Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 12) | WINNER REVEALED!

rl231

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• rl231

• Rotunda

• Anvarie

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Guero said:

happy anniversary! 

:ahh:

@Red Light I'm mad you had to use your idol so early, you should have better communicated to me bro:deadbanana4:

This would have been a easy round

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

@Red Light I'm mad you had to use your idol so early, you should have better communicated to me bro:deadbanana4:

This would have been a easy round

I didn't know if I should tell people or not once I got it so I was keeping secret until I decided :deadbanana4: and I'm super indecisive so I never decided kjfhdjkfhjkshf

I'm sorry :weeps:

8 minutes ago, Red Light said:

I didn't know if I should tell people or not once I got it so I was keeping secret until I decided :deadbanana4: and I'm super indecisive so I never decided kjfhdjkfhjkshf

I'm sorry :weeps:

I dont care if you dont tell me about the idol, that's too personal. Im talking strictly about your vote?

The whole gameplan went upside down. You could have used that idol rounds later

• ATRL Moderator

ud544Iv.png

@Rotunda @Golden Hour @dweebz @Anvarie @Marvin @khalyan @fais_2311 @Opulent @TruGemini

@Samsom @Kayseri Mantisi @beatinglikeadrum @DAP @Ampersand13 @Acetone @Harmonizer @Red Light @VenusFlyTrap

Hello everyone! Congratulations on making it to the final 18!

There has been plenty of speculation in the last few days, and I can now confirm the following...

DROP. YOUR. BUFFS!

It's time for our first tribe swap of the season.

How will our three new tribes be determined? I know you're all very familiar with our overall averages (in the spoiler below). These have been used to form the new tribes! Every 3rd ranking will be assigned to the same tribe. So the first tribe will consist of the people who rank #1, #4, #7, etc.

Spoiler
  1. Rotunda - 9.65625
  2. Golden Hour - 9.375
  3. dweebz - 9.03125
  4. Anvarie - 9
  5. Marvin - 8.59375
  6. khalyan - 8.5625
  7. fais_2311 - 8.1875
  8. Opulent - 8.0625
  9. TruGemini - 7.625
  10. Samsom - 7.5
  11. Kayseri Mantisi - 7.46875
  12. beatinglikeadrum - 7.375
  13. DAP - 7.15625
  14. Ampersand13 - 7.09375
  15. Acetone - 6.6875
  16. Harmonizer - 6.65625
  17. Red Light - 6.0625
  18. VenusFlyTrap - 4.8125

kDtS9oQkVf2vSb66SDy-599r-9N0dtWHcEFcKei1

1. Rotunda

4. Anvarie

7. fais_2311

10. Samsom

13. DAP

16. Harmonizer

uxL28hwKd5ECtfo2BBhrhEGHEVfZP0mCmU3CEdaD

2. Golden Hour

5. Marvin

8. Opulent

11. Kayseri Mantisi

14. Ampersand13

17. Red Light

j0FnF6RLosxByJsCvJJr9jJ0liSZMHqzEjWwqq5p

3. dweebz

6. khalyan

9. TruGemini

12. beatinglikeadrum

15. Acetone

18. VenusFlyTrap

You will be added to new tribe camps on Discord shortly! Please get to know your new tribemates over the next day.

Your first challenge as a new tribe will be posted at 7 PM EST on Friday, January 28th!

• ATRL Moderator

ud544Iv.png

Castaways, welcome to the fifth challenge of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 12)!

Your first with your new tribes - how exciting xx

Tribal immunity is back up for grabs... TWO tribes will win, while the other will be going to tribal council.

The highest scorer on each tribe will also receive immunity. Let’s get started!

The theme for Round 5 is...

Just So Predictable

"You're comin' back just like you have in the past"

This round, we are looking for songs that are odes to exes that keep crawling in and out of our lives. Your entry should lyrically depict a narrator who is trapped in this frustrating cycle, with the ex trying to return and restart the relationship. A unique component that will take your entry from good to excellent is the element of predictability. We want the narrator to comment on the recent breakup and how they expect this person to return in the near future. They've been down this road before -- being dumped just for them to try and make up again.

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM both of the hosts the artist and title of your song on Discord in our group DM. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, we encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

IMPORTANT NOTE: ONCE YOU SEND A SONG THAT IS AVAILABLE, YOUR CHOICE IS LOCKED AND YOU MAY NOT SWITCH. AGAIN, YOU CANNOT SWITCH SONGS. IF SOMEONE TAKES YOUR SONG FIRST, THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ONE, SO PLEASE SUBMIT A BACK-UP.

Take Into Consideration:
The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):
9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.
7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.
3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.
1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

We will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry.

The example for this round is "Telepath" by Conan Gray.

His significant other has just broken up with him again, and he comments on what he believes will happen next. He fully expects his ex to come crawling back quickly, and describes his actions as "old news" and "unoriginal". The ex will try to make up by texting him all the time, and wanting Conan back when he starts to move on. The scenario is annoying, predictable, and cyclical.

The two tribes with the highest average scores will be safe this round, meaning that the losing tribe will attend tribal council. Remember that the highest scoring member of each losing tribe will be immune at tribal council.

Your song submissions are due in 22 hours (10 PM ET) on Saturday, January 29th.

Good luck and please let the hosts know if you have any questions!

@Rotunda @Golden Hour @dweebz @Anvarie @Marvin @khalyan @fais_2311 @Opulent @TruGemini

@Samsom @Kayseri Mantisi @beatinglikeadrum @DAP @Ampersand13 @Acetone @Harmonizer @Red Light @VenusFlyTrap

good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.