Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

1 hour ago, Tropical said:

Despite obsessing over certain Chromatica songs, I find myself having no excitement whatsoever for her future music projects. I think it's cause I feel like she isn't excited about her pop music anymore? Idk, late night thoughts. 

I am more excited for her acting career than her music, but it is just because I have found interest in other types of music. If you have convinced yourself that she is not excited about pop music anymore then you feeling this way makes sense. But you should know that is a narrative that she has never confirmed and is fully and wholly a stan narrative because she did not promote Chromatica during a global pandemic.

50 minutes ago, truthteller said:

i think she's on strike with the SAG union :deadbanana2:

If she is part of the union, she has no choice. :rip: 

• Replies 213.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

Chromatica is actually a good concept album and one of her most cohesive projects. Y’all do too much on that album bc the pandemic effected its rollout lol.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Chromatica is actually a good concept album and one of her most cohesive projects. Y’all do too much on that album bc the pandemic effected its rollout lol.

Not to mention it was the "dance bops" her fanbase spent nearly a decade begging for. I do not know what it is about this fanbase, but most of the people's brains are rotted to the point of not being able to enjoy something unless it is #1 for ten weeks.

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

don't get me started.... i will never forgive covid for destroying the rollout

• Like 1

Is there any way that this strike can free us from Richy? 

3 minutes ago, PMM said:

don't get me started.... i will never forgive covid for destroying the rollout

Yea it was foul and frustrating bc Gaga is one of those artists the music blossoms more on stage to fully grasp her vision behind the song.

7 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Not to mention it was the "dance bops" her fanbase spent nearly a decade begging for. I do not know what it is about this fanbase, but most of the people's brains are rotted to the point of not being able to enjoy something unless it is #1 for ten weeks.

One of the biggest issues since ARTPOP is Gaga and Monsters clashing on her career direction. She clearly wants to be taken more seriously and become an all around versatile entertainer, therefore music isn’t her sole passion anymore bc she made a name for herself in that realm. So I believe every other era she gonna do something she loves (i.e. Joanne/Jazz) then something she thinks Monsters would love (i.e. Chromatica) the next era. 

Certain Monsters need to accept she never been a huge commercial marketing artist churning out hit after hit – that’s never been her brand. She hit the jackpot early in her career by being different and wanting different to be normal. Personally I like to see her still do pop + score a hit but in an authentic way that’s still GAGA but a mature version that makes her happy and not trying to pander to everyone.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Bimbo said:

ROM being the lipsync song for tonight's Drag Race and them visibly not knowing the lyrics

abmSBZI.gif

*Drag Race spoiler below*

And they both won like wtf. :skull: Especially disappointing they didn't use the song for a liddo like Kandy to perform to, I'm sure she would have turned it out.

Joanne is a good album, and it's one of her best era.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

That has always been a delusional view and narrative carried from haters or not real fans mostly.

Maybe pre 2018 but after ASIB you’re 100% right 

Wait does no promo for the strike include her migraine pill ads

ezgif-5-b867177c5f.thumb.gif.7a93f41f89e

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, killer_rose said:

She can record all she wants in her home studio.

Babe she sold that place YEARS ago 

spacer.png

Edited by luckythisway

Yeah I think it’s safe to say that if there was any doubt before the strike almost guarantees Gaga will be keeping a low profile for the rest of the year.

2024 - 2025 is where her chips are stacked, both with Joker and whatever her next musical projects are. Good luck to this Base’s collective sanity in the meantime :rip:

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Yeah I think it’s safe to say that if there was any doubt before the strike almost guarantees Gaga will be keeping a low profile for the rest of the year.

2024 - 2025 is where her chips are stacked, both with Joker and whatever her next musical projects are. Good luck to this Base’s collective sanity in the meantime :rip:

No it basically ensures that her snob/movie fans are on HOLD/SCRAPPED and she can record and release music since she's literally not allowed to do anything else. Thank you Fran Drescher! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, besaid said:

No it basically ensures that her snob/movie fans are on HOLD/SCRAPPED and she can record and release music since she's literally not allowed to do anything else. Thank you Fran Drescher! 

Fran did this just so Gaga would focus working on The Nanny musical. She saw the Chromatica Ball Tour editing post and got worried 

2 hours ago, Tropical said:

Despite obsessing over certain Chromatica songs, I find myself having no excitement whatsoever for her future music projects. I think it's cause I feel like she isn't excited about her pop music anymore? Idk, late night thoughts. 

2 hours ago, Brooke Candy said:

Because overall as an album, Chromatica is a disappointment. Just like Joanne. She lost her magic. She can’t make good albums anymore. 

I agree with you both. She lost her magic after 2013. ASIB was her best effort with some career highlights, but her own studio albums are lacking something. 

2 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

Yeah that's your opinion. Doesn't mean it's true.

and just how you may feel they’re great albums, that’s your opinion and doesn’t mean it’s true :hug:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

I agree with you both. She lost her magic after 2013. ASIB was her best effort with some career highlights, but her own studio albums are lacking something. 

and just how you may feel they’re great albums, that’s your opinion and doesn’t mean it’s true :hug:

Thanks and gather that RAT :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, PlERRE said:

Is there any way that this strike can free us from Richy? 

A swift strike to the head could free the world from him permanently, but I will not condone violence. :eli: 

50 minutes ago, Devin said:

Yea it was foul and frustrating bc Gaga is one of those artists the music blossoms more on stage to fully grasp her vision behind the song.

One of the biggest issues since ARTPOP is Gaga and Monsters clashing on her career direction. She clearly wants to be taken more seriously and become an all around versatile entertainer, therefore music isn’t her sole passion anymore bc she made a name for herself in that realm. So I believe every other era she gonna do something she loves (i.e. Joanne/Jazz) then something she thinks Monsters would love (i.e. Chromatica) the next era. 

Certain Monsters need to accept she never been a huge commercial marketing artist churning out hit after hit – that’s never been her brand. She hit the jackpot early in her career by being different and wanting different to be normal. Personally I like to see her still do pop + score a hit but in an authentic way that’s still GAGA but a mature version that makes her happy and not trying to pander to everyone.

Yeah, a lot of them still treat her like she is a new artist who needs to be everywhere at all times. They also claim she has "lost her magic" but still dedicate hours every day talking about her on a forum so things are not making much sense here. :jonny: No other fanbase writes their own fave off because they did not like a singular album. It is a good thing she is focusing on her career the way she wants to.

• Like 1

I don't think the problem is the music itself, but the entire era "experience". Either by her team and her own fault, or by things they couldn't control, Gaga's last 3 eras were a mess. Last minute changes, rushed moments and unplanned situations.

ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica could've been so much bigger with better single choices, more visuals, performances, etc. Yeah, the albums have a couple of really bad songs, but also some of her best. 

Eh, I don't really care about the era experience anymore. Even the new girls aren't doing proper eras anymore. Streaming has ruined that.

My big issue with Chromatica was that the music, mainly the production, was subpar. It lacked the soul and creativity from her previous projects. It felt like she was performing Gaga to shut fans up rather than making the music she actually wanted to make. I don't want producers forcing her to go to the studio; I want her to make an album because she's passionate and wants to make it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, besaid said:

2024 - 2025 is when we would most likely see the results of anything she records this year like I said especially with a strike ongoing. It would be a win if she decides to continue working on music past whatever the secret project is — having a side project, a soundtrack and LG7 all lined up is a concept I can get behind.

5 hours ago, Outlaws said:

I blame the btch for not releasing this shite WAY earlier. 

Her team is the pits. I despise them all.

Like what happened to the supposed Zane Lowe interview & December 2022 release? It would’ve been perfect timing to coincide with BM smashing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.