Beyoncé

Kisuke

11 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

glad it happened but also glad the renny tour is wrapping up soon. in my opinion it's the most visually astounding tour of all time but i kinda want her to come back harder with whatever is next. FWT, Beychella and even OTR II firmly positioned her at MJ levels of stage presence and power but for some reason i cant really put my finger on rn i never really felt it with this one. i think its probably her more chill demeanour and her over zealous thanking of the audience (you don't need to thank us for being here... you are beyonce :rip:).

all nitpicking tho, still the best tour of the last handful of years by a mile.

I feel similarly and I attribute it to the fact that it's her most inconsistent show in a very long time. There's great moments, like the entire Renaissance segment, Energy, Break My Soul, Move, Heated, Pure/Honey but then there is also a lot of underwhelming ones like Cuff it, Virgo's groove, church girl, the tank section, AHAP, the encore... There were no down moments like this in her previous solo tours. Stuff was always going at full speed. 

It's natural she'd slow down a bit and she can't perform like she's in her 20s anymore, but I think she could've found a better pacing for sure. 

The fact that she's changing outfits every night, a lot of in which she can't properly move doesn't help either. I know she and her team think she's pulling a fashion show on, but it's been more of a fashion disaster if anything. 

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

I feel Virgos Groove is the biggest let down on this tour. I expected her to get up, spin around and dip a bit. Even if she’s just lounging as the mother of pearl in a shell, it still feels very far from the highlight I expected. Especially as a fan favorite. It’s just kinda there before getting devoured by Move and Heated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BGKC said:

I feel Virgos Groove is the biggest let down on this tour. I expected her to get up, spin around and dip a bit. Even if she’s just lounging as the mother of pearl in a shell, it still feels very far from the highlight I expected. Especially as a fan favorite. It’s just kinda there before getting devoured by Move and Heated. 

I just know POTS/VG is her favorite part of the show. 

9D681A21-888E-4787-ABC0-D150E1169F75.thu

9 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

I feel similarly and I attribute it to the fact that it's her most inconsistent show in a very long time. There's great moments, like the entire Renaissance segment, Energy, Break My Soul, Move, Heated, Pure/Honey but then there is also a lot of underwhelming ones like Cuff it, Virgo's groove, church girl, the tank section, AHAP, the encore... There were no down moments like this in her previous solo tours. Stuff was always going at full speed. 

It's natural she'd slow down a bit and she can't perform like she's in her 20s anymore, but I think she could've found a better pacing for sure. 

The fact that she's changing outfits every night, a lot of in which she can't properly move doesn't help either. I know she and her team think she's pulling a fashion show on, but it's been more of a fashion disaster if anything. 

I completely agree with you that the pacing and arrangement of the show was frustratingly inconsistent... shows live and die on their ability to build up audience excitement and tension and then spending it at big moments and the renny tour fumbled this time and time again throughout the show. At least at my show, the audience's energy pretty much relied completely on people just being happy they were at a Beyonce show.

I know people think it's cute but the whole "opening act" thing sets it all up to fail from the very beginning, the start of a show is the most amount of anticipation and excitement you are going to be able to get from an audience in the entire show and opening it up with the Renaissance act would have been sickening, idk why so much anticipation is wasted on Bey singing some older numbers at a microphone, that should have been way into the later end of the set.

There's also a few faux pas, teasing Sweet Dream at my show had the entire stadium screaming and then falling silent in confusion straight away when she didn't go through with it, and then her standing completely still on the truck for what felt like forever, and cuff it just being crammed in there without any big moment of its own given to it :rip:

I don't wanna type an entire essay because it really is an amazing tour but I feel like there's some curious rookie mistakes in the arrangement of the show.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Yeah it makes no sense that she would just sit there for both POTS AND the entirety of Virgo's Groove like..

It works well for POTS as the intro for that section, the reveal coupled with her soothing lipped vocals is mesmerizing. It's a very nice moment actually imo. But it drags on for way too long on a groovy song like VG where the only thing that happens is them elevating the platform by like 3 feet. :rip: 

The POWER, IMPLICATIONS, INTELLIGENCE, CLEARANCE, INFLUENCE, PROFILE AND THE INTERNATIONAL implications that that has. 

VG was amazing for me. She just kept adding those love songs from her discography, and each time a new one came on mixed with the vocals from the song... my jaw hit the floor. The closest experience to the first time I heard the original ending of the song.

• Like 7

And let me not get started on the damn ring again :rip: She didn't perform AUIYM/DIL for 90% of this tour so she only really does BMS on it. I don't even know why they bothered and wasted the money on building it and carrying it across the ocean for one song, could've just done BMS on the main stage if she's so adamant on not going on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Draper. said:

VG was amazing for me. She just kept adding those love songs from her discography, and each time a new one came on mixed with the vocals from the song... my jaw hit the floor. The closest experience to the first time I heard the original ending of the song.

That is indeed a great moment, yes. I was floored too. However it's hardly part of the actual VG performance. It was more like an outro to Naughty Girl. 

Just now, AxelFox said:

That is indeed a great moment, yes. I was floored too. However it's hardly part of the actual VG performance. It was more like an outro to Naughty Girl. 

Naughty Girl is like Me Myself and I in Beychella being part of Sorry. I read it as that's the entirety of the Virgo's Groove performance.

4 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

I just know POTS/VG is her favorite part of the show. 

9D681A21-888E-4787-ABC0-D150E1169F75.thu

You could be right, but I’m thinking it’s Stretch Marks and All. It’s as if she’s more than happy to remind us how much of puzzling ***** she can be... like out of all songs to bring back from the dead, she chose that. That’s why she loves us. Because we pay top dollar for her antics, flaws and all. 

35 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

yeah FWT remains her best tour by miles, sure RWT is her best visually but FWT wins in every other department

the way i was borderline bored during the middle of the show and closing the show out with Summer Ren (a song nobody was singing :rip:) is just awkward and anticlimactic… during RDY/POTS/VG you could really feel the audience getting a bit bored lol which is crazy when VG is her best song like ??

if the show kept the quality of the ITG/COZY/AS segment it’d easily be her best tour ever !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

I see where you are coming from however I have a hard time believing a whole new tour is being worked on within the next year or so. Either they will tweak the current tour or it will be a while until another. 

28 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Naughty Girl is like Me Myself and I in Beychella being part of Sorry. I read it as that's the entirety of the Virgo's Groove performance.

I mean she transitions into Naughty Girl and follows back into the bridge of VG, so you’re not wrong, it’s just the fact that NG gave so much life to VG on top of the love song medley. Without such transitions and throwbacks the execution of VG itself is kind of a dud. Like it’s supposed to be a Groove. If she wanted to do a “birth of Venus” renaissance reference, it would have worked perfectly for I’m That Girl as an intro but at the same time, it’s not that serious. The tour is still A+ 

I was just sayin that as a fan favorite, VG had more potential. 

4 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

The food is soggy, uncooked, salmonella, Gordon Ramsey is petrified

spacer.png

No ma’am, very much cooked, crispy and out of the temperature danger zone. I think those Pure/Vinegar fumes are getting to you.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

Assuming the country and rock acts exists, who'd we want as featured acts (writers, producers etc.) for those?

I think she needs a singing ass duet with Kelly Clarkson or Chris Stapleton or Yola, because they can all do soulful country and rock. OR Yebba and they can harmonize their runs :WAP:

Follow me here

she also did Partition, the only ST song she’s singing when she’s not doing DIL (which is already super nasty in itself) so, SO dirty it might as well could’ve stayed off the setlist 

one of my bf’s favorite beyoncé songs is Parition and he barely even noticed she was doing it bc he was still zoned out from her tank sitting session :tornado:

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

yeah FWT remains her best tour by miles, sure RWT is her best visually but FWT wins in every other department

the way i was borderline bored during the middle of the show and closing the show out with Summer Ren (a song nobody was singing :rip:) is just awkward and anticlimactic… during RDY/POTS/VG you could really feel the audience getting a bit bored lol which is crazy when VG is her best song like ??

if the show kept the quality of the ITG/COZY/AS segment it’d easily be her best tour ever !!!

I loved both tours but you are right. I didn’t nearly have as much critique after FWT than I did for RWT. Admittedly most of it is about song choices, but her refusal to move at certain parts is perplexing. 

I will say RDY took everyone out of it. I went with a couple of casual fans and they were like :isudumblmao:

Edited by sillycilla

3 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

I loved both tours but you are right. I didn’t nearly have as much critique after FWT than I did for RWT. Admittedly most of it is about song choices, but her refusal to move at certain parts is perplexing. 

I will say RDY took everyone out of it. I went with a couple of casual fans and they were like :isudumblmao:

like ofc RWT is miles above anyone else’s tour but for Beyoncé standards it does miss some things… her lack of dancing is one of them BUT you don’t notice it/it doesn’t bother at all during ITG to AS… they could’ve easily tweaked things to keep the whole show at that level 

also the lack of hit songs, sure we as hive don’t care and don’t need the Baby Boys and Irreplaceables but the locals do. she could do anything she wants on that stage and it still wouldn’t matter cause locals just don’t care about songs like Thique or Summer Ren…. 

even in the Paris crowd you could clearly feel that people were ready to go home during AHAP :rip:

It’s honestly criminal that the choreography for her dance album has been lackluster and I can’t remember most of it except for cozy l. Heated and AHAP deserved something big!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

like ofc RWT is miles above anyone else’s tour but for Beyoncé standards it does miss some things… her lack of dancing is one of them BUT you don’t notice it/it doesn’t bother at all during ITG to AS… they could’ve easily tweaked things to keep the whole show at that level 

MTE 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.