down is uber big and nothing will eclipse it, not even Selena's lead. It is also peaking so it can only go down from here. And two songs by the same artist can coexist at the same time, look at Taylor having Karma and Cruel Summer both being promoted on pop and she's gearing up to release Speak Now TV which will probably have another single. Selena had WDTA and KEWK getting airplay at the same time. I Want You To Know and The Heart Wants What It Wants too. They sent Hands to Myself to pop radio while Same Old Love was smashing on radio. 

Let's see what she does, but I just feel it in my Selenator guts that she is getting ready to release something. 

Did you saw your examples? WDTA and KEWK. KEWK is a flop. The Heart Wants What It Wants was released in the end of 2014, IWYTK came almost mid 2015. By the AMAs on 2014, THWWIW was almosting peaking. IWYTK did nothing to THWWIW. SOL and HTM. HTM killed SOL momentum on radio and it dropped like a rock on the charts (and it was even prejudice to HTM too).

If we go by those examples, yes, she can release two songs at the same time, but one of them will flop. CD is already a smash, so the flop will be…

21 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Did you saw your examples? WDTA and KEWK. KEWK is a flop. The Heart Wants What It Wants was released in the end of 2014, IWYTK came almost mid 2015. By the AMAs on 2014, THWWIW was almosting peaking. IWYTK did nothing to THWWIW. SOL and HTM. HTM killed SOL momentum on radio and it dropped like a rock on the charts (and it was even prejudice to HTM too).

If we go by those examples, yes, she can release two songs at the same time, but one of them will flop. CD is already a smash, so the flop will be…

And? They still released two singles at the same time. And I also gave other examples, which are very on topic. But anyways, KEWK still did well internationally, and by the logic we are using, it would have done irreparable damage to WDTA just because they were released close together (which is stupid because the campaign was done by Charlie's team, because it is his song. Same with Zedd, Kygo and now Rema). February is not even close to being mid 2015 lmao. The Heart Wants What It Wants did not peak two weeks in. Hands to Myself did nothing to SOL because SOL was already a big radio hit. Both managed to get to the top. The moral of the story is that they can and probably will release a song even if CD is still on the charts because it will affect NOTHING: the song has already done its thing and people is not dumb to differenciate and enjoy two Selena songs. In fact, they will probably welcome a new song a lot more just to hear something that's not CD which is overplayed by now. It's not her or her label problem if her fans cannot focus on two things at once. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

1 hour ago, mistertsa said:

I just listened to her Spanish EP and the production is insane!!!

she needs to work with the same producer on her next English album

oh u served taste! 

i also feel Selena's releasing very soon. And yeappp there's NO WAY they should/can "wait" for anything related to Calm Down cuz this is those kinda of immortal smash hits, it just won't die and that's amazing. She can and should release a new single if it's a summer bop. They WILL chart at the same time. we will be more than fine, i feel it will work out very well!

But... the thing about olivia is not the label focusing on more than one artist at the same time, we know Interscope can do this. it's the fact that Olivia has the same everything. Same manager, mkt team and label. I love Olivia but i can't help it but to be annoyed about it, since she's younger and also an ex act it kinda feels like a Selena replacement. A new blood with the same strategic logic behind for them.  I'm sorry but i've never talked about it and i needed to talk about it someday. There's NOTHING we can do about it tho so it's fine i guess :laugh:

Edited by Selegend

1 hour ago, Selegend said:

i also feel Selena's releasing very soon. And yeappp there's NO WAY they should/can "wait" for anything related to Calm Down cuz this is those kinda of immortal smash hits, it just won't die and that's amazing. She can and should release a new single if it's a summer bop. They WILL chart at the same time. we will be more than fine, i feel it will work out very well!

But... the thing about olivia is not the label focusing on more than one artist at the same time, we know Interscope can do this. it's the fact that Olivia has the same everything. Same manager, mkt team and label. I love Olivia but i can't help it but to be annoyed about it, since she's younger and also an ex act it kinda feels like a Selena replacement. A new blood with the same strategic logic behind for them.  I'm sorry but i've never talked about it and i needed to talk about it someday. There's NOTHING we can do about it tho so it's fine i guess :laugh:

yes, that's also the point

i need this kind of production from selena. 
TBH I really want Hyper-pop song from her, should be huge. 

Imagine Selena pulling an Ayesha Erotica kind of song (Nasty for example) should be insane 

11 hours ago, Selegend said:

SOUR, 2021:

Drivers License: January 8

Deja Vu: April 1

Good 4 U: May 14

Album: May 21

Revelacion, 2021:

De Una Vez: January 14

Baila Conmigo: January 29

Selfish Love: March 4

EP release: March 12

I don't want to split attention with Olivia too cuz it's most likely they will go way more to Olivia promo. but they've already done it before. 

They had different teams back then

she's so ******* dumb I still hate her for not tucking in the droplets on rare - rare would've been like the top 5 most streamed female album by now

also because they look like a mess on my apple music library since they're all just singles

Edited by MonsterNavy

Do you guys think Selena has done anything to her face? tbh I see it weird and not in a way that is bloated, which is normal given her lupus, it's like something is weird about the shape

With Emmy nominations coming next week, can the stans not have a giant meltdown if when she doesn’t get an acting nom? She may get lucky but I doubt it with the competition this year and them annoyingly changing the number of slots from 6 to 5. 

Spoiler

I still think her performance in season 1 was better but I have high hopes for s3

She has been removed as lead artists on Taki Taki, hopefully it's a glitch and they fix it soon

Some think that maybe she got cheek fillers idk. She still looks really beautiful. Also Emmy noms Wednesday :alexz:

When will the Food Channel show start filming?

3 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

When will the Food Channel show start filming?

The first show is airing during the holidays so probably fall.

• Like 1

I don't think it would be easy to book Selena in a lot of festivals. There are very few pop oriented festivals and even Miley just started to be booked for them when she covered some rock classics and it went viral which gave her cred with that audience.

If she books something that will be more likely a small tour, like Lana did

On 7/4/2023 at 6:31 PM, BeingRicardo said:

Do you guys think Selena has done anything to her face? tbh I see it weird and not in a way that is bloated, which is normal given her lupus, it's like something is weird about the shape

I only noticed some flaccidity on the face on those pics with Nicola, probably due to weight fluctuations. She needs take collagen or collagen biostimulator, hope she doesn't do invasive fillers because by what I've noticed this makes it worse, and also hope she isn't on ozempic

14 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

Some think that maybe she got cheek fillers idk. She still looks really beautiful. Also Emmy noms Wednesday :alexz:

Well fillers do naturally disappear right? They take 1 yr or 1y 1/2 but they do disappear, she had the perfect face tbh and I'm not saying it because of lupus, smth is weird in her face and eyes, her eyes is like going in a different direction that before. I think all those ugly comment got to her

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.