• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 hour ago, kimberly said:

I'd like to chime in to point out that she did NOT give an exclusive interview, she just sent "a statement."

So it is quite likely that Yvette wrote that nonsense about "arts, not charts" on her iPhone and emailed THR :deadbanana4: Bey probably just looked at it and approved.

She doesn't **** with Variety or Rolling Stone after they leaked info on the three acts sonic direction. I doubt she'll be giving them exclusives anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, kimberly said:

I'd like to chime in to point out that she did NOT give an exclusive interview, she just sent "a statement."

So it is quite likely that Yvette wrote that nonsense about "arts, not charts" on her iPhone and emailed THR :deadbanana4: Bey probably just looked at it and approved.

touché

She's always been more of a chart floater than a chart topper to me. She's always done enough to stay in the Top 40, but she has never been hitting #1's back to back like the last few years. She's always depended on her videos, packaging, multiple interview and live performances to make up the bulk of her era where charts were usually lacking. 

So for her to talk about not appeasing to the charts anymore is expected. But surely an artist getting 3 #1 singles that are top selling, genre bending and served critical longevity without traditional promo cares about the charts. She could've said that during "RENAISSANCE", where "Break My Soul" was expected to do her usual great debut/free fall, but instead became a huge hit, or how social media made "Cuff It" an unexpected single with moderate success. But going into "Cowboy Carter" with the worst, most caucasian, asinine song she's recorded sing "I Am. . . Sasha Fierce" after a (rumored) $30,000,000 TV ad on one of the biggest nights is chart chasing & she can't say otherwise with everything laid out on the table! Making it a double release, playing into the 'act II' slump she stopped using after 8 months into act I, girl. . .‼️

You built an entire era around a racially charged experience, making a profile on Ancestry.com and reclaiming the black roots of country music whilst "Texas Hold'em" and "II Most Wanted" was thrown out to commercially appeal to that part of the US, that translates into sales, that translates into charting high. The chart talk, to me, is a scapegoat for not wanting to do anything. She's promoted "BEYONCÉ", the hell out of "LEMONADE" and even "EVERYTHING IS LOVE" more than she's promoted this 'life altering' album, despite being on her seen, not heard journey 11 years in. 

She makes me wonder if she's planning retirement by 50, the way she was sloppy the last era for an album that was perfect start to finish and barely acknowledging the biggest crossover success in recent years. Though I don't like "Cowboy Carter" in its entirety & feel like the message gets lost a more than once, she's treating this album like a contractual obligation. Chasing the #1 doesn't require a $50,000 promotion plan. She could've did wonders by simply posting on her insta & website or making shorts for YouTube. Ppl have been begging a prerecorded performance- Beyoncé, of all artist, could've did some performances in a desert, her backyard, her office, rural Texas and made it work. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TizTiz said:

She makes me wonder if she's planning retirement by 50

Yep. Jay will be 62 by the time she's 50. If they want to enjoy retired life together they need to start sooner rather than later.

That's what happens when you marry an older man. :cm:

• Like 2

I mean, she really just reiterated what she's been telling us in print for years. Also with how she moves and not promoting or doing anything to make an "era" an era. 

I think she chose to print this statement now cause she see's the constant chatter about letting CC out to die amongst all the other pleading over the last few years. She saying by the standards some fans have CC was dead on arrival. And so will everything she releases.

Edited by Space&Time
  • Like 3

Basically:

yea I just don't feel like doin all dat atp in my career, let the other girls have at it 

spacer.png

:gayoncecat3:

• Like 2

Nah, I believe her. She doesn't do anything suggesting otherwise lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

I'm sorry but this is a PR control piece and it's not adding up….

like pick a struggle sis, u sold your fans incomplete art pieces cuz u wanted to get rid of those useless inventory and pushed up the releases for obvious reason! Every move she makes has pointed toward money but she's all about ART now 

THIS! 

And I'm not even lashing her. I'm just saying that...girl, I see what you're doing lol. 

Like @Kh-Loud said, she's not doing the vinyl thing in general (speak less the botched situation) for...fun. She wants the numbers - and no one can tell me otherwise. Bey and her team are very plugged into the pillars that keep her "Queen" commercially speaking. Per era, it's literally: at least one "hit-hit", strong first-week sales (300k+), and an accompanying stadium tour. Rinse and repeat.

If she truly didn't care, we'd be in 50k first-week territory and that's just not going to happen. Why? Because a commercially successful Bey musically = tour hype...which = where she makes her real money.

Diehard Hive is not big enough of a fandom to exclusively pack out stadiums worldwide, she literally NEEDS the GP for that. She clearly doesn't want to be a nostalgia act just yet either, so getting the GP in seats requires having commercial music moments. Texas, BMS, Cuff It. All strategically way more commercial than their companion albums. That alone shows that she...cares. 

Until she has a severely underperforming SOLO album and takes a laissez faire attitude with pushing it, I'm not buying the "doesn't care" thing. At least not to the degree some stans here moan about in these trying times. 

In kinda sorta cutting her some slack, I CAN see what she means about not principally being driven by numbers and #1s. Her own output shows that. She's not doing the IASF obvious Pop-pandering anymore nor random collabs for the sake of a hit thing. She's definitely not one to chase trends either. 

I think the takeaway here is that several things can be true at once. She absolutely IS still playing the game to retain her crown. But also has found qualitative balance with her output and approach to artistry and her stardom overall while doing it. 

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

arts not charts my ass, if she really was about that sadé life she wouldn't put musical garbage like post malone on her album or collab with dj khaled (multiple times at that) :coffee2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

Nah, I believe her. She doesn't do anything suggesting otherwise lol 

Beyonce definitely cared about charts with Renaissance (traditional rollout, mystery packages, CLIQUEBAIT, teasers, handwritten release day note on socials, remixes timed specifically to maximise chart peak (Queens Remix, Wetter Remix, Kendrick Remix), I could go on...

She also cared about the success of Texas Hold Em. Reposting the tiktok dance, a multi-million superbowl launch, etc. 

The thing that i think we are forgetting here, is that for Team Beyonce the success of Texas Hold Em (which was arguably her most impactful and omnipresent solo single since Single Ladies, and far out performed Cuff It, which itself outperformed - even though it didnt outpeak - Break My Soul), is part of the success of Cowboy Carter, and will probably win Record of the Year. 

Beyonce proved in Act I that she is still a commercial and impactful musical force (which, lets be honest, wasn't a given anymore mid-pandemic). 

With Act II she had her third solo smash hit in two years and then went on to release the second most acclaimed album of the year and enjoy the biggest streaming week of her career. Like...I know we are bored as a fanbase but as far as Parkwood are concerned they've already gotten the gold medal from this era.

I really think she's done enough to make this a retrospectively-successful era. It's a boring era, sure, but it was a front loaded success nonetheless.

Edited by alien superstore
  • Like 1

tl;dr: i think she's a liar when she says she doesnt care about commercial success. I think she wanted to prove to herself that she could still do it with this trilogy. Considering act ii came out the gate with a smash hit, I truly think she's fine to just chill.

Edited by alien superstore
  • Like 2

Hours later, the next day and I'm still confused on her even giving a few paragraphs to basically say she's a capitalist 😂😂. But seriously, there are more pressing issues for her to talk about that continues to blatantly ignore about, precisely the whereabouts of her visuals to said ignored album 😭😭😭! This can't possibly be us living real life with Beyoncé

I'm at the point where I'd take another pretentious VOUGE cover story, but those are limited to her teasing a new release of some sort. Family photos? A feature? Confirmation that she's still alive? I miss the RENI visual leaks, the couture clothing line pictures, the exclusive listening events. We had an inch and dragged her for a mile. . .now, we have her axx to kiss. 

And before anyone loses their bedazzled Rodeo Chitlin' Circuit thongs, I'm just joking. 

Edited by TizTiz
  • Like 4

Btch you only care about the money 

Nobody who loves art will sit n watch their art die like this.

Don't pretend with your edgy stuff.

:grump:

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

The only thing I'm okay with her not being interested in, since she's busy doing. . ., is a CC Tour. With this being the obvious tour companion album, it's a shame that I just don't see her touring unless she prolongs the time until next year. I prefer she wraps this trilogy up, it's incredibly clear the vision only pertained to the music+visuals and we see how that's worked out. 

I also would love a tour that focus on the array of new music she has and move away from music before 2013. I feel like that's what dragged RENI setlist a lil, a lot of songs were out of place and some song didn't need to be performed while there was songs that NEEDED to be performed. A tour seating all three acts together before or after the visuals to bring the trilogy disaster home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alien superstore said:

tl;dr: i think she's a liar when she says she doesnt care about commercial success. I think she wanted to prove to herself that she could still do it with this trilogy. Considering act ii came out the gate with a smash hit, I truly think she's fine to just chill.

so basically… we have to boycott the next lead single, hope it bombs harder than Spirit and Be Alive combined and maybe then she'll finally stop being boring for a week or two and actually do something fun that doesn't include posters or insta collages 

manifest a flop y'all, manifest it ! :duca:

• Like 1

Shes acting worse than Barbra Streisand (a certified legend) at age 82, thats all im gonna add to this convo

• Like 1

the back 2 back lashings. clock her old ass. :jonny5:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

so basically… we have to boycott the next lead single, hope it bombs harder than Spirit and Be Alive combined and maybe then she'll finally stop being boring for a week or two and actually do something fun that doesn't include posters or insta collages 

manifest a flop y'all, manifest it ! :duca:

I've been manifesting her flop era since she plaid in our faces for not pushing "MINE" & "6 INCH" as singles and fumbling "FORMATION" when it was nearing #1. All God sent me was "EVERYTHING IS LOVE", and even then we got an amazing video, but a lackluster tour where out of breath and free-styling the chore. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Shes acting worse than Barbra Streisand (a certified legend) at age 82, thats all im gonna add to this convo

Count Babula did more promo for her book last year than Bey has done for anything in the last 13 years besides IVP

300px-Charlie_Jones_On_The_Computer.jpg

• Haha 1

This is all y'alls US hive fault

None of you weak baguettes had the courage to print the Virgo's Groove leak on a card board and take it to one of the shows. That would've triggered her and make her rush release the visuals in fear of them not leaking (un-skinnied frame by frame and all)

skzpnk-jennie.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TizTiz said:

I've been manifesting her flop era since she plaid in our faces for not pushing "MINE" & "6 INCH" as singles and fumbling "FORMATION" when it was nearing #1. All God sent me was "EVERYTHING IS LOVE", and even then we got an amazing video, but a lackluster tour where out of breath and free-styling the chore. 

her worst musical project ever still getting a music video (and a great one at that) yet 2 of her best albums only got blank text on a black background 

but the girls (and her included) want us to believe this is bc "charts don't excite her anymore" and not simply bc she's a sadistic loonie ?:suburban:

some Smile debut numbers and a bubbling under lead single would do this lady good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SELT TITLED>>>>Lemonade

she-aint-no-diva-lifeofsillygirl.gif 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.