Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

Please remember to use spoiler tags when discussing Joker FD

11 minutes ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

I just saw joker and I actually really liked it! Wanted more Gaga but overall I thought it was a perfectly fine film with great performances. 

1 minute ago, Nutitle said:

I just saw jFAD, OMG that was so bad :skull:

Toad Phillips when I catch you :doc:

The duality of this film is something else

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

• Replies 223.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• hausofbryan

• Artur

57 minutes ago, Funtonight15 said:

Do we know the box office prediction for second weekend for THAT movie? 
IMG-6682.gif

About 10M, 70-75% drop. People don't care 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Ok you guys keep posting about Close to Cu*m being viral and stuff but is it doing any numbers on streaming platforms like spotifyÉ :) What are the numbers there gworls

Streets are saying it's about to pass DWAS tomorrow

Spoiler

Nah, but it is doing well. Up 40% from last week at 184k

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, opbranden said:

JWuY4DK.jpeg

• Haha 9

23 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

Monthly Listeners: 105,037,157 (+3,437,782)

spacer.png

WTH what an update thread it:eli:

5 minutes ago, opbranden said:

Maybe China will save it next week 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Florence Belch said:

The duality of this film is something else

giphy.gif

I can fathom people watching it and maybe being indifferent or underwhelmed but i'm genuinely shocked people find it "bad" or "horrible"....at worst the movie is just...there. at best its fine with good performances. it's no masterpiece but the hate against it feels very, shall i say, forced. I preferred Joker:FAD to, say...Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

Edited by SUNSET BLVD
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

I can fathom people watching it and maybe being indifferent or underwhelmed but i'm genuinely shocked people find it "bad" or "horrible"....at worst the movie is just...there. at best its fine with good performances. it's no masterpiece but the hate against it feels very, shall i say, forced. I preferred Joker:FAD to, say...Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

Yeah I agree. Like at most I can understand someone getting bored by the slow-pace and find the story lacking. But to hate it as much as people are hating it? I feel like it's raging incel fueled and other people went along with it.

17 minutes ago, Denim said:

Streets are saying it's about to pass DWAS tomorrow

Hide contents

Nah, but it is doing well. Up 40% from last week at 184k

40% from nothing is still nothing. Lol, nothing is happening. 

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Yeah I agree. Like at most I can understand someone getting bored by the slow-pace and find the story lacking. But to hate it as much as people are hating it? I feel like it's raging incel fueled and other people went along with it.

yup. there's nothing offensively bad about this moving - the story is fine if unimagined, the pacing is inconsistent, but the acting and cinematography are both solid. I'm actually really bummed at the major critical and commercial failure now having seen it. Doesn't deserve the tidal wave of hate. It was obviously much much much better than House of Gucci, which I found genuinely tedious - borderline painful - to sit through.

Edited by SUNSET BLVD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

yup. there's nothing offensively bad about this moving - the story is fine if unimagined, the pacing is inconsistent, but the acting and cinematography are both solid. I'm actually really bummed at the major critical and commercial failure now having seen it. Doesn't deserve the tidal wave of hate. It was obviously much much much better than House of Gucci, which I found genuinely tedious - borderline painful - to sit through.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy it.. But HoG was at least amusing and funny at points. JFAD literally shouldn't have even existed, given how pointless the entire "story" was, and there's no worse insult to a movie. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

As I've mentioned before, I think context is everything in these situations.

While FaD isn't the worst movie of the year, it's the sequel that carried the highest expectations—and ended up shattering them all. People were incredibly excited to see Gaga as Harley, only to get a hollow version of the character.

In my opinion, it's a bad movie with some redeeming qualities, but I don't think it's overhated. It's more that it was the most disappointing film of the year, which is why people were so upset. Now, no one's really talking about it anymore—the conversation has died. It'll be remembered only for its box office failure and soon forgotten.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

40% from nothing is still nothing. Lol, nothing is happening. 

Now sis be nice to Denim, they're so sweet and give great radio updates 

:gaycat1:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

I'm glad you were able to enjoy it.. But HoG was at least amusing and funny at points. JFAD literally shouldn't have even existed, given how pointless the entire "story" was, and there's no worse insult to a movie. :deadbanana2:

agree to disagree. i never really got the humor of that movie, and frankly the narrative people tried to build around it as "camp" felt really forced. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

also - this is how i feel about the newest Beetlejuice movie. a very forced, paper-thin plot to justify a sequel.

12 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

10 minutes ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

I agree, it wasn't bad just boring as hell.

it would've been at least serviceable/decent if:

Spoiler

They shorten the courtroom scenes, which were rather pointless. (they saw him blow a guys brains out on live TV, of course he's guilty)
Harley is the one who blows up the courthouse, they escape together and go on a killing spree, maybe rob a bank or something else sinister as the third act.

Then he could still get captured and 'killed' or whatever at the end.

Movie fixed.

1 minute ago, Dula Peep said:

I agree, it wasn't bad just boring as hell.

it would've been at least serviceable/decent if:

Hide contents

They shorten the courtroom scenes, which were rather pointless. (they saw him blow a guys brains out on live TV, of course he's guilty)
Harley is the one who blows up the courthouse, they escape together and go on a killing spree, maybe rob a bank or something else sinister as the third act.

Then he could still get captured and 'killed' or whatever at the end.

Movie fixed.

i dont think the courtroom scenes felt as pointless as many say  -  they showed the impact that Lee has on Arthur as he is internally torn between being Joker to earn/maintain her love and to just be Arthur, which may be the way to spare his life and only be institutionalized. The scenes with Gary Puddle also show his understanding of how his actions had consequences thus leading him to choose to eschew the Joker persona and losing Lee in the process. maybe they were boring, but they weren't pointless!

5 minutes ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

i dont think the courtroom scenes felt as pointless as many say  -  they showed the impact that Lee has on Arthur as he is internally torn between being Joker to earn/maintain her love and to just be Arthur, which may be the way to spare his life and only be institutionalized. The scenes with Gary Puddle also show his understanding of how his actions had consequences thus leading him to choose to eschew the Joker persona and losing Lee in the process. maybe they were boring, but they weren't pointless!

all that was fine, just should've been condensed to maybe a half hour, tops... 

All the people who hate JFAD are the ones that likes movies like Venom or Deadpool so...

giphy.gif

I have a feeling LG7 will be basically be a step up of chromatica or "what chromatica should've been".  Similiar situation where "a star is a born" was a step up off "Joan". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hausofdave said:

Joker: Folie à Deux 105,037,157 Opening Week

spacer.png

Now that would have been nice.

giphy.gif

Gaga…where are youuuuu? Come out and play with us. We just wanna talk for a minute trust :) 

Anyone else can't get J:FaD out of their head? I've never tried crack but I can imagine this is what withdrawals are like :chick1:

It truly hit the home run for me and I'm not upset it flopped, but I am sad that many of us aren't appreciating Gar's spectacular performance because it did flop :chick1: lots of us just want to bury this and move onto the LG7 which even Gaga seems to be doing but I'm sad we let these ugly incels win, we should still be gagging over the performance she gave us.

When she's saying goodbye to Arthur on the staircase scene and her singing on top of that. This talented legend. seriously one of my favorite moments ever in cinema history :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.