Christina Aguilera

Inception

Throw back to the first time she performed Slow Down Baby entirely live. :heart:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

Out of interest here are some of the countries where Xtina has scored most of her top 10 hits.

Australia

#1 Lady Marmalade

#1 Beautiful

#1 Say Something

#2 Genie in a Bottle

#2 Car Wash

#2 Candyman

#2 Moves Like Jagger [Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera]

#4 Dirrty

#5 What a Girl Wants

#5 Fighter

#5 Can't Hold Us Down

#5 Tilt Ya Head Back [Nelly featuring Christina Aguilera]

#6 Ain't No Other Man

#6 Feel This Moment [Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera]

#8 Nobody Wants To Be Lonely [Ricky Martin featuring Christina Aguilera]

#8 The Voice Within

#9 Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)

#9 Hurt

= 18 top 10s

United Kingdom

#1 Genie in a Bottle

#1 Lady Marmalade

#1 Dirrty

#1 Beautiful

#2 Ain't No Other Man

#2 Moves Like Jagger [Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera]

#3 What a Girl Wants

#3 Fighter

#4 Nobody Wants To Be Lonely [Ricky Martin featuring Christina Aguilera]

#4 Car Wash

#4 Say Something

#5 Tilt Ya Head Back [Nelly featuring Christina Aguilera]

#5 Feel This Moment [Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera]

#6 Can't Hold Us Down

#8 Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)

#8 Tell Me [Diddy featuring Christina Aguilera]

#9 The Voice Within

= 17 top 10s.

Ireland

#1 Lady Marmalade

#1 Dirrty

#1 Beautiful

#1 Moves Like Jagger [Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera]

#2 Genie in a Bottle

#3 Ain't No Other Man

#4 Fighter

#4 The Voice Within

#5 Can't Hold Us Down

#5 Car Wash

#6 Hurt

#6 Say Something

#7 What a Girl Wants

#8 Tell Me [Diddy featuring Christina Aguilera]

#9 Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)

= 15 top 10s

Canada

#1 Genie in a Bottle

#1 Beautiful

#1 Say Something

#3 Fighter

#4 Ain't No Other Man

#4 Keeps Gettin' Better

#4 Feel This Moment [Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera]

#5 What a Girl Wants

#5 Dirrty

#6 Nobody Wants To Be Lonely [Ricky Martin featuring Christina Aguilera]

#9 Candyman

#10 I Turn To You

#10 The Voice Within

#10 Your Body

= 15 top 10s

New Zealand

#1 What a Girl Wants

#1 Nobody Wants To Be Lonely [Ricky Martin featuring Christina Aguilera]

#1 Lady Marmalade

#1 Beautiful

#2 Genie in a Bottle

#2 Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)

#2 Can't Hold Us Down

#2 Car Wash

#2 Candyman

#2 Say Something

#4 Tilt Ya Head Back [Nelly featuring Christina Aguilera]

#5 Ain't No Other Man

#5 Feel This Moment [Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera]

#8 Show Me How You Burlesque

= 15 top 10s

United States

#1 Genie in a Bottle

#1 What a Girl Wants

#1 Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)

#1 Lady Marmalade

#2 Beautiful

#3 I Turn To You

#4 Say Something

#6 Ain't No Other Man

#7 Keeps Gettin' Better

#8 Feel This Moment [Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera]

= 11 top 10s

Notes:

• Xtina has performed best in the anglosphere than in other markets. 
  • "Show Me How You Burlesque" (2010) and "Your Body" (2012) represent her solo top 10 hits in the 2010s.
  • "Show Me How You Burlesque" peaked at #8 in NZ despite not being released as single; the song charted due to the success of Burlesque in the country. 
  • "Car Wash" and "Dirrty" ranked within the top 5 of most countries outside of the United States.

Edited by Beautiful Garbage

Also worth mentioning that all her singles from her first three studio albums, as well as all orphan singles and collaborations released in the 2000s and Keeps Gettin' Better (off of her greatest hits) peaked within the top 10 of at least one of these countries. :clap3:

2 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Also worth mentioning that all her singles from her first three studio albums, as well as all orphan singles and collaborations released in the 2000s and Keeps Gettin' Better (off of her greatest hits) peaked within the top 10 of at least one of these countries. :clap3:

Wow Car Wash was so massive world wide. RCA should have push it more in the US & it shouldn’t have been used for a children film.

It should have been a stand alone single or from a new album.

8 hours ago, on the line said:

I miss Xtina. Is she up to anything in ingles?

She’s apparently working on her next album. It’ll be out in 3 years probably. :coffee:

1 hour ago, Death & Decay said:

She’s apparently working on her next album. It’ll be out in 3 years probably. :coffee:

Woof. But thanks for info.

18 hours ago, Power love said:

Wow Car Wash was so massive world wide. RCA should have push it more in the US & it shouldn’t have been used for a children film.

It should have been a stand alone single or from a new album.

Car Wash was indeed a big hit across Europe and Australia/NZ and it's often overlooked. But I love the funky vibe it's got, same with Tilt Ya Head Back she was already making way for Baby Jane. 

Had it been available on Spotify I'm sure it would've pulled good numbers, at very least 70/80M. 

10 hours ago, ReH2o said:

@Beautiful Garbage Good job :clap3:

Kinda surprise with Car Wash and TYHB peaks :jonny4:

Thanks! 

Yeah, too bad America paid them dust but both Car Wash and TYHB and Tell Me were certified hits across the globe.

Plus, can we congratulate Canada for making Your Body an organic top 10 hit? Take a look at its chart-run:

13-21-17-17-15-15-11-10-15-23-29-35-45-66-76-OUT

The way Your Body peaked 2 months after its release with absolute 0 promo. :jonny4:

the UK TASTE

United Kingdom

#1 Genie in a Bottle

#1 Lady Marmalade

#1 Dirrty

#1 Beautiful

love it. car wash was such a hit back in the day. I remember listening to it a lot on TV mainly.

4 minutes ago, theweekend said:

the UK TASTE

United Kingdom

#1 Genie in a Bottle

#1 Lady Marmalade

#1 Dirrty

#1 Beautiful

love it. car wash was such a hit back in the day. I remember listening to it a lot on TV mainly.

:clap3:

I also love how huge Stripped was in the UK. You guys literally gave her two #1s, another top 3 and two remainder top 10 singles. And a 6x platinum album, wtf. 

The Brits love legend, wbk.

07C78057-CC22-5BDE-5BD3A434B981C5FA.jpg

working at the car wash

UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAHH YAEAAAHH

xtina-christina-aguilera.gif

at the car wash yeah

WHOOOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEeEeeAaAHHHHHhhhh

xtina-christina-aguilera.gif

2 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Had it been available on Spotify I'm sure it would've pulled good numbers, at very least 70/80M. 

Why isn’t it on streaming platforms?

13 minutes ago, Power love said:

Why isn’t it on streaming platforms?

I think it is under Universal, they have to make it available. Sadly it's got nothing to do with Xtina/RCAncient. We don't even have the music video in HD on YouTube. 

When do you guys think we are getting the English album? 2023 or 2024?

1 hour ago, Power love said:

When do you guys think we are getting the English album? 2023 or 2024?

Don't think we're getting anything this year tbh. There are literally no rumors whatsoever apart from herself saying that she's been working on it. 

On 4/26/2023 at 10:15 AM, Beautiful Garbage said:

The 00s were really her decade of solo success as her 00s collabs were hit and miss on the charts while her solo singles were always a guaranteed success. In the 10s decade, her collabs became the guaranteed smashers. No shame in that given that she has the best of both worlds under her belt.

It'll be interesting to see where this decade takes her given how ageist the music industry is towards women in their 40s.

1 hour ago, La Reina said:

The 00s were really her decade of solo success as her 00s collabs were hit and miss on the charts while her solo singles were always a guaranteed success. In the 10s decade, her collabs became the guaranteed smashers. No shame in that given that she has the best of both worlds under her belt.

It'll be interesting to see where this decade takes her given how ageist the music industry is towards women in their 40s.

Given that everything nowadays is streaming fueled I'm not holding my breath for another hit from her, tbh. Unless something really unexpected goes viral. 

6 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Given that everything nowadays is streaming fueled I'm not holding my breath for another hit from her, tbh. Unless something really unexpected goes viral. 

It's not too late to release "Bound to You" as a single and give it the classic ballad treatment that it so deserved. :jamming: The GP really stans Burlesque. The soundtrack charted for over a year in the US and still charting in the UK as we speak. Plus, it just went Top 10 this year on Netflix globally! :clap3:

Just now, La Reina said:

It's not too late to release "Bound to You" as a single and give it the classic ballad treatment that it so deserved. :jamming: The GP really stans Burlesque. The soundtrack charted for over a year in the US and still charting in the UK as we speak. Plus, it just went Top 10 this year on Netflix globally! :clap3:

Yeah, I feel like anything from Burlesque could easily go viral. I feel like they sort of tried it with Show Me How You Burlesque a while back? 

Also, they could use Haunted House for the 2nd season of Wednesday. :-*

5 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

This is one of the reasons why stan wars here over sales are so funny to me. Like, this song is fantastic and Christina performed it once? I think? lol. Some artists just put out their craft and assume people will listen to it. Bless her heart :rip:

I love the idea of it showing up on Wednesday. It is the best Addams family related music I've come across (I grew up watching old YT vids of the original show), and I'm including all the soundtracks and the Tiktok stuff, etc.

3 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Yeah, I feel like anything from Burlesque could easily go viral. I feel like they sort of tried it with Show Me How You Burlesque a while back? 

Yes, "Show Me How You Burlesque" went viral on TikTok back in 2020 because of her iconic riff in the song. We need another moment like that. :-*

BTW thanks for that list! The fact that Xtina has more top 10s in Australia, Canada, Ireland, NZ, and the UK shows how underappreciated she is in the US.

7 minutes ago, elevate said:

This is one of the reasons why stan wars here over sales are so funny to me. Like, this song is fantastic and Christina performed it once? I think? lol. Some artists just put out their craft and assume people will listen to it. Bless her heart :rip:

I love the idea of it showing up on Wednesday. It is the best Addams family related music I've come across (I grew up watching old YT vids of the original show), and I'm including all the soundtracks and the Tiktok stuff, etc.

Yeah, the movie wasn't really a blockbuster of any sorts (I think it was released when the world was still sort of recovering from lockdowns and whatnot?), but yeah the song is indeed very good but most people will most likely never hear it. 

I just finished watching Wednesday and I really dug it as well. Funny to see how it turned out great for Gaga even though the song isn't even featured in the series. Tik Tok can be a pain but I also like the revivals it has given to good music that was sort of lost in time like Fleetwood Mac. I mean, the new generation is now finally being introduced to music legends and I would personally love that sort of revival for X. 

7 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Yes, "Show Me How You Burlesque" went viral on TikTok back in 2020 because of her iconic riff in the song. We need another moment like that. :-*

BTW thanks for that list! The fact that Xtina has more top 10s in Australia, Canada, Ireland, NZ, and the UK shows how underappreciated she is in the US.

Yeah, it is odd that hits like Dirrty, Car Wash and Tilt Ya Head Back became big so easily in basically every other market other than the US. Even in the Canadian charts which usually are very US-alike, songs like Dirrty and Your Body found their way to the top 10. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.