Beyoncé

Kisuke

God I went on a deep dive watching her performances, especially audience reactions of Beychella and it just made me feel even worse I miss her so much.:weeps:

Also her Made In America performance is underrated I love the setlist:jonnycat: she needs to bring back Jumpin Jumpin:jonnycat: Might as well bring back Bills Bills Bills and So Good since the tiktok kids know about it now:jonnycat:

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

10 hours ago, FLAallday said:

I saw Patti live in March and I kept thinking how good it would be if Bey sang Somebody Loves You Or If Only You Knew. I can hear New Attitude too.  The only Patti cover we ever got from her was Lady Marmalade at the Oscars right?

Well, she did do a cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow at Movies Rock in 2007 which I'd consider a half-cover of a Patti song, and also when I saw Patti live in 2008 she mentioned how Beyoncé had called her to get tips for singing that song.

BUT I have not seen Patti since. I am jealous! Her voice is so legendary, still so strong!

8 minutes ago, swissman said:

Well, she did do a cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow at Movies Rock in 2007 which I'd consider a half-cover of a Patti song, and also when I saw Patti live in 2008 she mentioned how Beyoncé had called her to get tips for singing that song.

BUT I have not seen Patti since. I am jealous! Her voice is so legendary, still so strong!

I was thinking about that too but she really did sing it more in it’s traditional form than Patti’s version so I didn’t count it but you’re right, it’s like a half cover lol especially if Bey asked Patti for tips on singing it. 

I have also fantasized about her doing a Celine “power of love” tribute and how much she would eat it 

20 minutes ago, FLAallday said:

I was thinking about that too but she really did sing it more in it’s traditional form than Patti’s version so I didn’t count it but you’re right, it’s like a half cover lol especially if Bey asked Patti for tips on singing it. 

I have also fantasized about her doing a Celine “power of love” tribute and how much she would eat it 

omg a Céline medley would be so good too!

No but for real ... WHAT THE FUUUUCK? WHere THETJSEiofgifjsdnf FUUUCK IS SHSHEHWEHEEHHEHEEEE????!?!?!?!?!?!??!NFIPdmsgvpñdsmfvksdmf´sd,mfñlasmfc

19 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

No but for real ... WHAT THE FUUUUCK? WHere THETJSEiofgifjsdnf FUUUCK IS SHSHEHWEHEEHHEHEEEE????!?!?!?!?!?!??!NFIPdmsgvpñdsmfvksdmf´sd,mfñlasmfc

she's using that olive oil brand she promoted and getting the opportunity to learn how to cook 

Some of you will probably hate me now but of course for us 6 years seems like a long time. If we really think about it though she was very busy in the last 6 years. She toured, she launched her athletic wear line, she became pregnant again, she was cast in the Lion King, she prepared and rehearsed for Coachella, she recorded new songs for the joint album, then went on tour again and in the following year she worked on the Gift and Black is King, she released the first Ivy Park x Adidas drop, went into the studio again and is probably in the midst of finishing her latest project. :) We need to see it from her point of view.

44 minutes ago, CoralBlue said:

Some of you will probably hate me now but of course for us 6 years seems like a long time. If we really think about it though she was very busy in the last 6 years. She toured, she launched her athletic wear line, she became pregnant again, she was cast in the Lion King, she prepared and rehearsed for Coachella, she recorded new songs for the joint album, then went on tour again and in the following year she worked on the Gift and Black is King, she released the first Ivy Park x Adidas drop, went into the studio again and is probably in the midst of finishing her latest project. :) We need to see it from her point of view.

you're not alone in thinking this way. as much as I WANT the album I do remember just how much she produced in those 6 years that she really didn't have to do. I guess to some it'd be preferred to trade those works for a solo album, but nonetheless we WERE fed in the 6 years after Lemonade.

2 hours ago, CoralBlue said:

She didn't put out new content in 3 years aside from Savage Remix and Black Parade (which she didn't acknowledge after dropping it) and Be Alive which she only acknowledged because of her Oscar nom. End of story.

Ms "I can record an album in 2 weeks if I want to" had the entirety of the Pandemic to record stuff in PRIVACY (which she adores) and only dropped IVP in the meantime, which again, is not music related

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

The amount of new material she can perform for the new tour:jonny2:

I need Bigger, a Diva/Savage remix dance break,  My Power/Run the World, Be Alive/Freedom, and then sprinkle in some DC/B’day songs and ofc new B7 songs:jonny2:

19 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

She didn't put out new content in 3 years aside from Savage Remix and Black Parade (which she didn't acknowledge after dropping it) and Be Alive which she only acknowledged because of her Oscar nom. End of story.

Ms "I can record an album in 2 weeks if I want to" had the entirety of the Pandemic to record stuff in PRIVACY (which she adores) and only dropped IVP in the meantime, which again, is not music related

Sis has 3 kids. :deadbanana:

12 minutes ago, CoralBlue said:

I kinda get this. 

I of course want the album like immediately, but in smartly adapting to this era of diminished attention-spans, Bey has been savvy enough to have a "something" out in every year since Lemonade dropped to keep her name and brand hot. Everything from the side projects to the OTR II tour to the quick lil collabs to IVP.

No artist, including Bey, can really afford to totally be off the grid like in years of past. Hell, even Adele got a slight wake-up call.

Maybe I'm retro-fitting, but I do feel the hiatus has and will work to her favor. 

Bey's "thing" is the "visual album". So, much as I wanted B7 in 2021, I couldn't shake the fact it essentially would have dropped within a year of BIK...a long-form visual album. Playing her special card at such close intervals dilutes the effectiveness IMO. It probably wouldn't have mattered too much, but is still a consideration nonetheless. 

Now she's two calendar years removed from her last visual drop and there's now qualitative and quantitive distance to drop anytime now. 

Miss thing out here buying lemon water & Hampton houses... Where is the ALBUM?!

:dies:

1 hour ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Sis has 3 kids. :deadbanana:

She has a husband, she has  parents, she has nannys, she has money, she has access, we're living in the 21st century. Imagine mothers stopping to work because of having children. Like cmon now, the kids arent infants anymore

50 minutes ago, Crayzik said:

The Baby Boy dance break in heels :jonny:what a moment

My favourite performance from the DIL era hands down!

2 hours ago, Crayzik said:

The Baby Boy dance break in heels :jonny:what a moment

The level of C.U.N.T. she displayed during the DIL era already :jonny:

13 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

She has a husband, she has  parents, she has nannys, she has money, she has access, we're living in the 21st century. Imagine mothers stopping to work because of having children. Like cmon now, the kids arent infants anymore

I get this reasoning, but I also think that it's more than fair for a woman who has hustled since she was 16 to prioritize being around her young kids at an age that goes by too quickly. She's talked about the sacrifices she had to make to get where she is insofar as giving up certain life experiences many times, and I think it's a bit unfair to just say "suck it up and keep working, legend". I know she can probably take them anywhere but working the amount she does when she's "on", that's not the same as being with her babies full time.

And tbh she probably is hustling, working hard anyway. It's just not fitting into our schedule of what we want for her.

yea i’m over the 3 kids excuse LOL!

get your ass back to work hun 

This is the same women who carried Blue, Rumi, and Sir. Risking her pregnancy dancing her ass off. She could balance work and motherhood frfr.

I don’t think she’s dragging her feet or not prioritizing work. What she’s working on probably isn’t ready yet, and it’s that simple. Bey changes her mind on a whim. This is a woman that has scrapped entire albums/concepts to rework. I just think she’s perfecting. 

15 minutes ago, Devin said:

This is the same women who carried Blue, Rumi, and Sir. Risking her pregnancy dancing her ass off. She could balance work and motherhood frfr.

it's not that she couldn't balance work and motherhood. she's clearly been doing that since the twins were born, releasing 2 albums, 1 visual album, 1 concert, 1 concert documentary, multiple stand-alone songs, and HOW MANY IvyPark drops?

it's moreso does she WANT to do that? Should she HAVE TO be away from her babies (and I'd assume she's not planning to have more) as a bonafide legend who has hustled since she was 8 just to please anxious fans?

what if she just wants to spend as much time with them as possible before they go off to school, when she'll have more time available for herself?

I mean she could've retired as soon as Blue was announced, as she told us she'd do in interviews when she was in her 20s. Instead she gave us 2 of her best albums, 2 of the best albums of the 2010s. She's more than allowed to release on her schedule, not our's.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.