Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

I feel like we have heard 3 songs from Act II already. Echoes, the song with the “I beat that ***** with a bat” sample and the song with “it’s time for the percolator” sample. 

I think Loop The Sample might have been a demo that she felt was too good to throw away.

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

We don’t need to see her sitting in the audience trying to put a show on like some :deadbanana2: 

I want to know what her next move is. 

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

what a waste of a job reporting on all things Beyoncé :tornado: 

that poor person will have NOTHING to do except maybe tracking how many times she goes on vacation in Italy

I'm applying, it'll be just like a yvette simulator 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, carameldelight said:

Basically says nothing. Contradictory queen. Her albums are on streaming now because not putting it on there was dumb. Let's be forreal her and jay at the time were trying to make tidal still happen. I already answered the part about listening to the album above.

Sade releases and disappears for the next five to seven years, fans know this and accept it. We were told this was going to be a rollout of epic proportions lol Also implied multiple acts AND a visual that she wants to gain maximum exposure from.  Sade's last tour was also in 2011. I do think she's isolating herself like prince did. 

It seems like just nitpicking the quotes for the sake of trying to ignore what she's actually said. On the subject of accepting the way she is now, you said "when will beyonce ... let fans know?" and yet:

• She told us she is not here for commercial purposes.
  • Her company told us that RENAISSANCE era would be offering a music-only/first experience.
  • Her company told us that visuals would come later.
  • Her company twitter alluded to the fact that the visuals would take a long while.
  • And she herself stated that she wanted to do something like Prince and Sade's approach.

And I don't believe she is required to match Sade and Prince to the letter in order for her approach to be comparable or inspired by them, or for us to understand what she meant by that.

I also don't believe anyone said this rollout would be "of epic proportions". Unless I am mistaken, I only remember Yvette saying it would be a traditional rollout, which in many ways it was. The New York Times even wrote an article about how conventional a release it was for her.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

28 in two days but 90 on the inside, I dint go to no collidge got no degree, broke, walk to work, live with parents, but I have fine taste and I'm hung so

source.gif

Why did it sound like I wrote this? :chick3:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shone Ai said:

I think Loop The Sample might have been a demo that she felt was too good to throw away.

I would die to hear the full Loop The Sample song (i think it’s probably called Be Free tho) but yeah I think it’s more of a Renaissance leftover than an Act 2 song 

• Like 2

tbh I think it's a good thing the second act didn't come out before the tour, or while she was on tour...and she is still on tour.

25 minutes ago, QueenB said:

I'm applying, it'll be just like a yvette simulator 

that good for nothing ass woman :tornado: you’ll just be leaving a bunch of "this is categorically false."’s under random stans twitter posts 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

that good for nothing ass woman :tornado: you’ll just be leaving a bunch of "this is categorically false."’s under random stans twitter posts 

The way she said that to a tweet with a link to get people to vote for Bey at the VMA's, so unserious :fan:

Yvette hasn’t said “not true” to any of the Halle being pregnant rumors, this is my 9/11 Halle please save yourself 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

i’m en route to Seattle! 

I’m turning 25 soon, employed full time, supporting Bey by buying her stupid parfum and music. I don’t have the time to campaign for a VMA win or vote, really. definitely don’t have time to sit through 3+ hours of a washed up and rigged award ceremony. I watched the highlights, Doja did great. the winners were predictable and undeserving. what’s new?

• Like 8

Also I don't know if we've discussed this already but am I the only one who found it weird how she wore the Philly opening outfit again but during the AHAP section?? Like it's not even bee themed it felt so random

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, bwhansen said:

Also I don't know if we've discussed this already but am I the only one who found it weird how she wore the Philly opening outfit again but during the AHAP section?? Like it's not even bee themed it felt so random

They're out of outfits?! fair market value of multimillion fashion brands was all we had left to look forward to

spacer.png

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bwhansen said:

Ya that was weird, considering if they didn't have a new one to debut they could have gone with ole reliable Mugler... it does feel off that one of the opening looks suddenly reappears. That being said, I do think it fit with the them. It's not bee themed but the shapes of the garment were similar to the dancers' Mugler bodysuits. If I had not seen it before I wouldn't think it was out of place.

• Like 1

Damn Vancouver didn’t even get a proper wiggle

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, QueenB said:

The way she said that to a tweet with a link to get people to vote for Bey at the VMA's, so unserious :fan:

senile just like her employer 

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

We don’t need to see her sitting in the audience trying to put a show on like some :deadbanana2: 

I want to know what her next move is. 

I don't think anyone wants her to sit in the audience. I just want to see her perform. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I watched the highlights, Doja did great. 

i’m glad we have Doja at least, i don’t even stan or anything but she’s really the only new girl with some of that versatile, controversial & visual, Beyoncé/Gaga spirit left :tornado:

god Beyoncé please please please don’t retire for before you’re 65 you can’t leave us alone with these people :biblio:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swissman said:

It seems like just nitpicking the quotes for the sake of trying to ignore what she's actually said. On the subject of accepting the way she is now, you said "when will beyonce ... let fans know?" and yet:

• She told us she is not here for commercial purposes.
  • Her company told us that RENAISSANCE era would be offering a music-only/first experience.
  • Her company told us that visuals would come later.
  • Her company twitter alluded to the fact that the visuals would take a long while.
  • And she herself stated that she wanted to do something like Prince and Sade's approach.

And I don't believe she is required to match Sade and Prince to the letter in order for her approach to be comparable or inspired by them, or for us to understand what she meant by that.

I also don't believe anyone said this rollout would be "of epic proportions". Unless I am mistaken, I only remember Yvette saying it would be a traditional rollout, which in many ways it was. The New York Times even wrote an article about how conventional a release it was for her.

I didn't nitpick quotes, I was only responding to the ones you posted. My when will Beyonce let fans know is not just referring to this moment with Renaissance. If her goal going forward is to no longer have eras/performances/engagement with fans, and to only tour then make that known. I'm  saying every statement is CONTRADICTED by her actions. 

• She is not here for commercial purposes- yet brags about being number 1 in the industry, attends an award show that always slights her to get a title of having the most awards, posts about getting a number one album. Sells remixes to get a number one single. Actually sent a song to radio to capitalize of the initial success, etc. (OF COURSE that's what she should be doing as a mainstream, legendary artist)
  • "Renaissance is listening experience" only AFTER the visuals weren't complete. She sent out a VISUAL teaser two weeks after the album was out. If the intent was to marinate with the music for two years she should have said that. The dream and others said it was coming soon at the time and since stopped talking about it. 
  • Visuals coming later WHEN????????? Three, four years???? It's dumb and there's no reason fans should have expected that. They knew no one thought later meant years.
  • Parkwood said on 7.28.22 that visuals would come at a later date. At no point did they imply YEARS later. Again, that goes back to lack of proper communication. None of us are mind readers. 
  • Again, she isn't acting like Sade so that comparison is out the window. Her taking artistic/creative control like Prince is to be commended however she is trying to sell to the highest bidder for her visuals, so at a certain point is it about the art or the dollars??? Not very Prince like.

My statement regarding a rollout of epic proportions was facetious.  However given that Parkwood hardly ever communicated prior about rollouts, the fact that Yvette took the time to actually say something about a traditional rollout ( which means PROMO) was significant. It's not farfetched for fans to think something more was going to happen. And I initially posted the NYT article, their perception was similar to fans that this era was going be very active. 

Edited by carameldelight
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, carameldelight said:

I didn't nitpick quotes, I was only responding to the ones you posted. My when will Beyonce let fans know is not just referring to this moment with Renaissance. If her goal going forward is to no longer have eras/performances/engagement with fans, and to only tour then make that known. I'm  saying every statement is CONTRADICTED by her actions. 

• She is not here for commercial purposes- yet brags about being number 1 in the industry, attends an award show that always slights her to get a title of having the most awards, posts about getting a number one album. Sells remixes to get a number one single. Actually sent a song to radio to capitalize of the initial success, etc. (OF COURSE that's what she should be doing as a mainstream, legendary artist)
  • "Renaissance is listening experience" only AFTER the visuals weren't complete. She sent out a VISUAL teaser two weeks after the album was out. If the intent was to marinate with the music for two years she should have said that. The dream and others said it was coming soon at the time and since stopped talking about it. 
  • Visuals coming later WHEN????????? Three, four years???? It's dumb and there's no reason fans should have expected that. They knew no one thought later meant years.
  • Parkwood said on 7.28.22 that visuals would come at a later date. At no point did they imply YEARS later. Again, that goes back to lack of proper communication. None of us are mind readers. 
  • Again, she isn't acting like Sade so that comparison is out the window. Her taking artistic/creative control like Prince is to be commended however she is trying to sell to the highest bidder for her visuals, so at a certain point is it about the art or the dollars??? Not very Prince like.

My statement regarding a rollout of epic proportions was facetious.  However given that Parkwood hardly ever communicated prior about rollouts, the fact that Yvette took the time to actually say something about a traditional rollout ( which means PROMO) was significant. It's not farfetched for fans to think something more was going to happen. And I initially posted the NYT article, their perception was similar to fans that this era was going be very active. 

I wrote a whole long response to every point but deleted it because most of it doesn't really matter.

My point is simple. You're asking for Beyoncé to have told us how she's going to operate, and yet she very very clearly has.

Did she or did she* not say the visuals would come later, before the album was even released?
Did she or did she* not say the intention of the album to make it all about the music, not the visuals?
Did she or did she* not reference, even as a joke, how long the visuals would take to be released?
Did she or did she not reference two artists widely known to be mysterious, hands-off, reclusive, private, and music-first?

If she didn't say any of these things, then sure, she should clarify for us what her intentions are this era. But she very clearly has.

*she=parkwood in those cases

Edited by swissman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.