Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

So basically Jolene is an anthem uplifting beautiful women :gayoncecat3:

I still think it's a pick me song but there's nothing I can do about it. The cover will be lovely.  :gayoncecat3:

• Replies 108.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

And Whitney did change IWALU sound wise. I'm excited to see how Beyoncé approaches it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

And Whitney did change IWALU sound wise. I'm excited to see how Beyoncé approaches it.

fun fact: Dolly wrote Jolene and I Will Always Love You in the same day 

when will our fave

CCCAT.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

fun fact: Dolly wrote Jolene and I Will Always Love You in the same day 

when will our fave

CCCAT.png

She was going through it! 

Fave wrote bootylicious on a plane :gayoncecat3:

Lol no but seriously, Jolene is a classic. I just cringe every time I sing it. It's the same with Cater to you for me. 

I wish she covered this masterpiece instead of Jolene :katie:

• Haha 2

Less than 24 hours! 

I'm wondering if I should go to an album listening party, a whole bunch of bars will play the album when it's released. 

CHAPS ARE ON, COWBOY HAT IS ON, CHARDONNAY HAS BEEN POURED, ITS ALMOST TIME.

:jonny5:

:gayoncecat3:

• Like 1

@Shelter how many streams are we predicting for the first day 👀 

Spoiler

100M

• Like 1

Less than 24 hours….. I'm losing it 

she must be hella mad at Rennie leaked that she refused to ship Physical before the official release date  

:gayoncecat3::gayoncecat3:

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Now you know how I love to deep dive and OH BABY, look what I just wondered upon. :jonny2:

The spaghetti Western is a broad subgenre of Western films produced in Europe. It emerged in the mid-1960s in the wake of Sergio Leone's filmmaking style and international box-office success.[1] The term was used by foreign critics because most of these Westerns were produced and directed by Italians.[2] Leone's films and other core spaghetti Westerns are often described as having eschewed, criticized or even "demythologized"[3] many of the conventions of traditional U.S. Westerns. This was partly intentional, and partly the context of a different cultural background.[4]

Anne Marie Lastrassi 

:heart:

• Like 1

I find it sad that people find it so unacceptable that women (Bey specifically in this instance) aren't allowed to show insecurity anymore, they have to be "strong, confident and powerful" every second. "Jolene" is one of the most beloved and legendary country songs ever because of how brutally honest it is.

Human beings are multi-faceted and we love Bey for being able to showcase many sides to herself. Insecurity is a very valid and universal feeling, the only reason you don't want her to share that side of herself is because you don't want her to be dragged by haters. I'd rather her be honest in her music, personally.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is it me or are the ones who have collaborated on that album or who have heard it hyping it more up than rennie? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Draper. said:

Why would she rewrite Jolene when it's one of the best country songs ever? And how is it not a feminist song when it only says nice things about Jolene and it's not trying to beef with her at all? 

All I'm getting from some of the Hive complaining about the lyrics is that they wouldn't be bothered if Bey's husband hadn't actually been unfaithful.

I've no qualms about the lyrics whatsoever, what's wrong with a song talking about genuine feelings and the fear of betrayal ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swtamira said:

I really feel like this is gonna be the most soulful, most atmospheric, instrumentally rich album she's ever released. She's gonna give us a history lesson and also be innovative and give a modern spin on the genre/genres. I really don't see her doing the boring flavorless country radio music some fans are scared about, she's gonna elevate the genre. i'm sooo excited.

I have the same feeling :clap3:

I just know our ears are about to be blessed beyond belief. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Yall are outta yall MONKEY ASS MINDS if you think THEE Beyonce is singing these lyrics. :deadbanana2: If she does, Jay must have pushed her buttons HARD and she still wants to get his ass cause....

[Verse 1]
Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green

Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain

And I cannot compete with you, Jolene

LMAOOO IHYYY! Like of course we don't see Beyoncé singing those lyrics, but let's see what she cooks up. I just KNOW she's gonna make it her own! :deadbanana2:

That's a common misconception, Beyoncé isn't gonna sing those lyrics! Beyincé is.

2 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

@Shelter how many streams are we predicting for the first day 👀 

Reveal hidden contents

100M

You think? That's a lot. That's an average of 3.7 million. 

One thing my fellow bees:

Beyonce KNOWS how big Jolene is, yet she STILL wanted to take on that song. That means she has something to offer, a VISION that is absolutely going to DEVOUR. Im ready to be scalped by her take :jonny5:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Shelter said:

You think? That's a lot. That's an average of 3.7 million. 

@Blue Rose 

Spoiler

If we go by Renaissance's average around 2.7, and it really is 27 songs then it would be 72.9. Renaissance did leak though and there was no big name collabs. Texas is also bigger than BMS so I'm hoping it can go back to peak numbers. 

I suck at predictions but I'd say :

Spoiler

55M

NOT HER POSTING AT 4:30 IN THE MORNING. SHE'S SO ANNOYINGGG WTFFF!!! :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3

Y'all Spaghetti is probably the next single. Because why tf did she just post her eating Spaghetti on her jet!? Especially as the first photo of the collage. She's hinting at something Y'ALL!

I just LOVE platinum-yonce so much!!! She looks like such a Rock-star! Makes me squirt (and I dont even have a puss puss) :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.