Beyoncé

Kisuke

4 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

She should’ve toured HOMECOMING to cities with large populations of Black people and advertised heavily with HBCUs.

We wanted to see that live.

!!!

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 hour ago, Shone Ai said:

Madonna at 54 with more children than Bey 

And this is why she is a Queen, she CLEARED this.

BUDGET!!!! 

1 hour ago, Shone Ai said:

And it was recycled arrangements from Beychella, FWT and the first joint tour. 

Am I insane for hoping for I Am Tour level of energy?

I blame jay for this. I think that was the first time I was like …huh at her arrangements and all that the tour just felt super uninspired outside of her wardrobe. Dubai was already a step up creatively I loved how she used the back up dancers the high level synchronization and her vocals there I think if she just dances more we will have our best Beyoncé tour by far :jonny5:

2 hours ago, suneclipse121 said:

I know a lot of us are hinting that she might be slowing down energy wise for RWT but wasn’t Madonna and hell even Tina Turner still giving it their all in their 40’s and 50’s. I don’t see why the same can’t be true for Bey. I don’t see why she wouldn’t be able to bring it like we’re used to from her. 

Madonna was also at visible peak fitness, it's not all about aesthetics but lets see how Bey is looking when she decides to next be seen in public. All we know is that she kind of spent most of the era so far with quite a lot of weight on compared to her past eras, which surprised me because I would she would get fit to launch the album, film videos  etc. It kind of set the feeling that she was slowing down/not willing to push herself like she did in the past.

She may come out and slay like it's 2008 or she may come out as a very different kind of performer compared to her past self. I'm kind of expecting the latter. For me the most important is that the creativity and energy is there, I don't care for specific choreo or dance breaks 

Edited by Otter

2 hours ago, Shone Ai said:

Madonna at 54 with more children than Bey 

The way Madonna has more Black children than Beyoncé :deadbanana4:

Sometimes the best live experience don't translate that well on YouTube social media, you just have to be in the room to feel the energy and appreciate the music. This is why I'm not worried about her slowing down IF she does... Choreo is the least important part of an amazing tour 

Chlöe flopping becoming a Beyoncé problem...

fFXDF71.gif

I wonder what was Bey’s reaction to that lollipop video she posted a while back

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

Jay really overstated the demand for another Watch the Throne. He's never going to replicate its success. It's just sad he dragged Bey along with it.

Let's be real, that EIL album was always going to flop. Jay was/is so out of his prime (and he didn't even NEED to be, but he chose to "retire" on his own). And Bey doesn't promote her own music despite it always wanting to do more (like we see with Cuff It). So it was always gonna be DOA. 

Kanye, coming off the high of MBDTF, was definitely the draw for Watch The Throne

That said, Bey and Jay do have great chemistry, both understand music and culture, so I will always big up their song collabs. Like CIL, Deja Vu, Upgrade U, DrIL, Mood are all >>>. Even Jay's little Paris freestyle on Partition went hard. But yeah, sharing a whole album concept was a bit MUCH... especially when the story is "my man my man my man my man" and "we're rich". :eli:

Y'all are tripping if you think she would've toured Homecoming :skull: That show is insane, it would be physically impossible for her to perform like that every other night for a few months.

She's always served high energy and choreo, dance breaks, but Homecomming was just next level. I was completely gagged when I watched it live, she just kept going and harder and harder and harder and didn't seem to stop. I get exhausted just watching it lmao, imagine what it felt like for her :deadbanana: She's never performed like that before, probably never will again. 

It was once in a lifetime performance, which is what makes it so special.

I heard Thique at a bar this weekend - and that is the sleeper hit on the album! 

8 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Y'all are tripping if you think she would've toured Homecoming :skull: That show is insane, it would be physically impossible for her to perform like that every other night for a few months.

She's always served high energy and choreo, dance breaks, but Homecomming was just next level. I was completely gagged when I watched it live, she just kept going and harder and harder and harder and didn't seem to stop. I get exhausted just watching it lmao, imagine what it felt like for her :deadbanana: She's never performed like that before, probably never will again. 

It was once in a lifetime performance, which is what makes it so special.

She literally performed half of the routines on OTR2. She could have done a scaled down HBCU tour. That would have been iconic 

14 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Let's be real, that EIL album was always going to flop. Jay was/is so out of his prime (and he didn't even NEED to be, but he chose to "retire" on his own). And Bey doesn't promote her own music despite it always wanting to do more (like we see with Cuff It). So it was always gonna be DOA. 

I still stream most songs on EIL to this day, but this is true.

EIL being a surprise drop, TIDAL exclusive for a few days, and it being a B+J love record when people were still not over Jay cheating and Lemonade... it wasn't what people were looking for at all. they were smart by releasing as "THE CARTERS."

Bey has a reputation to live up to and maintain she will get dragged if millions buy tickets to watch her stand around and let the dancers do everything lbr. She’s not even 50 people expect her to dance 

been crying over a man and Runnin' (Love Drought too :rip:) has been hitting different :WAP:

this woman has a song for everything

49 minutes ago, simon said:

She literally performed half of the routines on OTR2. She could have done a scaled down HBCU tour. That would have been iconic 

Yes. HALF. With then being more spread out throughout the show and with plenty of Jay breaks too.

OTR2 is probably 30% of the intensity of Homecoming, not comparable at all. 

1 hour ago, simon said:

I heard Thique at a bar this weekend - and that is the sleeper hit on the album! 

This is actually THE Bey album where every song (except AUIYM :oh:) could reasonably be a single. Like, it’s no fillers. Even Energy, as short a track/interlude as it is, could stand alone. 

Which is hard to do with 16 tracks! That’s why I’m like… teetering on whether or not this is her best album. But then she doesn’t promote it and I’m like well… I guess I’ll never know its true potential. :giraffe: In that case, the imagery of Lemonade in both film and performances still gives it the edge for me. 

30 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

because she didn't need to perform HOMECOMING for a crowd 50 times. :coffee2:

I really enjoyed OTR II, I'm not sure where this slander is coming from. is it because RWT is approaching? OTR II gave us some of the highlights from HOMECOMING, some new music with Jay, and some Jay classics. I don't even **** with his music like that but even his performances were hype (though sure, he did bring the overall show down a notch).

4 minutes ago, Kassi said:

This is actually THE Bey album where every song (except AUIYM :oh:) could reasonably be a single. Like, it’s no fillers. Even Energy, as short a track/interlude as it is, could stand alone. 

Which is hard to do with 16 tracks! That’s why I’m like… teetering on whether or not this is her best album. But then she doesn’t promote it and I’m like well… I guess I’ll never know its true potential. :giraffe: In that case, the imagery of Lemonade in both film and performances still gives it the edge for me. 

This kinda has nothing to do w the music. Renaissance is her best album like even AUIYM shakes me when I start appreciating it for what it is. It just doesn’t match the rest of the album every time I’m listening straight through it throws me off but when I listen to it on it’s own :loud:

12 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Plus, we had people tweeting a while ago that she was looking for dancers for voguing/ballroom so from that alone we can expect we’re gonna get some sort of party for this tour.

That's part of the worry, actually. She's looking for dancers so she can walk around the stage with the fan blowing her hair, while her dancers do the heavy lifting. Just like Dubai.

1 hour ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

That's part of the worry, actually. She's looking for dancers so she can walk around the stage with the fan blowing her hair, while her dancers do the heavy lifting. Just like Dubai.

We can't blame her for getting older, and we can't forget that she was in remission from a foot surgery while performing in Dubai. :chick3:

5 hours ago, kimberly said:

because she didn't need to perform HOMECOMING for a crowd 50 times. :coffee2:

I really enjoyed OTR II, I'm not sure where this slander is coming from. is it because RWT is approaching? OTR II gave us some of the highlights from HOMECOMING, some new music with Jay, and some Jay classics. I don't even **** with his music like that but even his performances were hype (though sure, he did bring the overall show down a notch).

OTR II was bad, at least for her standards. So rushed, boring, lacked of imagination/ambition. Really pointless tour. I also felts she was not 'there' spiritually.  

6 hours ago, AxelFox said:

this, and that’s without counting the fact that half of the tour was low energy/sloppy for beyoncé standards, especially after homecoming 

on another topic i really don’t want 20 thousand dancers again, it’s getting really stale. i get her using big bands and having a lot of dancers for some visuals effects but it’s gotten lazy, be alive didn’t need half of all those dancers spinning in circles and dubai was just… :biblio: i’m coming to see beyoncé dance, not a couple hundred random girls doing cheerleader formations 

what happened to having a nice band, some backup singers and a cute dozen dancers ? 

1 hour ago, Tangane said:

We can't blame her for getting older, and we can't forget that she was in remission from a foot surgery while performing in Dubai. :chick3:

She's older but not that old. If Madonna could do sommersaults and backflips at 50 then Bey can shake that ass at 40. She just needs to put the work in which we know she can.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.