Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

The Joker is clearly the highlight of the album. It's actually just an incredible moment all around. 

Like HMH, Happy Mistake will be forgotten. 

It's "nice" but it's very safe & it's too anticlimactic. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 214.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

5 minutes ago, Miss Fortune said:

The Joker is clearly the highlight of the album. It's actually just an incredible moment all around. 

Like HMH, Happy Mistake will be forgotten. 

It's "nice" but it's very safe & it's too anticlimactic. 

I like The Joker when it has more of the harsher vocals, but then she varies between that and theater-kid style vocals that just don't really fit IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

anyone a little worried about the commercial performance of LG7? Not because of Harlequin...that's its own thing but I just dont see how Gaga is going to push anything close to first week #s from Chromatica tbh. I think a lot of us were expecting her career to get a major boost thanks to Joker but it seems like that will be minimal (thoguh it will still boost her catalog because its still major exposure)...I just wonder how it could open with 200k or even close to that especially if the music is EDM heavy which some of the snippets had elements of a dated edm sound tbh. I'm curious to see how this goes. Gaga always surprises us and tends to overperform in the most random times so maybe LG7 will experience that too

• Thumbs Down 1

Serving "twitter is suppressing my tweets...like & retweet to prove me wrong" vibes :eli:

Spoiler

trophy for Happy Mistake :eli: 

I'm not majorly worried about LG7's success, sure it might seem like a warning sign that Harlequin isn't buzzing anywhere, but I'm going to convert that into positive thinking and say that they've decided to keep their major investments for the LG7 era so letting this slip by quietly is all part of the plan. There's a chance in 3 weeks that DWAS will still be very high on the Spotify charts, maybe not #1 but high enough, hopefully they look at it's metrics for playlist rather than anything off Harlequin. Plus the time between October and February is long enough to focus on building the success up for the single and doing any damage control. But I'm not sure Harlequin will have damaged LG7's chances enough that they're overly worried about it.

• Like 2

I'd swear that someone had the nerve to say that Happy Mistake was on the same league as ARUTW :skull: Girl... It's cute and deeply personal, but that's it. 

Angel Down, for instance, is far better. Period :)

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I just dont see how Gaga is going to push anything close to first week #s from Chromatica tbh.

she won't :suburban:

but hopefully it serves more longevity than Nurtecatica

Lady_Gaga__Free_Woman_Live_from_the_Chro

• Like 2

I Don't Know What Love Is is the weakest duet on ASIB :sorry:

(Not counting that "collab" of INLA (Film Version))

• Like 1

We really don't know how LG7 will do without hearing it. 

The explosion of DWAS and then the predictable lack of any noise from Harlequin as soon as found out it was almost all covers and jazzy kinda prove that. 

If she picks the right lead and has a second single right as the album comes, she could do 300K. If she has a Stupid Love twin as a lead and then follows with Dope's cousin, then she'll be doing 100K. :rip: Streaming makes the variations huge based on if you have a hit attached to it or not. 

Edited by hausofbryan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

I Don't Know What Love Is is the weakest duet on ASIB :sorry:

(Not counting that "collab" of INLA (Film Version))

And it's still wonderful and really sweet :-*

• Like 3

I think the lead will do well and end up top 5. Or 10 in the worst case. Feel like Happy Mistakes was a test to see if a song could do well with decent playlisting but no real push so I believe they'll go hard for Garden of Eden now that they saw this just didn't work.

Either way this album was a nice little surprise, basically a C2C/L4S but without Tony and an inoffensive addition to her catalogue — we don't have to panic if it doesn't do that well at the end of the day  :gaygacat4:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dumbledore said:

And it's still wonderful and really sweet :-*

Kinda makes sense that Gaga became the new ballad queen of her generation when even the worst ballad of her discography is still a 7/10 :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

We aren't taking about Folie a Deux (the song) enough… like WOW. This is the original "jazz" (or is it classical? Idek) song I've wanted from her for so long and she knocked it out of the park. Incredible. 

Idk maybe I'm a little dense with this kind of stuff, but I don't think they genuinely believed Happy Mistake was going to take off, but they probably have a minimum amount of playlists they choose to outreach to, so it was going to pop up in some places regardless of their want to push it or not. Does anyone know what Happy Mistake's first day playlist outreach is vs. DWAS on its first day?

I think that, even with Gaga being sporadic releasing this now, they know they're releasing a pop single in a matter of weeks - even more reason to not push a "single" from this project. I'm not sure they even expected DWAS to be doing numbers like it's doing this many weeks post release. :skull: 

1 minute ago, Jack! said:

Idk maybe I'm a little dense with this kind of stuff, but I don't think they genuinely believed Happy Mistake was going to take off, but they probably have a minimum amount of playlists they choose to outreach to, so it was going to pop up in some places regardless of their want to push it or not. Does anyone know what Happy Mistake's first day playlist outreach is vs. DWAS on its first day?

I think that, even with Gaga being sporadic releasing this now, they know they're releasing a pop single in a matter of weeks - even more reason to not push a "single" from this project. I'm not sure they even expected DWAS to be doing numbers like it's doing this many weeks post release. :skull: 

I dont think Gaga expects much from this release and put it out for us to enjoy and for her own enjoyment as a musician. The album isn't available from a single retailer outside of her store (like DoC was for MONTHS), she announced it at last second, there's no music video for a song, it likely cost a LOT less to produce than LG7. It's also under her own label imprint and not under Interscope, who would be getting less money from promoting this. It's a passion project meant to be a companion to the movie and a gift to us (literally like The Gift from Bey lol). This already is performing better than Love For Sale INSTANTLY with next to no promotion except a loose thread to a movie that isn't even out yet. The reviews are good (regardless of what some people are trying to spin), and she seems happy with the project. Just enjoy it while its out and we end up transitioning to LG7 in the next few weeks anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lil Mxnster said:

I'd swear that someone had the nerve to say that Happy Mistake was on the same league as ARUTW :skull: Girl... It's cute and deeply personal, but that's it. 

Angel Down, for instance, is far better. Period :)

Spill it

31 minutes ago, Jack! said:

The fact they didn't even send CDs or Vinyls to any retailers says enough tbh :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.