• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Im loving the optimism for 2 million sales, let’s keep this energy when the album actually drops I want everyone to stream it on their phones, computers, nintendo switches, calculators, your grandma’s phone, now is the time

IMG_7102.gif

How many of y'all bought EIL, Homecoming, or The Gift?

I remember most of us admitted to not buying EIL. :deadbanana2:Even as a stan I didn't and I even hesitated to attend OTR II bc of Jay + the rehashed setlist. I'd imagine the majority of us to actually buy physical copies of her solo albums.

I’m assuming 50-100K sales for the boxes (at 4-5k total boxes per pose). My gut is telling me that she approached this in the same way as an IVP launch - with a goal of the boxes quickly selling out - so the sellout becomes the story to generate more interest in the album and future drops. Who knows with Bey - the real kii is if she pulls a Willy Wonka and hides tickets to her pop up shows in the boxes. That would ensure massive sales for the act II boxes. 

Just now, Starshine said:

I remember most of us admitted to not buying EIL. :deadbanana2:Even as a stan I didn't and I even hesitated to attend OTR II bc of Jay + the rehashed setlist. I'd imagine the majority of us to actually buy physical copies of her solo albums.

I bought EIL. I got it tho too to make my Jay Z collection larger:cm:

33 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Ur overestimating Beys draw I believe. We're living in a recession and physical sales are dead plus these boxsets are supposed to be collectibles. 

I would love to be proven wrong, but I rly dont think she sold that much already

No one will know unless B or Columbia decided to reveal the number. 

If boxes could sell around 100K + Vinyl around 100K; she could easily pass 300K when streams and songs being added on the first week; so 300-400K is possible, maximum 500K. Wishful thinking but I hope she does 700K :lmao:Unfortunately I'm not from the US so my sale is invalid.

12 minutes ago, yeezytaughtme said:

I bought EIL. I got it tho too to make my Jay Z collection larger:cm:

Didn't buy any because there's no CD. 

20 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Im loving the optimism for 2 million sales, let’s keep this energy when the album actually drops I want everyone to stream it on their phones, computers, nintendo switches, calculators, your grandma’s phone, now is the time

IMG_7102.gif

It is really doesn't matter if she sell 0 copies as long as we Beyhives being positive and confidence. Just imagine before the album drops and the Beyhives are saying "it's impossible for her to do x and x" "don't set yourself up". I remember I was expecting worse for Lemonade and she did 650K. Same goes for ST only for her to sell 400K in day one.

Vinyls would have sold more if the pre-orders for them were uploaded at the same time imo :dancehall3:

"500K - 700k" :rip:

I really doubt there are more than 10k of each Pose.

1 hour ago, benyonce said:

This would be nice.. somehow I feel it will be less though. The idea of a “collectible” makes me think it’ll be a small number, which would work well for those who have snagged them. On the other hand the Stan in me hopes there is at least 50k between the boxes.

if the Twitter poll I saw the other day where fans voted on which box they bought is anything to go on (probably isn’t) box 1 wasn’t beating 2 or 3 by that much. They could sell out by tomorrow!

Collectible might be something limited but Beyoncé has like a huge fanbase maybe the amount produced is higher? 

1 minute ago, chaeyonce said:

Vinyls would have sold more if the pre-orders for them were uploaded at the same time imo :dancehall3:

"500K - 700k" :rip:

I really doubt there are more than 10k of each Pose.

The packaging is so important for vinyls so I understand why they're waiting. If she really does drop a new song this week and perform at the BETs she should reveal the cover then and put the vinyls up.

6 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The packaging is so important for vinyls so I understand why they're waiting. If she really does drop a new song this week and perform at the BETs she should reveal the cover then and put the vinyls up.

True, let's hope they don't take too long 

6 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Collectible might be something limited but Beyoncé has like a huge fanbase maybe the amount produced is higher? 

The number of people actually buying physicals has drastically dropped, big fanbase or not.

My take on these predictions is bigger lowball it and end up positively surprised than ridiculously overestimating the sales and being disappointed :celestial5:

I think she'll do alright first week and while sales are important, streams are going to be very important this era and this is where we really need to hope the album catches on with the more casual fans

Edited by chaeyonce
Forgotten words

26 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Got the digital and the physical. 

2 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

It is really doesn't matter if she sell 0 copies as long as we Beyhives being positive and confidence. Just imagine before the album drops and the Beyhives are saying "it's impossible for her to do x and x" "don't set yourself up". I remember I was expecting worse for Lemonade and she did 650K. Same goes for ST only for her to sell 400K in day one.

ST was the first true surprise drop that sent shockwaves, it had the entire world caught off guard. You also have to be mindful that Lemonade was a TIDAL exclusive and the only way to listen to the album for 3 years was to buy that $18 album. Lemonade also had the elevator incident as a precursor and the infidelity + the Super Bowl. 

This time is different. Beyonce is making the album more accessible and the pure sales will not be as much as Lemonade's. It's the nature of the streaming era.

25 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I received the Homecoming Vinyl as a present and thats it. I treated EIL and TG like Bey treated them - side projects. Homecoming was too monumental to let it pass and should be a mandatory item of anyone who considers himself a fan/music nerd.

With Renaissance, I got 1 boxset (Pose #3) and I plan on purchasing a vinyl deluxe if it looks pretty.

The pure sales will be fine if she taps into the vinyl market. So many opportunities 

exclusives for:

Amazon

Target

Walmart

UO

Indie stores

her own website

website exclusive variant 

+ a mega exclusive super limited expensive version like she had for Lemonade. 

i would easily buy all 7. 

Speaking of vinyl RSD 2023 better have bey galore. I want DIL 20th anniversary edition, DF, EIL and TLK TG 

Edited by OnMyCoolJ
Typo

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

Not me just discovering this…? :soda:

No way 

9 minutes ago, Devin said:

Not me just discovering this…? :soda:

That's definitely an old photo tho.

Anyway I'd rather her not having any big names collab on the album. Maybe the rumored Adele and Chris Martin one if any, just to make sense of the supposed Ryan Tedder feature

The way she elevated this look :jonny5:

look-4-harris-reed-sixty-years-a-queen-m

Also it’s like she makes it a point to wear whatever items Adut wears on the runway. At this point it can’t be a coincidence  :lmao: 

These 2 dresses from the same collection would fit the Renaissance era. Definitely would gag everyone if the wore them

Look+10_Harris+Reed_February+22_Marc+Hib

Look-6_Harris-Reed_Sixty-Years-A-Queen_M

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.