• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

10 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

28 in two days but 90 on the inside, I dint go to no collidge got no degree, broke, walk to work, live with parents, but I have fine taste and I'm hung so

source.gif

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

On a serious note though, most Beyoncé fans I know are tops but OKC is full of tops for whatever reason

where are they because it’s always other bottoms trying to hit me up when I’m back home :gaycat7:

21 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

She really pulled a Mary J Blige and never released Act II 

I'm sure it's still coming but it'll be after the tour is over. Maybe not even until next year.

13 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I'm sure it's still coming but it'll be after the tour is over. Maybe not even until next year.

the optimism in "Maybe" 

source.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

vma’s are beneath her, grammys are beneath her, performing is beneath her, social media’s beneath her, music videos are beneath her, album promo is beneath her, other continents are beneath her like what ISN’T beneath her other than money from dubious sources ? 

source.gif

Yes, I hate this talking point from fans. She's above everything and apparently the gp felt that way too and moved on from her. 

Janet, Mariah, and Madonna are still vying to stay relevant lol.. yet Beyonce is above it all? 

Edited by carameldelight
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

Yes, I hate this talking point from fans. She's above everything and apparently the gp felt that way too and moved on from her. 

Janet, Mariah, and Madonna are still vying to stay relevant lol.. yet Beyonce is above it all? 

like yeah i definitely agree she shouldn’t go to these events anymore bc they aren’t relevant enough and don’t respect her but the whole "it’s beneath her" thing is tired… WE are also beneath her and it’s glaringly obvious that she thinks the same, don’t we deserve something ?  that’s also why she doesn’t do anything for us that doesn’t include our money :tornado:

doing 1 measly album medley at an award show really wouldn’t kill her, even if she doesn’t get paid who cares she’s not in need :deadbanana4:  and if she absolutely doesn’t wanna go there just put up a stage in your garden and film a home concert idk

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

Oklahoma CITY.

I don't claim the rest of this backwards ass state. 

Every other weekend I'm in Dallas though so sometimes I just tell folks I'm from Texas.

source.gif

I like Oklahoma City, seems like it's on the comeup, I haven't been in a year or two, but the downtown is cute.  Oklahoma is pretty though.

I'm not sure being Texan is better :lmao:

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2023 at 7:12 AM, yonsé said:

hi girls.

i know youve been on the hunt for good audio of the show, so i finally took the highest quality show (Atlanta night 3) and fixed all the audio glitches and added in all the interludes from other HQ recordings. its the most complete version of the show we have. you can snag it here. happy listening

jQ4IVyM.jpg

Merci!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

At this point, it's like very separate projects :rip:

It’s crazy how both “HEARD ABOUT US” and “FIND YOUR WAY BACK” easily lives within my Top 10 of Bey’s best after I initially disregarded them :clap3:

2 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

OKC is full of tops

Im on my way

spacer.png

• Haha 3

When I was like 7 I was obsessed with Oklahoma for some reason. I had a book about Oklahoma City. I honestly have no ****ing idea why and it couldn't have lasted long. Probably I'd read a Little House On The Prairie book and was romanticizing the plains for a month.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, carameldelight said:

Ugh the way lambs were FED during the autobiography era a couple years ago and now she’s uploading old demos to YouTube and answering fan questions. :monkey:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carameldelight said:

Beyoncé's persona is far different than any of those mentioned, and I think the difference is that Beyoncé became a legend in real time while she was currently active, relevant and popular. This has created a different relationship to Beyoncé from the public, fans and fellow celebrities. We brag that she's the celebrity's celebrity and it's for this reason. Her scarcity and the level of respect makes seeing her an unbelievable thing, so in many ways compared to what is given at these awards shows, she does in fact seem like she's in a league above them.

Janet, Mariah nor Madonna (from what I know) were never as revered and respected during their creative heydays so it's a different thing. You can look at how Beyoncé was treated at this year's Grammys, for example, to see the tone of respect and the way that she is regarded. By their seventh albums, Madonna, Janet and Mariah were very much still playing the pop game, and needing to. Beyoncé has very clearly not been doing that since at least the last decade, and doesn't seem to need to do so either when it comes to respect or even a certain level of success.

(I also don't see those named particularly vying for relevance outside of Madonna maybe but that's another topic).

Edited by swissman

I just don't understand what more we actually need than just great music? I know very well what we want and I of course want it too, but at some point we just need to give it up and just relax into having what we do have from her.

Because realistically, do you see Beyoncé getting more commercially minded? Is she suddenly gonna be a promo queen? Maybe. Maybe it's a master plan to be low-key act i and then all out in act ii / iii. But that also seems unlikely. Every era since 2011 she's only gotten less commercially minded. So what do you do now? Complain about it forever? Is that really the state you want to be in? Or maybe you can just enjoy the music, and be glad she's putting out quality...the one thing that has increased every era since 2011.

Edited by swissman

2 hours ago, queenoftheclouds said:

She really pulled a Mary J Blige and never released Act II 

well honey we're still in act i.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, swissman said:

I just don't understand what more we actually need than just great music? I know very well what we want and I of course want it too, but at some point we just need to give it up and just relax into having what we do have from her.

Because realistically, do you see Beyoncé getting more commercially minded? Is she suddenly gonna be a promo queen? Maybe. Maybe it's a master plan to be low-key act i and then all out in act ii / iii. But that also seems unlikely. Every era since 2011 she's only gotten less commercially minded. So what do you do now? Complain about it forever? Is that really the state you want to be in? Or maybe you can just enjoy the music, and be glad she's putting out quality...the one thing that has increased every era since 2011.

Its very simple why theres always complaining surrounding Bey:

- Lack of maximizing potential

- Lack of fun following her

Shes a great artist to just pay attention to every now and then these days, but to follow? Not really if we are being honest

• Like 2

I feel like we have heard 3 songs from Act II already. Echoes, the song with the “I beat that ***** with a bat” sample and the song with “it’s time for the percolator” sample. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Its very simple why theres always complaining surrounding Bey:

- Lack of maximizing potential

- Lack of fun following her

Shes a great artist to just pay attention to every now and then these days, but to follow? Not really if we are being honest

I'm not wondering why people complain, I'm wondering at what point will people accept it for what it is.

• Like 2

Just now, swissman said:

I'm not wondering why people complain, I'm wondering at what point will people accept it for what it is.

Thats fair

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

As I've been saying, she's not giving us a tour AND and album in the same year. She's not overfeeding us because she wants us hot and skinny at the shows (otherwise it's too expensive and strenuous to remove disruptive elements from the footage). Get ready for the The Acts Tours Trilogy Compilation (exclusively on digital) in 2028. 

If we behave well, we might get questionable stale leftovers the visuals at some point later this year. It's like a treat.

IMG_3960.thumb.gif.e1f5b10dc6dc8e9f9ac85

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.