Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Arguably, the only time she wasn't ahead of the trends was in 2013 when EDM was exploding and she released an EDM album at the end of that said trend, even if she did it better than everyone :rip:

• Like 1

• Replies 165.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Just now, jesus del rey said:

Thank you sis, for my next milestone I am going to try listening to PIss 5 times in a row :heart:

You'll see your taste increase exponentially :heart:

Edited by Dear Reader

Just now, Daglazzo said:

It's actually 1:1 and I'm surprised she's copying her that much :clown:

Can she copy her by stealing her choreographer instead? :suburban:

i hear she has a history of doing so :suburban:

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Daglazzo said:

It's actually 1:1 and I'm surprised she's copying her that much :clown:

don't act shocked

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

The way it sounds EXACTLY like SL is creepy

I'm usually first one to call these alleged comparisons as reaching, but holy **** :bibliahh:the same beat, same instruments, same key, same progression skjskgs GODga the trendsetter you are!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Komet said:

I'm usually first one to call these alleged comparisons as reaching, but holy **** :bibliahh:the same beat, same instruments, same key, same progression skjskgs GODga the trendsetter you are!

I can say the same about me! But this time I listened and just couldn't believe it how obvious it is it literally deserves to be a thread 

I'm glad that as a fanbase we can agree that stupid noise is one of her worst songs so we can safely drag the other girl

:ryan3:

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 4

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I thought we knew by now that Gaga is always AGES ahead of trends, making her projects seem critically panned, just to copies being made years later and be critically acclaimed. She's very avant- garde and nobody can take that away from her and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

Oh we been knew. What's surprising is how Katy went straight to Chromatica and didn't even try a stripped down/country/americana era, which ironically would have benefited her career the most.

Every single Gaga album sans ARTPOP has been forward-looking and well ahead of trends. We'll def be seeing LG7 spillover in like 2026/2027.

• Like 5

I mean if I were a recording artist I'd be looking at what Gaga's doing because it's usually indicative of what's to come. But if I were Gaga I'd get annoyed sometimes (and I would then channel that frustration by firing my choreographer :eli:

• Haha 4

Just now, Aden said:

Oh we been knew. What's surprising is how Katy went straight to Chromatica and didn't even try a stripped down/country/americana era, which ironically would have benefited her career the most.

No shade to Katy, but she wouldn't be able to pull it off in the way that Gaga did. She could NEVER have her Million Reasons moment, not anymore. 

• Like 2

Just now, Aston Martin said:

I mean if I were a recording artist I'd be looking at what Gaga's doing because it's usually indicative of what's to come. But if I were Gaga I'd get annoyed sometimes (and I would then channel that frustration by firing my choreographer :eli:

I'd feel flattered tbh. It's amazing how she never got her ego inflated or shaded anyone (aside her feud with Katy in 2013) because of inspiration like a certain older artist. It shows you that she's in it for the art and inspiring others. 

• Like 4

Just now, Dear Reader said:

I'd feel flattered tbh. It's amazing how she never got her ego inflated or shaded anyone (aside her feud with Katy in 2013) because of inspiration like a certain older artist. It shows you that she's in it for the art and inspiring others. 

All true. I'm so glad she's not perpetuating the cycle of how some of her idols treated her. The world has enough negativity as it is :heart:

• Like 6

Just now, Daglazzo said:

I can say the same about me! But this time I listened and just couldn't believe it how obvious it is it literally deserves to be a thread 

I can't believe this is just a coincidence.

I still think that Katy or Capitol may be intentionally generating online discussions and potentially orchestrating the "Gaga vs Katy" narrative again to attract attention. :rip: 

I know it sounds crazy but... 

20 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Oh honey, I do have a job, thanks for asking. You're attacking me for no reason.

Did something happen to you today? If so, I'm sorry and I hope you feel better. I wish you the best.

Thanks for asking, to be fair it's not an easy day 🧡

How's your day going?

I understand that is a controversial opinion, but I personally think that SL is not as bad as some people suggest.

Yeah, it's not her best. Definitely not.

But it's a mid-cute fun song... :michael:

SL's video is, on the other hand, worse than the Samara tape from The Ring, and I cannot defend that in any way....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Thanks for asking, to be fair it's not an easy day 🧡

How's your day going?

Come here, honey spacer.png

It will get better, stay strong :heart:

Edited by ToniGaga96

5 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

I understand that is a controversial opinion, but I personally think that SL is not as bad as some people suggest.

SL's video is, on the other hand, worse than the Samara tape from The Ring, and I cannot defend that in any way....

I usually shade Stupid Nose, but I actually have fun listening to it and rarely skip it. I loved it at the Chroma Ball 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Agreed. It's one thing to call it a tank but a bad song? Nah, it's a fun little gem.

I actually don't even hate the video that much. I just love dragging her team and their bizarre ideas like recording whole comebacks on an iPhone.

G8lsTB8.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I wish Gaga would get competitive again and use a power move on Katy and put her back in her place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More Brazilian certs

Just Dance - Diamond
Telephone - Diamond
Million Reasons - Diamond
911 - Diamond
Marry The Night - 3x Platinum
La Vie En Rose - Platinum

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.