Beyoncé

Kisuke

2 hours ago, Draper. said:

You're mixing many things. Kanye said it about the VMAs, but she's actually won every category there. She's their most awarded artist, and they even nominated her 4 times this year WITHOUT releasing videos.

The Grammys have an issue with racism. That's where she is not winning outside of RnB categories. It's obvious, and it's been pointed out. Huge artists like Drake, The Weeknd and Frank don't even submit their work anymore, and I'm sure Bey thinks the same as them. But she can't do that because unlike them she actually wins awards and everyone would turn it into a "Beyoncé thinks she's a goddess"/she's a diva/she's ungrateful issue.

And the Grammy's never said anything about Beck being more acclaimed, they don't give reasons to their decisions and well, he WASN'T more acclaimed. Just google the facts. About Lemonade, I don't even know how I was listening back then. If she relesed exclusively on Tidal today I'd probably wouldn't listen half as much as I did Lemonade.

I understand where you are coming from. I still believe what kanye said applies to all award shows, especially ones voted by industry peers. 

I was Moreso referring to the discourse at the time surrounding the beck vs beyonce situation. And lemonade a voter mentioned not hearing the album. 

• Replies 111.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

7 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

Still haven't forgiven parkwood for this. 

CDN media

this tweet makes me question the recent tea tbh

like were they always planning on it being this delayed?

they must’ve already known that it was in limbo here :skull:

• Like 1

Ol*via definitely seems to be mimicking a more Beyoncé-like career shift right now, transitioning from radio friendly pop girl into a more sophisticated, acclaimed respected artist and performer. Guts will probably be her 4, underperforming singles left and right but she will solidify a touring fanbase and won't really flop even if it seems like a career lull

spacer.png

Edited by SashaDevachelli
  • Haha 2

All I said was the critics ain’t **** and y’all made it an Olivia thing. Like who cares about her?

There was a time no matter how good the music was, teen acts, young artists rarely received good reviews let alone major awards. Now you have Billie Eillish winning AOTY at 18 when someone like Beyoncé who has raised the bar with each album and shifted the industry has 0. 

Make with that what you will but it’s BS. 

Edited by sillycilla
  • Thanks 7

32 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

this tweet makes me question the recent tea tbh

like were they always planning on it being this delayed?

they must’ve already known that it was in limbo here :skull:

this was halloween 2022. if the recent news is correct, they didnt start shopping it to studios until december 2022. so it wasn't ready yet at this point.

6 minutes ago, yonsé said:

this was halloween 2022. if the recent news is correct, they didnt start shopping it to studios until december 2022. so it wasn't ready yet at this point.

So does that mean that it wasn’t even finished yet?

cause she was still filming in late july for BMS :coffee2:

which has me thinking…is that why some of  the teased looks and visuals weren’t included in the booklet and album shoot…cause they weren’t even filmed yet when they arranged it all…or was BMS the last mv to be filmed?

Edited by Bicassie

10 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

So does that mean that it wasn’t even finished yet?

cause she was still filming in late july for BMS :coffee2:

which has me thinking…is that why some of  the teased looks and visuals weren’t included in the booklet and album shoot…cause they weren’t even filmed yet when they arranged it all…or was BMS the last mv to be filmed?

yes. it wasn't finished yet.

36 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

All I said was the critics ain’t **** and y’all made it an Olivia thing. Like who cares about her?

There was a time no matter how good the music was, teen acts, young artists rarely received good reviews let alone major awards. Now you have Billie Eillish winning AOTY at 18 when someone like Beyoncé who has raised the bar with each album and shifted the industry has 0. 

Make with that what you will but it’s BS. 

I think that's a fair criticism. it's not limited to Rolling Stone or OR though, so complaining about their review of her new album did not convey what you're explaining now.

7 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I think that's a fair criticism. it's not limited to Rolling Stone or OR though, so complaining about their review of her new album did not convey what you're explaining now.

It’s definitely not limited but it 100% sparked my frustration. I don’t see what that has to do with Olivia though, every ire was directed towards rolling stone/critics.

Rennie jumped 10 spots to #26 on HDD sales chart. Up 7% and sold over 20k last week 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Rennie jumped 10 spots to #26 on HDD sales chart. Up 7% and sold over 20k last week 

If the visuals are ever released, hopefully it will move back into the top 10.

12 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Listening to IASF today and idc what anyone says Bey was in her pop bag. The I am half >>>>

The album isn't as bad as people say, she truly doesn't have one bad album

• Like 2

IASF is as bad as people say it is. You just like it because of nostalgia factors and because it’s Bey. If it was a Leona Lewis album you wouldn’t be defending it in a forum in 2023. Like, you just can’t listen to Broken Hearted Girl and tell me the production is any good, sorry. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Nah I loved IASF since it first dropped. The 1-2 punch of IIWAB to Halo. The Ave Maria performances, the single ladies video. Ego, diva, sweet dreams hello. A bop era.

After listening again I think the weakest tracks are video phone and radio (even though I used to love it)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Draper. said:

IASF is as bad as people say it is. You just like it because of nostalgia factors and because it’s Bey. If it was a Leona Lewis album you wouldn’t be defending it in a forum in 2023. Like, you just can’t listen to Broken Hearted Girl and tell me the production is any good, sorry. :rip:

They should play that instrumental on loop to extract information from criminals

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Nah I loved IASF since it first dropped. The 1-2 punch of IIWAB to Halo. The Ave Maria performances, the single ladies video. Ego, diva, sweet dreams hello. A bop era.

After listening again I think the weakest tracks are video phone and radio (even though I used to love it)

Satellites, Ave Maria, Thats Why Your Beautiful, Disappear, and scared of lonely doesn’t send you into a deep sleep? The chorus of Hello doesn’t irritate your ear drums? It makes me sad that this is the only Beyoncé album some people own or listened to in full. 

Edited by Fleahive

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.