Normani

URBAN

23 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I don't care about the event itself. I just want to her to be at these events promoting. 

Attending the MET wouldn't help the song. Too many (bigger) stars in attendance to share the spotlight with.

• Like 1

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

5 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

Attending the MET wouldn't help the song. Too many (bigger) stars in attendance to share the spotlight with.

I don't know if this is shade or not, but she has an album coming out in six weeks. Her attending events like the MET raises her visibility. Its not like she hasn't been in attendance before. 

I can't wait for Mani to pull a 360 on us. I'm tired of the narrative "her team hates her" they need to do their big one.

2 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I don't know if this is shade or not, but she has an album coming out in six weeks. Her attending events like the MET raises her visibility. Its not like she hasn't been in attendance before. 

It's not shade.

The MET is crowded as hell. Between the Kardashians, Jenners, Zendaya, fashion girls, influencers, kpop idols and possibly Bey & Rih, Normani would get very little press coverage. Only someone who's looking for her would see her and those already know she's got a new single out and album coming soon.

The MET red carpet isn't exactly the place for in-depth music discussions.

14 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

It's not shade.

The MET is crowded as hell. Between the Kardashians, Jenners, Zendaya, fashion girls, influencers, kpop idols and possibly Bey & Rih, Normani would get very little press coverage. Only someone who's looking for her would see her and those already know she's got a new single out and album coming soon.

The MET red carpet isn't exactly the place for in-depth music discussions.

This. The only way it would've worked in her favor forreal is if she came in some show stopping look.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

This. The only way it would've worked in her favor forreal is if she came in some show stopping look.

Not just show stopping, but SHOW STOPPING.

There are so many attention wh*res in attendance that Normani would have to pull a massive stunt to stand out among the masses. It's not worth it.

She's better off rehearsing, taking pictures, filming content or simply enjoying a quiet Monday evening tbh.

1 hour ago, Scorpioojay said:

I can't wait for Mani to pull a 360 on us. I'm tired of the narrative "her team hates her" they need to do their big one.

I don't think her new team hates her at all but I can't wait for her to do something else big. I think when we get a video we're going to be really happy :jonny:

• Like 1

What awards show performance do we think she'll serve us? Since she hinted at one on twitter I've been wondering

7 minutes ago, maaricle said:

What awards show performance do we think she'll serve us? Since she hinted at one on twitter I've been wondering

BET Awards, most likely.

6 hours ago, 40_L3VE said:

I disagree both the times she went 2021 and 2022 big celebrities went and she still made it on everyone's list of fav moments both times so yeah i personally disagree 

Not to be nosy but y'all think Sean and Mani fell out?

17 minutes ago, Scorpioojay said:

Bankhead?

43 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Bankhead?

Yes

21 minutes ago, Scorpioojay said:

Yes

What makes you say that?

1 hour ago, Scorpioojay said:

She and Sean are still cool but I'm almost positive she and Blair fell out.

18 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

She and Sean are still cool but I'm almost positive she and Blair fell out.

Yes she unfollowed Blair on ig like a year ago. Could have been longer than a year. He just hasn't unfollowed her back. I think they're no longer friends. Shame because I loved every picture of her he has taken :laugh:

I think I will wait to see who is doing the choreo for Candy paint. I'm not sure about her and Bankhead.

1 hour ago, remming said:

Yes she unfollowed Blair on ig like a year ago. Could have been longer than a year. He just hasn't unfollowed her back. I think they're no longer friends. Shame because I loved every picture of her he has taken :laugh:

I think I will wait to see who is doing the choreo for Candy paint. I'm not sure about her and Bankhead.

i think mani is moving on from bankhead and honestly, because every damn body has started to work with him i'd love a different choreographer. they absolutely make magic but i'm not opposed to something different.

i wanna say parris but parris' choreography doesnt translate well in performances to me.

• Like 4

she should attend met gala since she likes modeling lol. but she should book a night show performance soon.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

i think mani is moving on from bankhead and honestly, because every damn body has started to work with him i'd love a different choreographer. they absolutely make magic but i'm not opposed to something different.

i wanna say parris but parris' choreography doesnt translate well in performances to me.

I can't deny Sean and Normani have created magic together, but it would be refreshing to see her work with a different choreographer who can also brings that same level of energy and creativity. A lot of ppl have been using him to create routines, and I understand why she might want to take a break from him for a while. Also, I've noticed that he doesn't really interact with her as much as he used to. He only liked one thing related to her on Twitter, and that was because his name was mentioned.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Speculation about when to expect the next single

If 1:59 gets sent to radio on May 13, I think the team wants that song to have "its moment" 

I think Candy Paint is for sure the next single 

From my observation, going off of how K-Pop artists release things and Ariana's release, it seems artists release the first single, and then the second single debuts with the album.
I think Candy Paint is going to debut in June time along with the album release

Unless there are other potential singles we do not know about. I think the Cut article mentioned songs like Candy Paint, Big Boi and the James Blake feature song -- I hypothesize  team presented these specific songs to the Cut because they are worthy of being singles, or are highlights from the album.

Edited by HenryHope
  • Like 3

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Screenshot_2024-05-05_at_15.00.52.png?ex

IMG_1444.thumb.gif.d670124fe091f0216cd3a

I know we can't change the past but Wild Side was the perfect lead single. I hope 1:59 is the slow burner y'all say it is. Personally I like the song, but it's possible that this just may not be the song a lot of ppl gravitate to. Can't wait to see the wigs turn around.

• Like 2

1:59 just passed 920 plays for me :clap3: 

• Like 2

Short of maybe sneaking into the Top 20 of Urban radio based on Normani's past goodwill there, 1:59 isn't going to do anything commercially. No point worrying about it. Her team needs to be finalizing the launch for Candy Paint ASAP.

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.