Beyoncé

Kisuke

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

It had a good chance if she actually gave it a proper era. Pity 

Sometimes I believe « she cannot just let things die like this there MUST be something coming »

• Replies 115.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

why have a trilogy if ur gonna handle it so poorly?

spacer.png

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Devin said:

why have a trilogy if ur gonna handle it so poorly?

spacer.png

beyoncé is the queen of longevity. she's giving us crumbs so we keep coming back for more. the three act structure is just to maintain relevancy through her 40s

JmhkY2e.gif

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

beyoncé is the queen of longevity. she's giving us crumbs so we keep coming back for more. the three act structure is just to maintain relevancy through her 40s

JmhkY2e.gif

i thought this as soon as i heard it was a trilogy.

spacer.png

i didnt tell my brain it was gonna be 0 promo.

spacer.png

I kind of feel like CC was originally going to come out June 28 (or at least later than when it did come out on 3/29). Everything just seemed so rushed back in March. Especially the whole Beyincé title. I truly hope we find out some behind the scenes of the making of this trilogy. Whether it's a documentary or a book. I just wanna know how everything came to be!

• Like 1

It's obvious Bey is prolonging things so that ACT 1, 2 and 3 can all be released  at once and will makeup for her absence. It makes sense.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

I kind of feel like CC was originally going to come out June 28 (or at least later than when it did come out on 3/29). Everything just seemed so rushed back in March. Especially the whole Beyincé title. I truly hope we find out some behind the scenes of the making of this trilogy. Whether it's a documentary or a book. I just wanna know how everything came to be!

Taylor let Bey know that she was going to release a tsunami of garbage on the Billboard 200 so it was March or never

——

Hive weigh in: Which era was more mismanaged 4 or Cowboy Carter?

Which era had the most potential for success 4 or Cowboy Carter?

discuss

spacer.png

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Anvarie said:

Taylor let Bey know that she was going to release a tsunami of garbage on the Billboard 200 so it was March or never

——

discuss

spacer.png

I think Cowboy Carter.

7 hours ago, Negiiiii said:

Sometimes I believe « she cannot just let things die like this there MUST be something coming »

yeah, more Cécred posts in her instagram story

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Anvarie said:

discuss

spacer.png

its CC for both I fear

4 wasn't mismanaged - she went out and promoted as much as she could before her pregnancy got too far along. she was just releasing against the trends of the day and the public didn't latch on as strongly

CC had an ongoing country resurgence, big superbowl announcement, multiple top 10s upon release, and she responded by… botching the initial physical release, pulling the plug on Texas early, waiting for the IIMW hype to die before actually sending it to radio, and continuing the BS with the visuals

this era had almost everything perfectly aligned to be a blockbuster album, and it's like she and her team actively decided to ignore it 

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

its CC for both I fear

4 wasn't mismanaged - she went out and promoted as much as she could before her pregnancy got too far along. she was just releasing against the trends of the day and the public didn't latch on as strongly

CC had an ongoing country resurgence, big superbowl announcement, multiple top 10s upon release, and she responded by… botching the initial physical release, pulling the plug on Texas early, waiting for the IIMW hype to die before actually sending it to radio, and continuing the BS with the visuals

this era had almost everything perfectly aligned to be a blockbuster album, and it's like she and her team actively decided to ignore it 

I guess with 4 I was thinking more so the single choices: End of Time replacing BTINH or Countdown replacing 1+1

7 minutes ago, Anvarie said:

I guess with 4 I was thinking more so the single choices: End of Time replacing BTINH or Countdown replacing 1+1

while they're fantastic songs, I don't really think they would've performed much better - BTINH was probably the closest to the adult contemporary pop that was still doing well at the time even with the explosion of more electronic sounds (stuff like Bruno Mars, Adele, P!nk, etc)

looking at the list of top 10s for that year, End of Time and Countdown just stick out like crazy in comparison. it's helped them age well in the long run imo, but that just wasn't something the public was vibing with at the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

while they're fantastic songs, I don't really think they would've performed much better - BTINH was probably the closest to the adult contemporary pop that was still doing well at the time even with the explosion of more electronic sounds (stuff like Bruno Mars, Adele, P!nk, etc)

looking at the list of top 10s for that year, End of Time and Countdown just stick out like crazy in comparison. it's helped them age well in the long run imo, but that just wasn't something the public was vibing with at the time. 

I remember the singles performing so bad, even "Countdown" couldn't stick. That was probably the easiest song, that was still a standard "Beyoncé" song at the time and it did absolutely nothing. The music video actually made it worst. 

Edited by TizTiz
  • Haha 1

Beyoncé is never winning AOTY no matter promo or no promo.. yall need to come to grips with that so this convo doesn't happen every time she releases 

4 hours ago, Anvarie said:

discuss

spacer.png

Both were dangerously mishandled, and both share some great potential, CC has great potential. 

• I think ppl forget that "Run The World" was only a hit live, and considered a standard now because of the electrifying performance it's produced, but that was one of the most hated summer singles I've ever seen. It was constantly reported that "4" was the end for her. Even though the song stayed in the Top for multiple charts, hitting #1 on the Dance charts, the hate caught on like wildfire. 

• "Best Thing I Never Had" made things completely worse. It was so beneath her, even after the cornball song on her last three albums. The did better on the charts, but, once again, ppl were dragging the hell out her  and the song was stale after 2 weeks. The rest of the singles were just thrown out, months apart, with the accompanying videos being colorful, gleeful, but not as unique as RTW. "1+1" is actually one of the best songs she's recorded, give or take a few lines, and it was prematurely released. "End of Time" is an amazing highlight in her catalog of live performances, as a song, it doesn't feel as fresh and exciting like some of the other tracks, definitely would've failed as a single. "Love On Top", "Party", and "Dance For You", which was even a radio or promo single, did wonders on radio. 

• Because of the nature of music in the start of the decade, they were not smart in choosing the right singles and the timing of releasing them. The album is still a masterful classic, because the music was outstanding and every performance showed she was mentally, physically and vocally more mature. 

Unfortunately, the only leading singles I can picture is "Run The World" or "Countdown", and after that, I just don't know. One of the reasons the album is great is probably it doesn't host a 'radio' single, the songs are better experienced live. 

• "Cowboy Carter" was going to tread the lines of major success for a few reasons- one of the lead singles was made strictly for radio & to appeal to a wider audience in a gatekeeping genre; just as "BREAK MY SOUL", "TEXAS HOLD'EM" is completely out of the norm and bound to it's genre, instead of being 'inspired' by it's genre, the official announcement was a gigantic, televised, multi-million dollar success. Even "16 CARRIAGES" has been praised for being one of the best songs she's recorded, the most vulnerable we've heard her and 'a career highlight'. And because there was absolutely no promo beyond Instagram reels, ppl moved on too early.

• CC is not a bad or just decent album at all, but after crafting production that is insanely crisp, clean and distinctive on RENI, the album is just decent. It runs longer than needed, many moments feel drown out, while others seem too short. The album is incomplete, yet indicates its own start & finish. 

• Like 1

It's kinda sad that Gen Z will never have the opportunity to experience a performance like this

Despite the sabotage created by other fanbases she fought and really showed that she cares about her music during the 4 era. This is still one of my greatest memories of her and Arenas & Stadiums won't change a thing !

Edited by Crayzik
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 5:39 PM, Draper. said:

I don't think so. Three of the songs are from Renaissance and are placed really close on the setlist, but Flaws is not from Renaissance and comes right at the beginning and Greenscreen comes before the big 3 which she usually cut in the setlist, so it looks like at least the whole setlist from the movie. Hopefully we get 1+1 and Love On Top too.

I think the timing of things maybe has something to do with the samples in the songs. She had to kinda "rush" the movie back in december and maybe there wasn't enough time to clear every sample for a streaming release back then.

I also thought this was a likely reason that we didnt get the album immediately. Does anyone know if there are any laws about sampling in live performance? Assuming its much more complicated once it comes down to releasing studio recordings, but wondered if you also had to pay royalties for the live interpolations

After listening to CC again this morning from start to finish I must say II Most Unwanted really killed the momentum for me, what a dreadful song. The album starts with a bang in American Requiem, then goes slower and more intimate until THE and the pop perfection Bodyguard arrives. I could even tolerate Spaghetti this time and honestly? Just For Fun is a career highlight! Everything after Levi's Jean's is just Bey firing on all cylinders, what a way to end it. 

31 minutes ago, Crayzik said:

It's kinda sad that Gen Z will never have the opportunity to experience a performance like this

Despite the sabotage created by other fanbases she fought and really showed that she cares about her music during the 4 era. This is still one of my greatest memories of her and Arenas & Stadiums won't change a thing !

I love HER omg. The live performances of RTW were so epic. Oprah, BBMA, XFactor, Grand Journal oh lord.

the thing I love the most about is that she's invested (lmfao don't try me) in the love of her own music. She doesn't make it because of trends, she clearly makes these tunes and is proud of them.

like, RTW was not a chart topper however I feel like it has still become one of her most iconic songs. Do you know what I mean? She's strong with making tunes stuck onto your brain.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Crayzik said:

Despite the sabotage created by other fanbases she fought and really showed that she cares about her music during the 4 era.

and this is why i wonder if she even truly cares let alone likes her post-lemonade music (i think not)… cause her actions clearly give contractual obligation and not "i'm proud of these albums they're my best work" 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This always will be Bey's greatest form of impact, no matter borders, culture, or time @swissman

Edited by Pepo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Anvarie said:

——

discuss

spacer.png

The grind that Beyonce had with 4 was unparalleled, I mean she pushed and pushed that album.  The promo was A+.  If she gave CC even 1/4th of that, it would've been a huge era.

Just look at some of the push JUST RTW got:

5/22: BBMA

5/23: Oprah Special

6/??: Le Grand Journal - France

6/28: French X Factor

8/14: Good Morning America

5/18 RTW Video premiered on American Idol

7/16 Promoted with the Atlantis Space Shuttle launch

- Pushed on Glee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

The grind that Beyonce had with 4 was unparalleled, I mean she pushed and pushed that album.  The promo was A+.  If she gave CC even 1/4th of that, it would've been a huge era.

Just look at some of the push JUST RTW got:

5/22: BBMA

5/23: Oprah Special

6/??: Le Grand Journal - France

6/28: French X Factor

8/14: Good Morning America

5/18 RTW Video premiered on American Idol

7/16 Promoted with the Atlantis Space Shuttle launch

- Pushed on Glee

For real like she got her own shoulders TIRED doing all of this but this era was epic.

The bbma performance ? Phew she wanted to MURDER that day

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.