• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Not the biggest stan of EiL but Apesh*t truly is that song and the video ahhh:clap3:

Viola's already getting Oscar buzz for the role, so it'll be great publicity for the song. :clap3:

30 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Viola's already getting Oscar buzz for the role, so it'll be great publicity for the song. :clap3:

The Gift being the soundtrack of BIK is the best description ever. The whole thing is just so confusing when you mention TLK. I just wish people would actually give the name of the album now. 

The numbers of people searching Black Is King on Spotify after the film debuted and not finding it is still not funny. :sad:

4 hours ago, G'Day said:

Hello, let’s celebrate that :clap3: 

8 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Not the biggest stan of EiL but Apesh*t truly is that song and the video ahhh:clap3:

Thank you for this :clap3:This is why I love the concept of the video - it's so deep with so many layers

6 hours ago, MrLovett said:

One of the Best Songs on The Gift!!!!

5 hours ago, BnPac said:

The Gift being the soundtrack of BIK is the best description ever. The whole thing is just so confusing when you mention TLK. I just wish people would actually give the name of the album now. 

The numbers of people searching Black Is King on Spotify after the film debuted and not finding it is still not funny. :sad:

I never thought about that!

All together, the entire thing is confusing. I remember bringing up The Gift with a friend who is pretty pop culture savvy a few weeks after it came out and he had no clue The Gift even existed. Releasing it one week after The Original Soundtrack Album for The Lion King and both sharing the first lead single (with BIGGER added to the Spirit video a week later) really makes no sense if you want to have people know about it on its own.

I assume there is some behind-the-scenes stuff that made it so The Gift or its single(s) couldn't come first, but had she released IT the week before, or even a few weeks before, I do think it would be a different story and probably a #1.

I do think Beyoncé just intended it to be a cute lil side project but truthfully it's so good it deserved so much more, so I'm glad she saw that and made the masterpiece that is Black is King, still confusingly titled/released as it was.

“beyoncé hasn’t wished anyone a happy birthday in over a week” is absolutely SENDING me :deadbanana4:

The Gift is such a stellar album. I would even go as far as saying it's better than all of her 2000s ones. I think the release of BIK definitely helped me appreciate it more.

44 minutes ago, abeille said:

The Gift is such a stellar album. I would even go as far as saying it's better than all of her 2000s ones. I think the release of BIK definitely helped me appreciate it more.

The Gift is absolutely stellar and definitely better than EIL, which feels much more niche.

TG has commercial appeal to it plus a few of her best tracks ever (Bigger and Otherside alone are Highlights of her career)

2 hours ago, Click Clack said:

“beyoncé hasn’t wished anyone a happy birthday in over a week” is absolutely SENDING me :deadbanana4:

The fact its the first time in literal years :rip: 

Maybe we're free

I feel in my heart Beyoncé still has not released the album that will be my absolute favorite every time I fall in love with an album she fucks me up all over again the next era :coffee2:

Impressive considering she hasn’t been there since 2009

22 minutes ago, smoothkarmel said:

Impressive considering she hasn’t been there since 2009

The way that 5/6 of her albums are R&B/urban. Also, it's interesting that she's top 10 in Brazil and Australia. Her stats in Korea's Melon are great too plus in the UK she's one of the highest single seller. 

if 2013 is anything to go by, the album is coming out when we are at the most desperate.

so keep the meltdowns coming!

13 hours ago, G'Day said:

Not me taking this as a good sign, whew chile the desperation is at a max I think 

Also I thought about how much Bey has always Admired Tina Turner, especially after her comeback with Whats love got to do with it. Maybe shes aimimg for a similar comeback, redefining what it means to be Beyonce and also opening up again to promo and the public in general. Lets hope for the best sistrens

Moreover, can I we get a double album please? If there is one person to pull off a GREAT double album with no fillers, its Beyonce. Also, the double album would inflate her streams aka making her immune to flopping commercially speaking without losing her well-earned respect amongst critics. Also, it would lend itself way more for a Netflix-Visual-Experience type of series.

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

I’m not expecting any type of huge announcement for the album I feel like it’s just gonna be something very laid back and casual.

I’ve just been listening to mashups on YouTube and pretending like it’s new music at this point 

32 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Not me taking this as a good sign, whew chile the desperation is at a max I think 

Also I thought about how much Bey has always Admired Tina Turner, especially after her comeback with Whats love got to do with it. Maybe shes aimimg for a similar comeback, redefining what it means to be Beyonce and also opening up again to promo and the public in general. Lets hope for the best sistrens

Moreover, can I we get a double album please? If there is one person to pull off a GREAT double album with no fillers, its Beyonce. Also, the double album would inflate her streams aka making her immune to flopping commercially speaking without losing her well-earned respect amongst critics. Also, it would lend itself way more for a Netflix-Visual-Experience type of series.

a double album would be PERFECT. kinda makes sense since it's been ~3 years since a new full work and I'm sure she has a lot to say/give us. I'm ready for I'm Not... Sasha Fierce.

10 hours ago, BnPac said:

See I never thought about the accessibility to casual listeners. Hmm, that’s quite the oversight. Wonder how many streams have been lost from that.

Wow. This will be a great business move

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.