Beyoncé

Kisuke

My question is when will beyonce accept it for what it is and let fans know? Why take two years to perfect and make the most amount of money on visuals if her intent is to no longer make an event for fans or be relevant? Like mentioned previously, Miley communicated that fans should no longer expect to see her on tour for the foreseeable future. That's no longer something they have to guess about. 

Edited by carameldelight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

At this point, it's like very separate projects :rip:

like ?? :tornado:

what was the point of the ACT thing if we just end up waiting 2-3 years between albums ? which was the norm for her to begin with

the more i think about the more this whole thing reeks of disorganization, unprofessionalism and plain stupidity :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

like ?? :tornado:

what was the point of the ACT thing if we just end up waiting 2-3 years between albums ? which was the norm for her to begin with

the more i think about the more this whole thing reeks of disorganization, unprofessionalism and plain stupidity :rip:

Exactly! SZA has already announced the second part to her album. 

1 minute ago, sillycilla said:

This. just tell us that things have changed, or at least hint at it, hell tell Yvette or Tina to hint at things changing or what we should expect next (if anything) it’s really not that complicated :coffee2:

let Parkwood post some stupid meme about "big things are coming” or something like idk 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

My question is when will beyonce accept it for what it is and let fans know? Why take two years to perfect and make the most amount of money on visuals if her intent is to no longer make an event for fans or be relevant? Like mentioned previously, Miley communicated that fans should no longer expect to see her on tour for the foreseeable future. That's no longer something they have to guess about. 

She’s told us tho. She wants “to travel without working” and “have time with her family”. She wants to “focus on albums instead of quick little singles”. She wants to “take as much time as she wants to perfect her craft” and she “lives with the body of work before showing it to world”.

She’s said all of those things in one way or the other. Maybe you’re just not paying attention. The visuals are still coming according to the most recent rumors, they are not scrapped yet.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

SZA said she was working on an album since 2019 and she released singles for it in 2020, just for the album to not be released until the very end of 2022. You really don’t want Bey to act like her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

I know she has not directly explained her thinking or what she intends/not intended to do, but in fact she HAS made several allusions if not outright remarks through her music, her press releases or other such official sources.

Beyoncé in 2018:

"If I gave two fucks about streaming numbers, I would have put Lemonade on Spotify..."

Beyoncé in 2021:

"I’m grateful I have the ability to choose what I want to share. One day I decided I wanted to be like Sade and Prince. I wanted the focus to be on my music, because if my art isn’t strong enough or meaningful enough to keep people interested and inspired, then I’m in the wrong business.

Parkwood in Summer 2022:

"[Beyoncé] decided to lead without visuals giving fans the opportunity to be limitless in their expansive listening journey.  It is a chance again to be listeners and not viewers"

Parkwood in Fall 2022:

Edited by swissman
  • Thanks 3

what even happened to that journalist ? i thought he promised more tea or it’d at least push parkwood to put out their own narrative and yet they didn’t even bother doing that :fountain: 

over a year and it feels like we’re just as far away from visuals/act II than we were when Ren came out :rip:

The VMAs are definitely beneath Bey, and mind you I’m usually against the “beneath” nonsense. Hell they’re beneath the other girl too, I don’t know why she attended.

The real shock of the era for me was Bey not performing at the Grammys. Once I saw she didn’t do that, I knew there was zero chance of her even acknowledging the VMAs.

1 minute ago, swissman said:

Parkwood in Summer 2022:

"[Beyoncé] decided to lead without visuals giving fans the opportunity to be limitless in their expansive listening journey.  It is a chance again to be listeners and not viewers"

let’s hope everyone takes the opportunity to be listeners outside the stadium for free and not viewers during the next tour, maybe THAT will make her sweat :coffee2:

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Machete said:

The VMAs are definitely beneath Bey, and mind you I’m usually against the “beneath” nonsense. Hell they’re beneath the other girl too, I don’t know why she attended.

The real shock of the era for me was Bey not performing at the Grammys. Once I saw she didn’t do that, I knew there was zero chance of her even acknowledging the VMAs.

In my opinion, it feels like all the performances we got for Lemonade were a way of campaigning for the AOTY. When she didn’t get it she decided to change her focus. It’s like what happened after the underperformance of 4 singles after all the promotion she did for it: she changed her entire approach for ST.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Draper. said:

SZA said she was working on an album since 2019 and she released singles for it in 2020, just for the album to not be released until the very end of 2022. You really don’t want Bey to act like her. 

It’s not any worse then not even knowing what’s going on with the current era we are in. My point was if the intent is different Acts, then Sza released her album in 2022 and the second part is already on its way. 

what a waste of a job reporting on all things Beyoncé :tornado: 

that poor person will have NOTHING to do except maybe tracking how many times she goes on vacation in Italy

• Haha 6

I think the fact that the VMAs have a camera glued in front of every celebrity for the entire show is probably putting her off. Even though it’s unnecessary, I understand why Selena is mad. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

I think the fact that the VMAs have a camera glued in front of every celebrity for the entire show is probably putting her off. Even though it’s unnecessary, I understand why Selena is mad. 

It's super exploitative. It must be exhausting being used as content at all times - even being in the audience is a performance now. I don't blame Taylor for getting drunk because I don't know how else you'd be able to let loose with a camera trained on you the entire show. You can either go the Selena route (shut down) or you can put on a performance in the chair for the memes and gifs (Taylor.) 

26 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I just can't imagine it wasn't supposed to be out by now

Maybe the visuals hold up has caused a domino effect and now everything is pushed back. Although I still think ACT II coming out in late fall / early spring is still acceptable with the acts theme.

• Thanks 2

if she doesn’t keep the transitions going i’m paying that woman who bit her to do it again 

i don’t even care about overarching themes anymore i just want the other acts to be fully gapless :hippo:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

She's so "mother" and deity-esque that she wouldn't be sitting in the audience anyway. Which, given what you said, I'm in full support of that move on her part. 

In general, she's shown us what the new M.O. is when it comes to award shows. Pretty much Grammys only for physical attendance. Mid-show arrival (usually right before winning an award), and bounce more times than not before the end.

Given how gagged any show would be to have her and how much of "a celeb to celebs" she is, it kinda doesn't align with her present-day narrative to be sat beside the likes of Anitta and Ice Spice. No shade to them.

Taylor Swift 100% does it on purpose. She's the biggest star sales-wise and, like Bey, can tell the producers of these shows what she will and won't do. Before anyone weaponizes that against Bey, Taylor's "edit" is wholesome, girl next door, everyone's bestie. So, her antics and approach make sense. Bey angle (corny as it sounds) is otherworldly Alien Superstar (think MJ). So, mingling when there's no overt benefit doesn't really align.

1 hour ago, Draper. said:

She’s told us tho. She wants “to travel without working” and “have time with her family”. She wants to “focus on albums instead of quick little singles”. She wants to “take as much time as she wants to perfect her craft” and she “lives with the body of work before showing it to world”.

She’s said all of those things in one way or the other. Maybe you’re just not paying attention. The visuals are still coming according to the most recent rumors, they are not scrapped yet.

This has nothing to do with my question. What does focus on an album she doesn't promote even mean? If you want the album to do well, you have to release singles. She removed BMS from radio and let the album stall after cuff it.  Sounds counter productive. Living with the body of  work is a new thing she said after the visual was pushed back. 2013 during self titled was a whole other talking point. 

59 minutes ago, swissman said:

I know she has not directly explained her thinking or what she intends/not intended to do, but in fact she HAS made several allusions if not outright remarks through her music, her press releases or other such official sources.

Beyoncé in 2018:

"If I gave two fucks about streaming numbers, I would have put Lemonade on Spotify..."

Beyoncé in 2021:

"I’m grateful I have the ability to choose what I want to share. One day I decided I wanted to be like Sade and Prince. I wanted the focus to be on my music, because if my art isn’t strong enough or meaningful enough to keep people interested and inspired, then I’m in the wrong business.

Parkwood in Summer 2022:

Parkwood in Fall 2022:

Basically says nothing. Contradictory queen. Her albums are on streaming now because not putting it on there was dumb. Let's be forreal her and jay at the time were trying to make tidal still happen. I already answered the part about listening to the album above.

Sade releases and disappears for the next five to seven years, fans know this and accept it. We were told this was going to be a rollout of epic proportions lol Also implied multiple acts AND a visual that she wants to gain maximum exposure from.  Sade's last tour was also in 2011. I do think she's isolating herself like prince did. 

Edited by carameldelight
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

She's so "mother" and deity-esque that she wouldn't be sitting in the audience anyway. Which, given what you said, I'm in full support of that move on her part. 

In general, she's shown us what the new M.O. is when it comes to award shows. Pretty much Grammys only for physical attendance. Mid-show arrival (usually right before winning an award), and bounce more times than not before the end.

Given how gagged any show would be to have her and how much of "a celeb to celebs" she is, it kinda doesn't align with her present-day narrative to be sat beside the likes of Anitta and Ice Spice. No shade to them.

Taylor Swift 100% does it on purpose. She's the biggest star sales-wise and, like Bey, can tell the producers of these shows what she will and won't do. Before anyone weaponizes that against Bey, Taylor's "edit" is wholesome, girl next door, everyone's bestie. So, her antics and approach make sense. Bey angle (corny as it sounds) is otherworldly Alien Superstar (think MJ). So, mingling when there's no overt benefit doesn't really align.

iirc she didn’t sit in the audience in 2014 and 2016, she did a quick red carpet, did her show, collected her awards and bounced, i don’t see why she wouldn’t be able to do that now, just skip the red carpet, bring Blue and Jay and leave when you’re done if the problem is sitting in the audience

sure there’s mostly only flops at the vma’s now but 2016 wasn’t that much better and if she can perform for randoms like us she can perform while Nicki Cardi Megan and Voldemort sit in the audience :rip:

Edited by ScorpiosGroove

6 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

iirc she didn’t sit in the audience in 2014 and 2016, she did a quick red carpet, did her show, collected her awards and bounced, i don’t see why she wouldn’t be able to do that now, just skip the red carpet, bring Blue and Jay and leave when you’re done if the problem is sitting in the audience

sure there’s mostly only flops at the vma’s now but 2016 wasn’t that much better and if she can perform for randoms like us she can perform while Nicki Cardi Megan and Voldemort sit in the audience :rip:

Well Megan and Cardi didn’t sit around, they performed and left :clown: 

Nicki rapping about who looks up to her when the girls are all looking up to the elusive Renaissance chanteuse.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

As if she would sit in the audience to watch the show. In 2016 I think she wasn't in the audience at all. She got up there to perform, got up there to collect her awards and duck. Prior to performing she must have been in her dressing room or something like that.

She can still do that and avoid this clown show trying to get a reaction out of her.

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Literally every artist besides Taylor and Nicki left the VMAs yesterday as soon as they performed/won.

- Cardi

- Megan

- Olivia

- Doja

- Selena

If even those people know to leave such a khia event then why would freaking Bey even give the event the time of day.

Sorry usually I’m team lashing Bey for not doing things and having the annoying elusive act, but I have no reason to drag her for not attending the ****** VMAs in 2023 :rip:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

Well Megan and Cardi didn’t sit around, they performed and left :clown: 

as they should, i would’ve left too :rip:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.