• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

This is like the 3rd Bey sample in less than a month. Geez

16 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Also I thought about how much Bey has always Admired Tina Turner, especially after her comeback with Whats love got to do with it. Maybe shes aimimg for a similar comeback, redefining what it means to be Beyonce and also opening up again to promo and the public in general. Lets hope for the best sistrens

tbh the eat the cake anna mae lyric is WRONG. and she was highly disrespectful for that. so idk if she should be admiring tina turner anymore after what she did lol. 

49 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

tbh the eat the cake anna mae lyric is WRONG. and she was highly disrespectful for that. so idk if she should be admiring tina turner anymore after what she did lol. 

She??? You do realise it was Jay who wrote and said that, right? When are we gonna stop blaming women for men's actions? Bey adores Tina Turner, she's made that clear many times, even recently with the birthday post on her website.

This is so random. Maybe it's going to be used as a filming location? I really hope so. It looks like a real life castle.

the only thing I wanna change about ivy park is that I think it should be in stores

those limited drops work only for hypebeast things like yeezys but ivy park should be available everywhere 

3 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

tbh I do think the lyric is in bad taste, that is for sure. on the other hand, I think it's also  an iconic line that has been repeated so much it sort of loses its meaning in the way that people add it into conversations or inject it into jokes as punchlines where it works, ESPECIALLY in rap.

but with the mike tyson lyric right before maybe there is a bit of physicality being referenced, but in some ways its interesting the way Jay flips the meaning and actually I kinda think he was asking Bey to eat his ass looooool.

Edited by swissman

2 minutes ago, swissman said:

tbh I do think the lyric is in bad taste, that is for sure. on the other hand, I think he was clearly referencing the fact that THIS line is an iconic line that has been repeated so much it sort of loses its meaning in the way that people add it into conversations or inject it into jokes as punchlines where it work, ESPECIALLY in rap.

but with the mike tyson lyric right before maybe there is a bit of physicality being referenced, but in some ways its interesting the way Jay flips the meaning and actually I kinda think he was asking Bey to eat his ass looooool.

yeah lol i can see it being it a popular hip-hop reference. just kinda weird. 

2 hours ago, abeille said:

She??? You do realise it was Jay who wrote and said that, right? When are we gonna stop blaming women for men's actions? Bey adores Tina Turner, she's made that clear many times, even recently with the birthday post on her website.

:bibliahh:  it was her song, on her album. idk why one can't voice their opinion without someone like you. 

With G*ga's new soundtrack song coming out, there will probably be a lot of messiness coming since the Hive vs. M*nsters thing for the last ~3 years seems very wrapped up in soundtrack performances for some reason. I already see in the G*ga base people talking about Spirit's performance (and still implying it has had huge exposure lol, for all its 30 seconds of air-time).

Anyway, I'm just posting this to hopefully remind ourselves to not engage in pettiness nor hit below the belt. I really think this stan war is one of the most annoying of all that the Hive has been in. It's so wrapped up in bitterness and holding entire bases accountable for what one/two messy members claimed about something.

From what I can tell, people think one side did something bad to them, so they must do the same to the other. The cycle repeats as no one can really tell who did what first or realize that "who did what first" doesn't matter and both sides are being ridiculous.

So defend Beyoncé but if I may be so bold to suggest this: don't go out of your way to offend anyone else in the matter.

3 hours ago, abeille said:

This is so random. Maybe it's going to be used as a filming location? I really hope so. It looks like a real life castle.

It is a real life castle. She isn’t going to own it in the sense she can just go do what she wants - she and other investors are making it into a resort. 

I could see her doing a performance there when it opens though 

7 hours ago, thirdward said:

the only thing I wanna change about ivy park is that I think it should be in stores

those limited drops work only for hypebeast things like yeezys but ivy park should be available everywhere 

Agreed. I think the exclusivity thing gets her to sell faster, but I think it would be better to have a steady inventory in stores at some point otherwise it’s just BeyHive that’s getting it, I don’t think this brand will really grow if it’s not easily and readily available for people to try on.

6 hours ago, swissman said:

tbh I do think the lyric is in bad taste, that is for sure. on the other hand, I think it's also  an iconic line that has been repeated so much it sort of loses its meaning in the way that people add it into conversations or inject it into jokes as punchlines where it works, ESPECIALLY in rap.

Ewww ??? You must be crazy sir ???

6 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

:bibliahh:  it was her song, on her album. idk why one can't voice their opinion without someone like you. 

Yeah I saw clips of a Tina Turner documentary/interview this past year and seeing how tough her life has been, it just isn’t a good look.

Honestly, thinking about it now, I Kinda hope Bey doesn’t tapped for another TT tribute. I can see her getting torn up for it because of the decision to include that line. Even though she would obviously be the best fit for the job.  

1 hour ago, Hallad173 said:

Yeah I saw clips of a Tina Turner documentary/interview this past year and seeing how tough her life has been, it just isn’t a good look.

Honestly, thinking about it now, I Kinda hope Bey doesn’t tapped for another TT tribute. I can see her getting torn up for it because of the decision to include that line. Even though she would obviously be the best fit for the job.  

you're probably right about that, the think pieces would be too much, BUT I also think we NEED a Tina Turner Medley the way she did a Stevie Wonder Medley....

I mean a mix of Proud Mary that goes into The Best that goes into Private Dancer that goes into Nutbush City Limits would SLAY.

Speaking of other tribute medley's I'd like from Beyoncé, her covering Patti LaBelle's New Attitude would be SO GOOD. I can already hear her voice singing the opening lyrics and it's fantastic and mix that in with If Only You Knew and maybe an underrated LaBelle song...You'll Never Walk Alone, or Isn't It A Shame or What Can I Do For You?

Edited by swissman

Regarding the Anne mae lyrics:

From what I know, Bey seems to be an extremely thoughtful person. I wouldnt put it past her that she actually asked Tina Turner in private whether it would be ok for her that Bey released such lyrics.

Also, as far as we know, Tina never said sth against them, which might be further proof that they dealt with all of that bts

6 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Regarding the Anne mae lyrics:

From what I know, Bey seems to be an extremely thoughtful person. I wouldnt put it past her that she actually asked Tina Turner in private whether it would be ok for her that Bey released such lyrics.

Also, as far as we know, Tina never said sth against them, which might be further proof that they dealt with all of that bts

She wished her a happy birthday recently and cites her as an influence every chance she gets. I definitely think it was in poor taste, but she did mention in her mini documentary about the album that Jay sort of freestyled the verse, which in no way justifies anything but it's entirely possible she didn't give it a second thought and wanted to let Jay do his thing. With how vocal she's been about her respect for Tina it's highly unlikely that she had any ill will or wanted to deprecate her in any way.

5 hours ago, swissman said:

Speaking of other tribute medley's I'd like from Beyoncé, her covering Patti LaBelle's New Attitude would be SO GOOD. I can already hear her voice singing the opening lyrics and it's fantastic and mix that in with If Only You Knew and maybe an underrated LaBelle song...You'll Never Walk Alone, or Isn't It A Shame or What Can I Do For You?

I saw Patti live in March and I kept thinking how good it would be if Bey sang Somebody Loves You Or If Only You Knew. I can hear New Attitude too.  The only Patti cover we ever got from her was Lady Marmalade at the Oscars right?

The way her Glastonbury covers (and the Glastonbury performance in general) are vocal masterpieces.:jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat:

The way Beyoncé’s voice is so suited to those stadium rock songs! She needs one for herself, (Don’t Hurt Yourself has served its purpose at this point, no shade).
The way I wish she coulda SNATCHED Sex On Fire from their asses, and she would have her perfect stadium song! LOL 

The way I’m now dying to hear more of that style from her ???

24 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

The way her Glastonbury covers (and the Glastonbury performance in general) are vocal masterpieces.:jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat:

The way Beyoncé’s voice is so suited to those stadium rock songs! She needs one for herself, (Don’t Hurt Yourself has served its purpose at this point, no shade).
The way I wish she coulda SNATCHED Sex On Fire from their asses, and she would have her perfect stadium song! LOL 

The way I’m now dying to hear more of that style from her ???

I have always wanted her to cover Heart “Crazy On You” even as a mashup with Don’t Hurt Yourself. It’s like just thinking about it I can already hear her absolutely slaying it

The way I would be fine with a crumb. A still from a music video. A poster. Anything…she really is starving us

3 hours ago, yonsé said:

The way I would be fine with a crumb. A still from a music video. A poster. Anything…she really is starving us

The way Ive been listening to Honey Dijon just for the sake of feeling any sort of delusional excitement about B7 is just… let me not.

I just want her to come back and **** up this dry industry, because my God is 2022 a shitty years so far musically speaking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.