• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

i wonder if candy paint is still going to be released as a single or….

55 minutes ago, Getlikemike said:

Hopefully an announcement today! And her team released the drafts like we asked. Seems like they’re trying to appeal to fans as much as possible, which I love.

Good that her new team is actually acknowledging the existence of TikTok, but why wouldn’t they just post this one that has her in it on her own page with 1.7 million followers? :deadbanana4: The way it’s always one step forward and two steps back with her ffff

9 minutes ago, shelven said:

Good that her new team is actually acknowledging the existence of TikTok, but why wouldn’t they just post this one that has her in it on her own page with 1.7 million followers? :deadbanana4: The way it’s always one step forward and two steps back with her ffff

jesus christ. they prob are trying to build the normani nation page, she’s literally posting it on her instagram as well. y’all are insufferable. genuinely.

• Thanks 1

She should have announced the lead single already but this is where it gets bad:

Fair bombs -> two year hiatus -> come back with a song that sounds exactly like Fair

there's no way they are THIS dumb 

• Haha 1

Just now, Starkboy said:

Fair bombs -> two year hiatus -> come back with a song that sounds exactly like Fair

It sounds nothing like fair but I’ll admit it sounds more like an album track opposed to a single

4 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

She should have announced the lead single already but this is where it gets bad:

the song literally sounds NOTHING like fair lol

3 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

the song literally sounds NOTHING like fair lol

It doesn’t give lead single material at ALL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

This song sounds nothing like Fair, this song she teased sounds like Wild Side little sister. The song allegedly has a male rapper feature on it so it probably changes in tempo throughout the song. The whole thing is giving me Wild Side, just like when she teased it, people were complaining about it sounding too slow and two years later Wild Side still slaps so I'm not worried at all for the single. And whether it pleases the GP or not we should celebrate Normani releasing something she believes in and is happy with

Stop being dense you know exactly what I mean. It's another slow r&b song with minimal production. Why are they pretending she's SZA or something?

She has a good tone but you need a very rich voice + fantastic songwriting to pull this off. a Wild Side -> Fair -> 2 year hiatus > this run does literally no favor to her. I was a huge fan of Wild Side but I knew releasing Fair right after was a suicidal move and time proved me right.

I'm not saying it sounds bad but this should definitely be a nice album track, not the song you came back with. Her own fanbase has been asking for Candy Paint (the only "recent" output that is an actual uptempo) for years for a reason and they decide to come back with this. :ace:

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, shelven said:

The content on the actual TikTok will be better and used more intentionally. Let them build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 4:09 AM, wildsidenormani said:

Be calm y’all. She sees everything! 

normani if you see this:

:khalyan2:

tell us what's next or release the goddamn album

The snippet is more akin to Wild Side than Fair. 

Edited by AFullMoonlight
  • Like 1

Just now, AFullMoonlight said:

Way more lol. I recall y'all being scared for Wild Side too. Also you all may want to think of this track as the warm up. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Stop being dense you know exactly what I mean. It's another slow r&b song with minimal production. Why are they pretending she's SZA or something?

She has a good tone but you need a very rich voice + fantastic songwriting to pull this off. a Wild Side -> Fair -> 2 year hiatus > this run does literally no favor to her. I was a huge fan of Wild Side but I knew releasing Fair right after was a suicidal move and time proved me right.

I'm not saying it sounds bad but this should definitely be a nice album track, not the song you came back with. Her own fanbase has been asking for Candy Paint (the only "recent" output that is an actual uptempo) for years for a reason and they decide to come back with this. :ace:

Wild Side is her biggest lead song (in the sound that she actually wants to go for) and did well on urban radio I believe. It’s not crazy to think that they’d wanna recreate that success

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

Way more lol. I recall y'all being scared for Wild Side too. Also you all may want to think of this track as the warm up. 

@WheresJayis this the lead single?

I am rooting for her so much but why have they not announced anything?? They are letting the hype of the album cover reveal pass with nothing to benefit from it. There should've been a pre-order link and a new single to stream.

6 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Don’t think so. It’s the exact same tempo like Fair. Wild side was mid-tempo.

26 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

jesus christ. they prob are trying to build the normani nation page, she’s literally posting it on her instagram as well. y’all are insufferable. genuinely.

Sis you need to UNCLENCH, the comment was truly not that deep, I was just playing around about how messy her social media has always been :toofunny2: But glad to know the usual trope of the Normani base thread always having 2-3 regulars in it who can’t let a single remotely “critical” post slide hasn’t changed since I stopped frequenting the thread as much :zzz:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Can said:

Don’t think so. It’s the exact same tempo like Fair. Wild side was mid-tempo.

Maybe you've listened to a different Fair, but sonically that snippet sounds like WS. Its obviously not a ballad like Fair was.

And why are we having meltdowns now? That snippet was posted the same day the cover was revealed. Plus, WJ hinted at a possible double single drop.

I'll bring out my pitchfork if a single isn't announced by the end of the week.

Edited by AFullMoonlight

2 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Maybe you've listened to a different Fair, but sonically that snippet sounds like WS. Its obviously not a ballad like Fair was.

Are you crazy? How does this tempo sound like Wild Side. Sound wise it doesn’t sound like Fair, but the tempo is definitely the same if your ears are working.

3 minutes ago, Can said:

Are you crazy? How does this tempo sound like Wild Side. Sound wise it doesn’t sound like Fair, but the tempo is definitely the same if your ears are working.

My ears are working fine. Its simply not the same sonically as Fair. It doesn't sound like Fair. Its not a ballad like Fair was. Its not giving Fair. 

Plus, that's literally a freaking snippet. We don't even know what part of the song that is. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.