Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Today i was in the car with my best friend and we started to listen to Harlequin. He never cared about Gaga before but he was so impressed by her talent that he decided to buy the album. A new liddo was born 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

• Replies 214.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

Just now, Nando_05 said:

Today i was in the car with my best friend and we started to listen to Harlequin. He never cared about Gaga before but he was so impressed by her talent that he decided to buy the album. A new liddo was born 

And then you woke up 

:ryan3:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

All the threads and fighting today :rip: 

you can tell people were waiting to call out Gaga for meh chart performance (but you can say that about most pop stars on this forum, people love a tear down!)

but again… anyone expecting anything from this to succeed commercially was just setting themselves up. 

can't wait for the lg7 lead… I hope we know the date by the 11th at the latest 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Miracle said:

The way Gaga's gonna have to add at least DWAS and HM (and prolly The Joker tbh) to the (likely) 2025 stadium tour + an entire album...I do hope she finally gets rid of old songs

As long as applause is back on the setlist she can do whatever tf she wants 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

And then you woke up 

:ryan3:

Noooo :deadbanana2:

I think its because he doesn't care about pop music. He doesn't even know who Olivia, Sabrina, Billie, Chappel are. But he really liked Harlequin. 

• Like 2

Gaga doesn't have any fillers on any of her main studio albums, maybe Money Honey (still a bop).

BTW bonus tracks, Jewels and Drugs, Donatella, Come to Mama, Fun Tonight, and 1000 Doves are all well justified thematically in the context of their albums. They tend to be disliked because they're too abrasive, too left-field or perhaps sonically redundant, but they don't really bloat the album because they keep adding something to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nando_05 said:

I think its because he doesn't care about pop music. He doesn't even know who Olivia, Sabrina, Billie, Chappel are. But he really liked Harlequin. 

Please tell us he at least knows who Ava Max is! :dancehall3:

1 minute ago, Nando_05 said:

I'm just teasing, love! :heart: 

I'm glad he enjoyed. 

43 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

This is the last pop album we will get for the next 8-10 years because she will leave to become a mother, so I'd be happy with at least 15

Reveal hidden contents

or 25 :eli:

43 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Anyone wanting a shorter album always confuses me...I got it when CDs were physical so you bought the whole thing but as of right now...even if there's filler,  you can just choose which songs you prefer. Some people will find the "fillers" essential. Only thing is that critics still have a boner for albums with less tracks...so best solution is to just release a standard version and then a deluxe with 3 more tracks two weeks later lol

Call me old fashioned but I think it's better to have fewer songs that are great then some great and some good ones. Makes the album a more cohesive and logical experience, rather then sounding like a mixtape.

If there are more songs there can always be on a delux :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

All the threads and fighting today :rip: 

you can tell people were waiting to call out Gaga for meh chart performance (but you can say that about most pop stars on this forum, people love a tear down!)

but again… anyone expecting anything from this to succeed commercially was just setting themselves up. 

can't wait for the lg7 lead… I hope we know the date by the 11th at the latest 

Fortunately, given it's basically a covers album, none of the Gaga stans actually care enough to meltdown. :rip: Just perchedT for her next single (and to surpass 100M listeners.)

:gaygacat4:

• Like 2

Just now, Thin White Duke said:

Call me old fashioned but I think it's better to have fewer songs that are great then some great and some good ones. Makes the album a more cohesive and logical experience, rather then sounding like a mixtape.

I feel like she did a good job with that with BTW and BTW Bonus version tbh.

The additions are ok, but would've weighed down the standard as a cohesive piece. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

If Gaga made an album with a mixture of Just Another Day, Look What I Found, and World On A String, it'd be 5x platinum in the US.

Just sharing FAX.

:lakitu:

Lmao

28 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

If Gaga made an album with a mixture of Just Another Day, Look What I Found, and World On A String, it'd be 5x platinum in the US.

Just sharing FAX.

The absolute taste displayed here (and the absolute lack of it in the reactions) :clap3:

• Like 1

Gar needs to take LoveGame out of the setlist of her next tour, nothing against it but there are better songs in her discography 

stephm.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thin White Duke said:

The absolute taste displayed here (and the absolute lack of it in the reactions) :clap3:

She dabbles and dances around that sound over and over, but if she fully dove in, whew. The acclaim and sales she'd see. She's one of the ONLY (if not the only) pop girl that can pull that vocal style off over those instrumentals. 

• Like 2

and the numbers are exactly the same.  Can't wait for Day 2 when they fall below 143's 2nd day.

A Katy fan comment on the Spotify thread. These people never learn :rip:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Thin White Duke said:

People say this but this is not actually true. Less songs does not mean all those songs will be of stellar quality. Like look at Adele's 30 or 143. Both short albums. Are they all excellent?

And it doesn't work like that. The song you loathe will be someone else's favorite and vice versa.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.