H100: Easy On Me 5x #1, Oh My God #5

Renan90

18 minutes ago, Finkypop said:

The way certain users must be in shambles (they are, as evidenced by some of their posts in this thread...)

Butters.thumb.png.d3753b44d26df7131afb03

OT: Almost reached folklore numbers, very impressive :clap3: (2) 

tumblr_on9qusdekQ1swrlk9o3_500.gif

Edited by Agenor

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaia

• georgechxng

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Brando

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Here come  the Swfities. 

Right :ahh: 

-

Congrats Adele! That’s all the GP :clap3: No bundles. No controversy. No unnecessary amount of versions. Just genuine interest :jonny:

Edited by Gaia

9 minutes ago, khalyan said:

This week from Adele is bigger than Taylor's last five album releases.  :toofunny2: 

If you keep saying it, will it become true? 

laugh-olivia-colman.gif

So even if Adele withheld her album from streaming or made her tracks “album only,” she still would have had the largest debut of the year based on her pure sales?

:gaycat6:

13 minutes ago, khalyan said:

This week from Adele is bigger than Taylor's last five album releases.  :toofunny2: 

is this backed up by numbers or just your wishful thinking?

Not bad, approaching Folklore numbers while flooding the LP market and aggressive promotion. Other girls should take note

14 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Streaming wise, i would say it was more on par with Red TV's second week but maybe numbers just didn't reflect the real hype 

r4v03aj.gif

5 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Wait are Swifties bragging that their fave sold 5k more with bundles last year? :deadbanana2:

I didn't realize it was that small a difference in sales. 

Her label is definitely very disappointed :dies:. They were expecting it to sell double of Folklore or at the very least half of 25's debut week, but it didn't:gaycat6:. And blocking every one from producing vinyls only for it to fail to outsell a decade old rerecording:hoetenks:. At least they'll be expecting her to deliver albums at a much faster rate now, but it'll be interesting to see how much lower her album sales will get without the hype of a 5/6 year hiatus:deadbanana2:

As someone who's a Adele fan, to the point of actually buying her 30 CD even though she's only in AAA, which isn't my favorite genre but I do follow some, I won't try & spin this. I had hoped for 1 Million & that didn't happen.

However, Auburn's loss to bama the way it happened last night hurts me much more. I know I'm just about the only CFB ATRL fan, it is what it is. So 30 not reaching 1 million definitely disappoints me but won't cost me any sleep.

1 minute ago, Cleanromantic said:

Her label is definitely very disappointed :dies:. They were expecting it to sell double of Folklore or at the very least half of 25's debut week, but it didn't:gaycat6:. And blocking every one from producing vinyls only for it to fail to outsell a decade old rerecording:hoetenks:. At least they'll be expecting her to deliver albums at a much faster rate now, but it'll be interesting to see how much lower her album sales will get without the hype of a 5/6 year hiatus:deadbanana2:

I don't think this will change her rate of release at all.  In her interviews she kinda seems bewildered by her own success and a doubt a label can force her to release 4 albums into her career.

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Icarus said:

If you keep saying it, will it become true? 

laugh-olivia-colman.gif

7 minutes ago, kstreaming said:

is this backed up by numbers or just your wishful thinking?

According to Billboard!

“30’s first-week sales of 692,000 not only mark the single-largest sales frame of 2021, but the largest sales week for any album since 2017. The last time an album sold more copies in a single week was when Taylor Swift’s Reputation debuted with 1.216 million copies sold in the week ending Nov. 16, 2017 (reflected on the Dec. 2, 2017-dated charts).“

Since Reputation, Taylor has released three studio albums and two rereleases.  So yeah, according to Billboard, 30 outsold the last five albums it seems :alexz3: 

She's not a streaming artist she's an albums artist and the pure sales industry is in the pits - the fact she made a 800k+ debut with a global #1 smash and critically acclaimed album is amazing for her :clap3:

5 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

As someone who's a Adele fan, to the point of actually buying her 30 CD even though she's only in AAA, which isn't my favorite genre but I do follow some, I won't try & spin this. I had hoped for 1 Million & that didn't happen.

However, Auburn's loss to bama the way it happened last night hurts me much more. I know I'm just about the only CFB ATRL fan, it is what it is. So 30 not reaching 1 million definitely disappoints me but won't cost me any sleep.

I’m glad Alabama beat Auburn because it’s good for the SEC to have more teams reach the playoffs but at this point we deserve to lose to Georgia and I’m absolutely not expecting anything from them next week :michael:

Mess at it doing less than Folklore and less vinyls than Red TV.

Good numbers but an underperformance for her as many have said.

This is not bad number at all but this also bring Adele back to earth, she is still a megastar but not untouchable like before.

Also, this article confirms what I already said about the way Adele and Taylor are treated. Adele is coddled by the industry and the article tries to find every possible excuse for this massive underperformance, which makes her stagnate and not grow sonically. Meanwhile, Taylor is disrespected in the same article multiple times, and that's what makes her strive to outperform herself sonically and commercially time and time again. I'm sure she'll sell more than this with her next album that'll be another reinvention for her, and all the goalposts will be moved once again. :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, chiliam said:

This is not bad number at all but this also bring Adele back to earth, she is still a megastar but not untouchable like before.

First time I’ve ever heard someone refer to Adele as not being down to earth lmao 

9 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I’m glad Alabama beat Auburn because it’s good for the SEC to have more teams reach the playoffs but at this point we deserve to lose to Georgia and I’m absolutely not expecting anything from them next week :michael:

WOW!!! I'm not the only ATRL CFB fan. Congrats on your win. I've been an Auburn fan 38 years though. So its all thru my blood & bones. 

To keep this from completely going of topic, Adele needs to release 35/6 2-3 yrs from now. She's already 33 lol. 

18 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Lol Adele is way too big for her label to expect her to release albums when they want. 

She will release when she wants and probably take another long break. 

3 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Also, this article confirms what I already said about the way Adele and Taylor are treated. Adele is coddled by the industry and the article tries to find every possible excuse for this massive underperformance, which makes her stagnate and not grow sonically. Meanwhile, Taylor is disrespected in the same article multiple times, and that's what makes her strive to outperform herself sonically and commercially time and time again. I'm sure she'll sell more than this with her next album that'll be another reinvention for her, and all the goalposts will be moved once again. :giraffe:

Just read the full article. Where’s the disrespect?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.