Normani

URBAN

2 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

All this silence has to go mean something. Maybe they're releasing different tracks very closely?? 

Also what's does FYD means? 

it means "fulfill your destiny" it's the other girl who she danced with's brand.

Edited by j_mars20

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

they really said "we all know 1:59 is coming out and that's enough let's move on!" LMFAOOSKJDJDJDJ

the challenge vid was fun tho, hoping we finally get it as a single within the next month with a music video too 

I hope she does a surprise dual single release with 1:59 and Candy Paint 

ijbol(1).thumb.gif.d017d11124c581519c373

• Like 3

It's 2024, why are they still putting energy int candy paint? Like, sis move TF on from the 2000's throwback tracks already

• Thumbs Down 4

16 minutes ago, TizTiz said:

It's 2024, why are they still putting energy int candy paint? Like, sis move TF on from the 2000's throwback tracks already

it's viral on tik tok so.. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TizTiz said:

Huh lol

Y2K is trending right now, on top of that we're in sampling hell rn and everything sounds the same or ppl are relying on older music to sell or chart.

No ones music sounds like what Normani has teased thus far, she's headed in the right direction. 

• Like 3

I sound insane but I really really hope this album is coming on the 17th or still in may or this Friday are they at least revealing the release date @WheresJay @wildsidenormani plz let us know if u can 

5 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

I sound insane but I really really hope this album is coming on the 17th or still in may or this Friday are they at least revealing the release date @WheresJay @wildsidenormani plz let us know if u can 

it was mentioned the date was changed but might still be in May . the  31st is Normani's birthday so that is possible.

Wish we knew if 1:59 is getting a WW release or am I waking up to the song tomorrow :deadbanana4: 

how can we not know anything about this release is beyond me 

1 hour ago, popularmoonlight said:

Wish we knew if 1:59 is getting a WW release or am I waking up to the song tomorrow :deadbanana4: 

how can we not know anything about this release is beyond me 

I guess nothing tonight. 

I'm thinking it's going to be like the Wild Side release-a teaser clip  released on very same day as the single: "Wild Side out TONIGHT"

5 hours ago, Arianna Kylie said:

it's viral on tik tok so.. 

it's viral too a small population of ppl, if that actually mattered, it would've been out 1-2 years ago. In the wake of releasing new music, the smartest thing to do is to focus on creating a new era. Candy Paint has no life outside the fanbase, many who don't care much anymore since the song is 2 years old. The few of you who are still holding on to audio snippets and a headphone commercial from last June- what are you holding out for? The most I'm seeing is a short live hype span from a track list addition or bonus track tack on. 

5 hours ago, Ms.cleo said:

Huh lol

Y2K is trending right now, on top of that we're in sampling hell rn and everything sounds the same or ppl are relying on older music to sell or chart.

No ones music sounds like what Normani has teased thus far, she's headed in the right direction. 

She's released "Motivation" & "Wild Side", that's enough of the throwback aesthetics. If she was headed in the right direction, we'd be on album 2 by now. This release is critical since she's been solo since 2018, save the y2k tributes and 90's cosplaying. I'd rather she actually push herself and try new sounds,  risky instrumentation & artistic lyricism, rather than chase the trend or be good at sounding dated. 

45 minutes ago, TizTiz said:

She's released "Motivation" & "Wild Side", that's enough of the throwback aesthetics. If she was headed in the right direction, we'd be on album 2 by now. This release is critical since she's been solo since 2018, save the y2k tributes and 90's cosplaying. I'd rather she actually push herself and try new sounds,  risky instrumentation & artistic lyricism, rather than chase the trend or be good at sounding dated. 

you literally have no idea how anything is going to look lol. why do y'all come in here bashing the girl? it sounds like you try to convince yourselves what she does isnt good because you're threatened lol. 

• Like 2

it's here for you to do what you wanna dooo

9 minutes ago, zeta said:

it's here for you to do what you wanna dooo

is the song out everywhere else?

4 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

is the song out everywhere else?

Out in NZ right now

So the song is… Pretty good. Gutta actually sounds good on it.. My only issue is it would sound better had I known what the heck she's saying in the first verse… Also the bridge irks me that she keeps ending with "time" instead of finding a rhyming word but that's my own personal quarrel lol (Same beef I have over Candy Paint and the "tick tick bum bumping" I hate it lol).

Overall I think the song will do well.. Do I think better than wildside??? Debatable… 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, benten010 said:

So the song is… Pretty good. Gutta actually sounds good on it.. My only issue is it would sound better had I known what the heck she's saying in the first verse… Also the bridge irks me that she keeps ending with "time" instead of finding a rhyming word but that's my own personal quarrel lol (Same beef I have over Candy Paint and the "tick tick bum bumping" I hate it lol).

Overall I think the song will do well.. Do I think better than wildside??? Debatable… 

How does the verses sound?

Perched for the video cause tbh it didn't click with me just yet

okay. after the first listen. i really like it. overall its a great comeback single; one that will sonically please fans and viewers. but.... she def could have come harder. i don't think gunna was really needed for this song. he sounds amazing and compliments her voice very well... but it's one of those songs where the feature is totally NOT needed. very proud of miss normani... this song is def giving smash. she just needs to promote and get it out there >>>> because right now; the noise is just within us (her fan-base.)

• Like 2

10/10 

• Like 2

The snippets she teased sounds good but idk about "smash".  It doesnt seem to have that pop or R&B "hit" appeal imo but will wait for the full song

the vocals at the end are divine and I think I heard a whistle  :jonny5:

• Like 5

She really is Aaliyah's daughter! 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.