HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

4 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Talking for 10 minutes on not one but two late night show on the other hand... Man. Taylor really brought out the big guns

SNL? GMA? Billboards all over the country, YouTube, Spotify, AM ads? Heavily promoted short film premiere? 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

5 hours ago, Gaia said:

No one is trying to be funny. Swifties weaponizing COVID is quite literally the most pathetic thing I've EVER seen on this forum.

Guess who originally brought up COVID as an excuse for Folklore's sales? Swifties.

Guess who are now trying to twist someone's words to say something they literally did not say? Swifties.

Guess who are still trying to act like COVID is less of a deal than it was in 2020? Swifties.

Continue being ignorant. Not that I would expect anything else.

Is 30 considered a pandemic album or not? :gaycat6:

We’ve already established you don’t understand context, so it’s not a surprise you don’t understand the context surrounding Folklore’s release and how it differs from albums released currently.

3 hours ago, Isaiah said:

I literally just praised red for doing fantastic numbers…? Nothing about that was shade to Adele, please go outside  :gaycat6:

no matter how you spin it, a re-recorded 9 year old album doing 100k in it’s 3rd week in 2021 is insane and of course stans of that given artist are gonna make throwaway comments like that :rip:

Didn’t you realize calling Taylor “The Music Industry”, a dumb nickname made up by Taylor fans, is somehow shade against Adele :isudumblmao:

9 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

SNL? GMA? Billboards all over the country, YouTube, Spotify, AM ads? Heavily promoted short film premiere? 

Yes, because Adele didn’t have those things :gaycat6:

Are y’all forgetting all the promo she did for Easy On Me, explicitly to drive pre-orders. Weren’t you bragging she got more viewers than the Grammys? :gaycat6:

Again, the competition over who did less promo is nonsense, you’re supposed to want your favs to promote (again, Adele isn’t your fav so we can exclude from that :turkey:). Both Adele and Taylor promoted.

Edited by Headlock

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Yes, because Adele didn’t have those things :gaycat6:

Are y’all forgetting all the promo she did for Easy On Me, explicitly to drive pre-orders. Weren’t you bragging she got more viewers than the Grammys? :gaycat6:

Again, the competition over who did less promo is nonsense, you’re supposed to want your favs to promote (again, Adele isn’t your fav so we can exclude from that :turkey:). Both Adele and Taylor promoted.

EOM was a comeback single released 5 weeks before the album, are you really counting that as album week promo to even it out with Taylor's massive promotion? :ahh:

14 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Adele has the biggest debut in HISTORY, no wonder that cult is fuming. They have to stick to EXTREMELY SPECIFIC records.

OT: Congrats, Adele!

pretty much this. and as if the records are theirs. lordt. white twink problems.

25 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

EOM was a comeback single released 5 weeks before the album, are you really counting that as album week promo to even it out with Taylor's massive promotion? :ahh:

Not massive :gaycat6:

She used to day way, way more 

38 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

You could pre-order the album when EOM came out, genius, they were announced at the same time :turkey:

Also L-O-****ing-L at "massive" promo for Taylor, when we were begging her for months to even acknowledge she was putting out an album :gaycat6:

Edited by Headlock

27 minutes ago, Shendelzare said:

When you hide behind Adele because your real fave is TANKING :rip:

the fact that by far the most invested people in these threads are a "Billie" fan, a Gaga fan, a Katy fan, and someone's dupe with 700 posts 

Anyone got biggest second weeks numbers? 

edit: Nvm it’s the first reply :rip: 

Edited by Cockney Cupcake

Just now, Brando said:

the fact that by far the most invested people in these threads are a "Billie" fan, a Gaga fan, a Katy fan, and someone's dupe with 700 posts 

Makes you think what their motivations are for defending someone they don't stan so fervently :turkey:

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

just saw that "Billie" fan was actually a "former" katycat :bibliahh:

Disappointing numbers from Adele... She's doing 160k more than a re-recorded album from nearly 10 years ago... :rip: 

Obviously, they're still solid numbers for any artist in general. But that doesn't take away the massive decline from the biggest album seller of the 10s.

9 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Disappointing numbers from Adele... She's doing 160k more than a re-recorded album from nearly 10 years ago... :rip: 

Obviously, they're still solid numbers for any artist in general. But that doesn't take away the massive decline from the biggest album seller of the 10s.

she will still probably one of the biggest album sellers from the 20's too honey

10 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

The Beatles released their documentary. Its been all over my Twitter this past week. I'm sure the album jumping is related

makes sense. Ok.

giphy.gif

after contributing to the chaos they claim they are tired...wow bethenney wow.

giphy.gif

I knew this would get to 20 pages...sad!:coffee2:

1 hour ago, Brando said:

it's tiring at this point :gaycat6:

You are one of the ones egging it on, though. If it's tiring, then shut up.

41 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

200k pure second week disappointing? :bibliahh: Just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

You are one of the ones egging it on, though. If it's tiring, then shut up.

i haven't been arguing with anyone in this thread, just posting observations, but you do you

FmDJ617.gif 

2 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

200k pure second week disappointing? :bibliahh: Just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself. 

From an artist that used to sell 20 million copies of an album in a market where every other artist would sell 3-4 million? Yes it is. :toofunny2:

It's disappointing in the sense that Adele's numbers always had astronomic gaps with her peers. Stop pretending you don't see it. :rip: 

40 minutes ago, Rawr said:

she will still probably one of the biggest album sellers from the 20's too honey

If she releases an album every 5 years, I doubt that. 

16 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

From an artist that used to sell 20 million copies of an album in a market where every other artist would sell 3-4 million? Yes it is. :toofunny2:

It's disappointing in the sense that Adele's numbers always had astronomic gaps with her peers. Stop pretending you don't see it. :rip: 

I don’t engage with intellectually dishonest nonsense, which this post is full of. 

You know what you’re doing. I don’t believe for one second that you think 200k pure second week is “disappointing”. Pure bait. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.